HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 11:24 PM
Salty Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
^To put what Someone123 is trying to say in words ...

Yes, Hammonds Plains is experiencing growth. It was the fastest growing district in HRM during the last census.
The growth in Hammonds Plains is very typical for HRM. Growth is unplanned and is left to the devices of developers. The Hammonds Plains road is a disaster. It is a narrow country road. The vertical profile has not been modified to handle high traffic volumes and because haphazard growth has been permitted for 25 years it will cost 5 fold to address 25% of the issue. The remaining 75% will remain chocked. One would think that the corridors of the #103 to exit 5, the #118/102 to the airport and the #101 to Windsor would be strongly promoted for residential and commercial development. On each of these major arteries there is barely a structure.

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 12:59 AM

The development group has now come up with a name;

Halifax Development Coalition.

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 9:44 PM
we built this city

Last edited by worldlyhaligonian; Mar 16, 2015 at 8:14 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2009, 2:49 PM

It's just awesome to see what a passionate group we have here in Halifax. It's also ironic, as it is likely a result of our city's poor handling of development in the past that we have such a dedicated bunch here.

I'd love to get involved in this any way that I can. I don't know for sure what I will be able to offer, but I want to be a part of this. I'm 20 and will be studying city planning and urban development at SMU this fall.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2009, 7:50 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_of_Lakes View Post
It's just awesome to see what a passionate group we have here in Halifax. It's also ironic, as it is likely a result of our city's poor handling of development in the past that we have such a dedicated bunch here.

I'd love to get involved in this any way that I can. I don't know for sure what I will be able to offer, but I want to be a part of this. I'm 20 and will be studying city planning and urban development at SMU this fall.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=168931

Old Posted Jul 5, 2009, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_of_Lakes View Post

Check your inbox.

I sent you some information.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues