HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Aqua in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 9:28 PM
c h i c a g o

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBuyer View Post
Magellan's standard contract contain's a clause which they stick to, stating that all units must be closed on and contracts cannot be assigned/transferred prior to close. Additionally, the purchaser must reside in the unit for one year post close. If the purchaser wishes to sell inside of that first year, Magellan retains the first option right to repurchase the unit at the original pre-construction price.
this is very common in most new construction contracts. however, if they are indeed virtually sold out, magellan may waive this clause. the reason for this clause is because the developer does not want to compete with flippers to sell units. if the developer is sold out, they dont have to worry about that.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Not that surprising. They're the speculators who bought at pre-construction prices. And now that the building is sold out, they're trying to make a profit.
kind of like selling a PS3 on ebay...

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojava View Post
this is very common in most new construction contracts. however, if they are indeed virtually sold out, magellan may waive this clause. the reason for this clause is because the developer does not want to compete with flippers to sell units. if the developer is sold out, they dont have to worry about that.
If the profit potential was good enough, though, wouldn't Magellan be interested in purchasing the units back at pre-construction prices and flipping the condos themselves?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 1:05 AM
Condo Projects Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket1 View Post
If the profit potential was good enough, though, wouldn't Magellan be interested in purchasing the units back at pre-construction prices and flipping the condos themselves?
Yes they would, but if they don't have to compete with the flippers why would they? They left the option open so they could purhase at the earlier price and flip, but also left themselves an out. Perfect contract for the developer in my eyes.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 6:16 PM

Construction Update Pic's

Taken by EarlyBuyer 11/18/07

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Taken by EarlyBuyer 11/18/07
- unfortuantely I now see that it is the podium/garage ( red crane ) I see looking down Lake, not the tower itself. Great photos, thx

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
- unfortuantely I now see that it is the podium/garage ( red crane ) I see looking down Lake, not the tower itself. Great photos, thx
Yeah, that could have been planned better...

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 10:55 PM

May I ask, what is the structure going up directly east of the fire station in EarlyBuyer's photos? Is that part of Aqua's podium? It looks too big/deep to be park homes.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest View Post
May I ask, what is the structure going up directly east of the fire station in EarlyBuyer's photos? Is that part of Aqua's podium? It looks too big/deep to be park homes.
Northwest, most of the construction in that corner (east of the fire station and south of the Swissotel) is the expansion of the Swissotel's meeting space and new ballroom. This construction is part of the Aqua project's master plan.

Edit: my response refers to the real estate north of the concrete wall poured (best visualized in the 7th photo). The work south of this wall is the continuation of the Aqua podium (this yet-to-be-built section of the podium will be parking and amenities).

Last edited by EarlyBuyer; Nov 18, 2007 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Edit for further clarification

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Northwest, most of the construction in that corner (east of the fire station and south of the Swissotel) is the expansion of the Swissotel's meeting space and new ballroom. This construction is part of the Aqua project's master plan.

Edit: my response refers to the real estate north of the concrete wall poured (best visualized in the 7th photo). The work south of this wall is the continuation of the Aqua podium (this yet-to-be-built section of the podium will be parking and amenities).
Thanks for the info. I hope the Swissotel part of the development wont be left as an awkward blank wall, at least it doesnt directly face the park. If the Aqua developers have a hand in this Im sure they will leave it looking good in some way, at the very least clad in something better than raw concrete. Are there any renderings of what the entire west side of LSE park will look like when Aqua is complete?
Its too bad that the view down Lake Street wont have a spectacular tower like Aqua at the end of the urban canyon, but due to the plot layout I see this would have been difficult to execute. I guess the El tracks covering most of Lake Street makes this view less important. Hopefully pedestrians on Michigan Ave will at least get a glimpse of Aqua, but it looks like it will be largely hidden. Too bad, indeed a missed opportunity.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2007, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest View Post
Are there any renderings of what the entire west side of LSE park will look like when Aqua is complete?

This rendering was posted by archytype 5/07. It may in part answer your question.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 12:01 AM

H.M. Witt & Co. Installed yesterday and this morning hundreds of feet of banners promoting Aqua and the Village Market Center along the LSE park circle drive. I was going to take a picture today to post, however it was too foggy. Not sure what promotional displays have been/will be installed along Columbus Dr. for Aqua.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 5:51 AM

Quote:
H.M. Witt & Co. Installed yesterday and this morning hundreds of feet of banners promoting Aqua and the Village Market Center along the LSE park circle drive. I was going to take a picture today to post, however it was too foggy. Not sure what promotional displays have been/will be installed along Columbus Dr. for Aqua.
Why would they put up banners promoting a building that is basically sold out? That seems like an unnecessary expense.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Yeah, that could have been planned better...
Well, you'll probably be able to see the second tower down Lake Street when it's built.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Well, you'll probably be able to see the second tower down Lake Street when it's built.
Isn't there a drive being built down at the end of Lake Street?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Isn't there a drive being built down at the end of Lake Street?
Look at the first photo above posted by Early Buyer. There will be a tower on that little sliver of land south of the podium. I think that it'll be visible.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 7:30 PM
Chicago Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrickw View Post
Why would they put up banners promoting a building that is basically sold out? That seems like an unnecessary expense.
thats what I was thinking. only 4 units left!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 10:42 PM
Let's Eat!

Thanks for the render Early...gives a nice view of whats going on down there.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 10:28 PM

From today

Last edited by Chi649; Nov 23, 2007 at 2:43 AM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 10:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbotnyse View Post
thats what I was thinking. only 4 units left!

And Aqua is still taking out full page ads in the realestate section of the trib.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive