HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 4:24 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
I agree. And, maybe it's just me, but I don't think that Devon Tower is totally out of scale. Obviously it stands out. But, I certainly wish Nashville had a Devon Tower. Devon is 844 feet. The next tallest building is 500 feet.
With a few more in the 400 plus foot range. Like you said, with Nashville's terrain and the number of other high rises, a tower the height of Devon wouldn't look out of place at all. Keep in mind, at one point in Nashville's history the L&C Tower stood alone.

Nashville 1957

Many are forgetting that just over ten years ago about the very ambitious and game-changing 'Signature Tower' that was in the works. It's a travesty that never came into fruition... That project would have been over 1,050 feet and 70 floors. Would have been perfect! Really hoping a developer out there can pick up where that project left off.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2021, 11:18 AM
Nashville born and raised

Deleted;

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 3:57 PM.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2021, 12:34 PM

I will say with 95% certainty the tenant will be Amazon. Too many sources point to that and I have seen other things that confirm it as well. My guess is the announcement will be coming VERY soon!

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 7:40 PM

Deleted

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 21, 2021 at 2:56 AM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 9:07 PM

I will have to look to see if it on the State Auction list. The thing that is confusing is that is says pubic/private venture which makes me think that the State is wanting to redevelop the land.

They would have to go through some sort of open bidding process to make that happen one would think. I am not really sure what to make of this, but we are reaching out to Tim Morris!

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 10:57 PM

It seemed premature for them to post it on their website for someone like me to find. I hope they have all their ducks in a row and get this done. It's a nice re-use of this property.

I have a funny story to tell you next time we meet about my one visit to the prison when I was delivering auto parts around town for a summer job when I was in college.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
It seemed premature for them to post it on their website for someone like me to find. I hope they have all their ducks in a row and get this done. It's a nice re-use of this property.

I have a funny story to tell you next time we meet about my one visit to the prison when I was delivering auto parts around town for a summer job when I was in college.
I did a pretty thorough search on the TDEC website last night and this site is not listed as available for development, so there must be some private talks going on. The historic folks are going to have a hissy fit if they demolish the main prison.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
I did a pretty thorough search on the TDEC website last night and this site is not listed as available for development, so there must be some private talks going on. The historic folks are going to have a hissy fit if they demolish the main prison.
It looks like they’re keeping the main, central building, but demolishing the wings. On the Phase 1A image, it says, “The historic headhouse is reimagined as a hotel with an adjoining civic gallery.”

Anyone who redevelops the property is going to have to preserve at least the main central structure. It would be an absolute travesty if that building were to come down.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 4:02 PM

I have a hard time zooming in that close on this little piece of technology. That’s good to hear. I was trying to see but could not make it out.

We will know more when Tim gets back to us as he is pretty good about doing that.

I see it now, although very blurry and hard to read.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 9:16 PM

Deleted

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 11:31 PM
Future God

Those two projects are going to be such game changers for that section of the core. Hopefully they don't encounter any road blocks from grumpy NIMBY's in City Lights.

Weirdly though I'm even more excited about the previously mentioned project on the state prison site, assuming it's a real project with a real chance at coming to fruition. Nashville is obviously a booming city, but if there were an area of town that could use a shot in the arm, it would definitely be that area, and damn what a shot that would be!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 8:09 PM

You can kiss the tall boy in the Centrum project goodbye I think. From what I understand that has already been nixed and they have had to move the taller tower down to the other end of the property and shrink it.

Taylor has kept up with this one a lot closer than I have and I am sure he will chime in with the correct info. The folks at City Lights I will call the “furious four” had their say about this one too.

Look for a total revamp of the project.

On a lighter note I have heard that their will be a change to the DT Code before Freddie leaves office. The current code was put in place about 10 years ago and was a outdated about 3 years after it went into effect. They had no idea that downtown would take off the way it has.
There is supposed to be a big announcement coming tomorrow!

I don’t see where anyone posted this either: SWVP said there will be up to 8 residential towers in the Yards projects now, with two to be underway around the first of the year and all of the project complete around 2025.

If that is the case they will have to start on the entire remainder of the buildings, the 8 resi. Towers, and the entertainment/office tower, and the remaining 2 office towers this next year. They are looking to do more projects as well.

Also 825 6th Ave S will be 710 units. This is the location of the old Smithfield project. It is a 4 acre site, so I have no idea if this is a phase I, or if this 1 or 4 towers or what.

By my count we should have between 40 & 50 tower cranes up between the East Bank and midtown by this time next year. Things are about to really get cranking!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 4:50 PM

Cross-posted from UrbanPlanet Nashville, original post from user markhollin:

1000 Church St. will be a partnership between Tony Giarratana and the Downtown YMCA that will feature a 60 story, approx. 750' residential tower (Nashville's new tallest) of 500 units, and a 7 story, 60,000 sq. ft. addition to the downtown health club facility. Older portions of the existing Y will be demolished to make way for the new elements on the .9 acre site. The YMCA addition that was built in 2008 on the north side of the complex will remain and be open during construction.

There will be 360 for-rent apts., and 140 condos above them in the tower.

Goettsch Partners out of Chicago will be the architects.

Work is set to get underway in January of 2023. The YMCA portion will be complete by June of 2024. The residential tower should be partially open by July of 2025.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...58a6bebe3.html

Pics here: https://twitter.com/NashUrbanPlanet/...64877752655879

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 7:09 PM

Deleted

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 3:58 PM. Reason: Poor moderating

Old Posted Oct 5, 2021, 3:04 AM
Future God

Hmm, not bad! Sort of a re-imagining of the Paramount design.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 1:17 PM

Delete

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 4:27 PM

Because of all the attention that has been given to SoBro over the past few years, I don't think anyone saw Nashville Yards coming along and having the impact that it will. While Tony G's buildings aren't technically part of Nashville Yards, but having those residential buildings nearby will make the area seem even bigger. If all that is proposed for NY's is built and TG's 60 story proposal comes to fruition, it will dramatically change the skyline of the primary core of downtown. And, don't forget that there are other towers that will be started on pretty soon in the North Gulch across from NY's.

Also, it's just a matter of time for new high rise development to occur on the eastern edge of mid-town, along I-40. The car dealerships will become prime parcels for major development projects. Broadwest will have neighboring towers on both the north and south side of Broadway. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of such an announcement by year end or early 2022.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 11:53 PM

There could be more coming on the 11 north apartments parcels. Something could be up there as there is core drilling to be done there. I had mentioned that on another forum.

I know there is a company ,I can’t mention, that is looking at a possible proposal there but it is way preliminary. That is a 8 acre property.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 12:47 PM

Delete

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 8:32 PM

I am afraid it will get reduced again, knowing planning and the Freaky Four at City Lights. We are unsure if the orientation of the taller tower was moved to the north or not.

My spidey sense says yes.

On another note, Bass, Berry , Sims moving their office from the 3rd Ave Pinnacle Tower to the new Pinnacle tower in the Gulch.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations