HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 4:43 PM
Honored Member

One positive change, which may seem like a minor point, the Halifax Local of SSP and the Atlantic section of SSP are almost as popular as the Ontario section at some times during the day. Even better, it would be great if this Atlantic SSP (Skyscraperpage) section becomes as popular as the BC/Alberta section. The increasing popularity of this forum indicates the number of people in the Atlantic provinces who are interested in seeing positive developments in the Halifax area and Atlantic Provinces.

I look forward to the day when there are hundreds of people following the Halifax and Atlantic section of SSP. Especially, in the case of HRM, if some are councillors and the Mayor (?) then maybe residents (and ex-residents) can effectively communicate to city council what they would like to see HRM become.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 5:07 PM

Forum's like this are great places to get discussions and ideas started and flowing - where I think there is some lack is translating this into something in the real world.

There are varying opinions on things like the Nova Centre and development in general - I'd urge people to get their opinions into council. When the debate comes, don't just sign online petitions - get your opinions known. Email your councillor or the mayor's office, submit comments to council.

You'd be surprised just how many of them actually read them!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues