HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Apr 15, 2022, 4:36 PM

^It grew a floor! From 14 to 15 now.

Snipped from the drawings:

Old Posted Apr 15, 2022, 4:59 PM

Thanks for posting these images, Mark

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 2:15 AM

Is it just me or does this building have a very Multnomah County Courthouse little brother vibe?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 5:22 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Is it just me or does this building have a very Multnomah County Courthouse little brother vibe?
It's the verticals on the white facade. This is gonna be a good addition to the Lloyd District, though the pdf for this building makes me a little sad since it shows the two towers that didn't get built a couple blocks away, one of which was that 350ft tower. I am loving the look of the Lloyd District skyline, but with Lloyd I would like to see taller buildings going up there.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
It's the verticals on the white facade. This is gonna be a good addition to the Lloyd District, though the pdf for this building makes me a little sad since it shows the two towers that didn't get built a couple blocks away, one of which was that 350ft tower. I am loving the look of the Lloyd District skyline, but with Lloyd I would like to see taller buildings going up there.
I'm pretty sure that's the Liberty Center.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 3:35 PM
BANNED

Wow imagine if the Oregon square towers went up along with this addition. Lloyd would have rivaled some medium size cities main skylines

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 11:45 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Wow imagine if the Oregon square towers went up along with this addition. Lloyd would have rivaled some medium size cities main skylines
Funny enough, the medium size city I grew up by, Norfolk, Va, the Lloyd District including the Rose Quarter is about the same size downtown and Norfolk only has about 5-6 more towers than Lloyd District, and only has roughly 3 taller than Lloyd with only one of them being 340ft.

Heck, Spokane has only a few more tall buildings than Lloyd District (and that is being liberal with the term tall buildings for Spokane) and their downtown is the same size as Lloyd District with Lloyd District having a building that is a foot taller than the tallest building in Spokane.

So in other words, Lloyd District literally is Portland's second skyline that is the equivalent to a medium city.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
I don't mind it. I think it's a beautiful addition to Lloyd District. The look could be considered "Portland" if we have multiple buildings with a similar style. I'm loving the density going in around the Convention Center but like others have mentioned, I'd LOVE to see some 350 footers go up in Lloyd.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 8:09 PM

Project is now on the Design Commission agenda for February 16th:

Quote:
The proposed development is for a 15-story multi-family apartment building on a half-block site, located at the southwest corner of NE 7th Avenue and NE Oregon street in the Central City Plan District, Lloyd Sub-District. The proposed building use includes 14 stories of apartment units totaling 240 units. Resident amenities are proposed on the ground floor and a community room, amenity deck, and ecoroof will occupy the roof. Three levels of below grade parking are proposed. A Modification is requested to reduce the parking space width for a limited number of parking stalls to accommodate structural columns.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 5:50 PM

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 12:29 AM

Quote:
On the Boards: Skyview on 7th

A 15-story, 240-unit apartment building is in the works for Portland’s Lloyd District. Skyview on 7th will be located on two parcels at 701 and 777 N.E. Seventh Ave. Currently, the property is occupied by an office building and a vacant lot.

Mackenzie designed the project for Master Development. Turner Construction will serve as the general contractor.

The proposed building would include 14 stories of apartments with levels 2-6 holding 17 units each, levels 7-13 holding 20 units each, level 14 holding 10 units, and level 15 holding five units. To meet city inclusionary housing requirements, 35 would be affordable housing units.

The ground floor would provide residential amenities, while a community room, an amenity deck and an eco-roof would occupy the penthouse level. Driver access to the proposed below-grade garage would be provided from Northeast Irving Street.
...continues at the DJC ($)

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 11:54 PM

Curious if the developer could be convinced to include a SE corner space for a coffee shop, which might tie in nicely to the bike/ped bridge and all that N/S traffic. I know I'd be stopping in frequently. This building looks very nice either way.

I also wonder, with the urgency of our housing crisis, if Metro might be willing to give up their parking garage (haha) for some affordable housing. Great spot right there with the new bridge and easy streetcar/MAX/bus access.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 11:13 PM
BANNED

Very nice but it should be way taller it’s not like it wouldn’t fill

Old Posted Jan 22, 2023, 8:14 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post
Curious if the developer could be convinced to include a SE corner space for a coffee shop, which might tie in nicely to the bike/ped bridge and all that N/S traffic. I know I'd be stopping in frequently. This building looks very nice either way.

I also wonder, with the urgency of our housing crisis, if Metro might be willing to give up their parking garage (haha) for some affordable housing. Great spot right there with the new bridge and easy streetcar/MAX/bus access.
Actually that is not a bad idea for Metro to put their money where their mouth is and redevelop their garage into an affordable housing tower. It could still house a garage for Metro employees, but it would be better use than what exists there now.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 10:18 PM

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:41 AM

Staff Report, which doesn't yet recommend approval.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 5:44 PM

Drawings [12 MB]

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 6:21 PM
A before E

The building is looking really good in the plans, the one issue I have with it that seems like a potential missed opportunity is the roof top community space has great views to the east, but no views looking west and I would imagine that location could really have a great view of downtown from that rooftop.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
The building is looking really good in the plans, the one issue I have with it that seems like a potential missed opportunity is the roof top community space has great views to the east, but no views looking west and I would imagine that location could really have a great view of downtown from that rooftop.
The view to the east is far less likely to be impeded by future development.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 10:35 PM
BANNED

Why isn’t the rooftop facing downtown and the skyline view?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland