HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 15, 2015, 8:38 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 45-40 Vernon Boulevard | 295 FT | 28 FLOORS

More SHoP-Designed Apartments Heading to Long Island City

Quote:
To the surprise of absolutely no one, another Long Island City warehouse will be razed for an apartment tower. New York YIMBY and the Real Deal spotted the permits for the new building, which will replace the old Paragon Paint factory at 45-40 Vernon Boulevard between 45th Road and 46th Avenue. Simon Baron Development and CRE Development will be putting a 28-story, 296-unit tower designed by SHoP Architects in its place. The new tower is just a few blocks away from the SHoP-designed buildings of Hunters Point South.

There will be retail on the ground floor and a 24-car garage in the cellar. A smaller building next to the warehouse is also part of the property, and it will be replaced by a public park with water access.
==============================
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/0...sland_city.php

Old Posted Jun 16, 2015, 3:52 AM

I'm usually pro-development, but I'm actually sad to see the Paragon Paint Factory go for purely sentimental reasons. Back in 2010 when I was first starting in architecture, my girlfriend and I measured and drafted up this entire complex (which I believe is three buildings in total). The owner at the time was planning to convert it into a massive bar / event space - unfortunately he tragically passed away before he could see his vision through.

The factory had been abandoned for years and was fascinating to wonder through. The current owners should commission photoLith to photograph it to add to his Abandonment series before its razed. Here are some photos I took inside:

IMG_0946
by scottbarnholt, on Flickr

IMG_0947

IMG_0982

IMG_1003

IMG_1004

IMG_4625

IMG_4626

IMG_4627

That said, I'm sure SHoP will do something great here.

Last edited by sbarn; Jun 16, 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2015, 6:12 PM

Very cool pictures sbarn! Thanks for sharing those. sHoP usually does a great job of designing something memorable, so I look forward to seeing what is in store for this property.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2015, 8:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

SHoP is on their game when it comes to everything. Midrises and supertalls. LIC is up and coming. Next few years should be interesting as it transforms similarly to DoBro.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 4:15 PM

REVEALED: SHoP Architects’ Long Island City Waterfront Development

REVEALED: SHoP Architects’ Long Island City Waterfront Development
By Ondel Hylton
November 23, 2015
http://www.6sqft.com/revealed-shop-architects-long-island-city-waterfront-development/

Quote:
Here’s our first peek at Simon Baron Development, Quadrum Global and CRE Development’s three-tower Long Island City development slated to rise alongside the former Paragon Paint factory building at 45-40 Vernon Boulevard. Permits for the first tower were filed with the DOB back in June and detail a 28-story, 296-unit rental tower designed by SHoP Architects. The tower is part of a larger master plan that will revamp the eastern extents of the Anable Basin inlet with a waterfront esplanade and bring an additional 14-story residential tower at 45-24 Vernon Boulevard and an eight story building along 45th Road.

More info and images in the post here.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2015, 12:15 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Loft-Style Apartments To Occupy Former Paragon Paint Factory In Long Island City

Quote:
Back in June, YIMBY brought you news of a 28-story mixed-use tower planned for the site of the former Paragon Paint Factory at 45-40 Vernon Boulevard in the Hunters Point section of Long Island City. We know its 295 feet will shine, and thanks to an interview with SHoP principal architect Gregg Pasquarelli, we also know more about what will become of the factory building itself, which will connect to the new tower.

Pasquarelli told YIMBY that the four-story-tall factory building will have ground floor retail and then loft apartments above. “What I think is really great is the way that we’re proposing to renovate the historic building with sort of indoor-outdoor terraces, maintaining the façade and keeping the industrial feel,” he said.

What are indoor-outdoor terraces? Well, the existing building envelope won’t be changed, but, in some places, the outer windows will set back, creating recessed terraces. “You have both indoor and outdoor space in the loft space,” Pasquarelli said.

What about the design of the high-rise, which would be one of three new buildings in the Simon Baron-developed site? “Well, we’re still working on refining the design, but the idea was that the lower buildings use heavier materials like steel and concrete and are connected to the low-rise industrial context. And the tall building, we sort of sculpted, so it’s not just a rectangle,” Pasquarelli said.
=====================
NYY

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 12:36 PM

Developers Seek Zoning Variance to Build 23-Story Tower on Paragon Paint Site on Vernon Blvd LIC Post

The plans for this tower were scuttled when Amazon and then YourLIC put forth proposals for Anable Basin. Since then, Quadrum bought the former Paragon Paint building and remediated the environmental conditions. They are seeking approval on a slightly scaled-down 23-story tower that redevelops the warehouse while adding public access to Anable Basin.

https://licpost.com/developers-seek-...on-vernon-blvd

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals