HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 23, 2022, 3:12 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The evolving face of downtown Dieppe:

Cropped photo from Retail Talk & Share.
Think the scale and scope is appropriate. Don't think i'm a fan of the upper floor setback but i'll wait for final product.

Won't be a totally conducive area for pedestrian activity until the north side of Champlain matches, but it's a step up for urban realm in the city.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Won't be a totally conducive area for pedestrian activity until the north side of Champlain matches, but it's a step up for urban realm in the city.
There also definitely needs to be some traffic calming speed wise on Champlain to increase pedestrian activity. I think they could pull it off with Champlain being 4 lanes, but those lanes needs to be narrowed.

Also, the Paul street extension (to connect to Amirault behind Promenade 9) has resurfaced. It was included in maps again in the Active Transportation plan presentation presented to council this week.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2022, 1:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKAshayne View Post
Also, the Paul street extension (to connect to Amirault behind Promenade 9) has resurfaced. It was included in maps again in the Active Transportation plan presentation presented to council this week.
Interesting. In my opinion, the Champlain/Acadie intersection is too busy and is dysfunctional. A Paul Street extension to Alain-Gillette at Acadie would do a lot to improve this by diverting traffic flow and decompressing traffic pressure at Champlain/Acadie.

Did they say anything specific about their plans?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2022, 3:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are now working on the 4th and final floor of Terrasses du Marche on Champlain Street, next to the Wingate Hotel.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Interesting. In my opinion, the Champlain/Acadie intersection is too busy and is dysfunctional. A Paul Street extension to Alain-Gillette at Acadie would do a lot to improve this by diverting traffic flow and decompressing traffic pressure at Champlain/Acadie.

Did they say anything specific about their plans?
I have heard that the long term plan is after the connector is built is to convert Amirault from Champlain to Alain-Gillette to a 2-lane street with street parking.

I've mentioned it here before but I still don't see how they are going to connect to this intersection without drastic realignment. It would have to run directly through the Promenade Neuf parking lot.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 3:38 PM

Spring edition of Dieppe MAG is out with a list of roadwork for 2022. Seems like kind of a short list :

ASPHALT REPLACEMENT
Dieppe Boulevard (Caleb to Melanson)

MICROSURFACING
MUNICIPAL STREETS
Dieppe Boulevard (Quality Inn to Canaan and Melanson to Belle-Foret)
Thomas Street (Thaddee to Avalon)
Fox-Creek Road

DESIGNATED ROADS
Champlain Street (Acadie to Midland and Moncton Flight College to east city limits)
Amirault Street (Alain-Gillette to Melanson)

ROAD CONSTRUCTION
GAUVIN BLOCK
Alley construction (Marche to Evolution)

OTHER PROJECTS
CULVERT REPLACEMENT on Lorette and CONNECTION between Lorette and Lakeburn

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 4:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
I have heard that the long term plan is after the connector is built is to convert Amirault from Champlain to Alain-Gillette to a 2-lane street with street parking.
Interesting. I recall reading the other year that Dieppe was mulling over the possibility of putting in a roundabout at the Champlain/Acadie intersection. I thought at the time that this was a nuts plan, however, if they plan on giving Acadie a "road diet" north of Allain-Gillette, then this makes the possibility of a roundabout at Champlain/Acadie more plausible. The combination of the road diet and the roundabout would be a huge step forward in making downtown Dieppe a lot more pedestrian friendly.

Quote:
I've mentioned it here before but I still don't see how they are going to connect to this intersection without drastic realignment. It would have to run directly through the Promenade Neuf parking lot.
There would have to be a two lane left hand turn at Amireault onto the Paul Street extension to serve as a satisfactory diversion to get traffic off of Acadie northbound to Champlain. Yes, the parking lot at Promenade Neuf would have to be sacrificed, but, this was always the long term plan in any event. The parking lot is only temporary.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 1:29 PM
Random Contributor

Another view of Terrasses du Marche

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:25 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post

My browser tab was still open.
I see that your link is no longer working.

Happily I did a screen capture of your image, and uploaded it to a photo hosting site for posterity.

Presumed render of Promenade Neuf Phase Two.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 2:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Work is imminent for an artificial turf field at Ecole Mathieu-Martin.

Construction is supposed to begin May 9th.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 6:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Groupe Touchette is apparently responsible for this new large warehouse facility on Aviation Avenue in Dieppe, just beyond the Mercedes dealership.

Groupe Touchette is a major tire distribution company. Between this and the massive NTD warehouse in the Caledonia Industrial Park, Moncton must have a stronghold on the tire distribution business in Atlantic Canada.

Old Posted May 8, 2022, 1:19 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This was just posted on the Quest Capital Facebook page:

Quote:
Something is coming.......

And that "something" is presumably Promenade Neuf Phase Two

The post is only a tease, but I presume that this means construction is starting sometime soon, perhaps this summer.

Old Posted May 8, 2022, 8:48 PM

I was driving by the site today and one budiling is about 90% torn down and the other house/building is on a bed attached to a truck. It looks like we might see this start relatively soon. I dont know if the render is final but I had hoped this would be the same height as Promenade Neuf, we would get the beginning of a nice canyon effect on Acadie.

Old Posted May 8, 2022, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seely32 View Post
I dont know if the render is final but I had hoped this would be the same height as Promenade Neuf, we would get the beginning of a nice canyon effect on Acadie.
I was hoping the same thing. At least it will be close in height.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 12:21 PM

The block at Dieppe Blvd and Principale-Ouest is all fenced in with digging underway. I have not seen anything about this but it would appear to be substantial. This is right behind the Coop/IGA.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 2:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
The block at Dieppe Blvd and Principale-Ouest is all fenced in with digging underway. I have not seen anything about this but it would appear to be substantial. This is right behind the Coop/IGA.
Back when this area was called "The Village on Dieppe Boulevard" (about five years ago), the site plan called for a cluster of moderately large multistorey apartment buildings in this location, with one building in about the eight storey range if I recall correctly.

The original developer is no longer involved I believe, and the former website is no longer active, so I have no idea what the current plans are, but I would expect that a multiple building apartment development is still on the table.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Back when this area was called "The Village on Dieppe Boulevard" (about five years ago), the site plan called for a cluster of moderately large multistorey apartment buildings in this location, with one building in about the eight storey range if I recall correctly.

The original developer is no longer involved I believe, and the former website is no longer active, so I have no idea what the current plans are, but I would expect that a multiple building apartment development is still on the table.
Did some digging on this and found the following :

The lot was sold on June 1st, 2021 for 1.5M$ according to https://paol.snb.ca/paol.html?lang=fr&pan=06009890.
It was on PAC's Agenda for the March 16, 2022 meeting for a request from Amico Construction, see https://calendrier-calendar.dieppe.c...8-ae6c000cc464. Only the Agenda is available and the Minutes of the meetings are not yet available. As always, with City of Dieppe, not much information is available.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:

It does look like multiple foundations or underground parking areas are being excavated so this is probably a good call.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 2:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
It does look like multiple foundations or underground parking areas are being excavated so this is probably a good call.
I've since heard that these buildings are being built by a developer for management by Killam REIT. I'm anticipating they will be clones of the existing apartment buildings next door, therefore four storeys tall.

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 2:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Jack's Pizza (out of Shediac) is apparently going to take over the former location of Famous Pepper's Pizza on Sunset Street in Dieppe.

Supposedly their pizza place in Shediac is very popular.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces