HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 8:05 PM

Some interesting projects in Denver's site development plan review:

2114 Curtis - 31 story residential with 200 micro-unit apartments

1901 Arapahoe- Two 37 story towers with 730 units (Paradise Living)

2100 Lawrence - 32 story building with 251 micro-unit apartments and 146 room hotel

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Some interesting projects in Denver's site development plan review:

2114 Curtis - 31 story residential with 200 micro-unit apartments

1901 Arapahoe- Two 37 story towers with 730 units (Paradise Living)

2100 Lawrence - 32 story building with 251 micro-unit apartments and 146 room hotel
The first and last ones in that list are new to me. Plus, interesting considering there really isn't thing of substantial height around them.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 11:37 PM

One more interesting project in Denver's site development plan review:

3110 East 1st Avenue- CC Mall - NE Building Re-development 2017PM399

This has been talked about for a while- wonder if it is finally moving forward. Not sure what the status of Safeway's lease is though.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 1:09 AM

Speaking of CC Mall, any chance of the Bed Bath & Beyond building being redeveloped into something now that they are about to vacate? I could see a 12 story residential building there.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
pretty sure Bloomberg already retracted that article.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbone View Post
Speaking of CC Mall, any chance of the Bed Bath & Beyond building being redeveloped into something now that they are about to vacate? I could see a 12 story residential building there.
Good question. There's a lot of questions about the future of Cherry Creek that haven't gotten attention lately including:

1. Bed Bath and Beyond - What's next?

2. Safeway - Does it now have along term lease or is it living year to year at CC?

3. Former RiteAid - What's going on there ? (The reference to NE CC Mall redevelopment on the Denver Site Development website hints at a Safeway/Right-Aid redevelopment).

4. Whole Foods - there was conceptual drawing some time back of the Whole Foods being rebuilt on the site of the existing Whole Foods Surface lot? What's up witih that? Would they have to close it first? If the entire Whole Foods/Sears pad is slated for complete redevelopment, perhaps Whole Foods moves to Bed Bath?

5. Sears - the buyers of the Sears site at one point spoke of a major redevelopment to recreate a through street where Sears is and develop a multi use office/housing/retail in its place.

There's so much getting built in Cherry Creek now the demand seems there but these future-state questions are still on the table, as far as I know! I suspect some of the readers have an inkling on one or more of these issues.

Last edited by CherryCreek; Sep 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 4:45 PM

Could we add the Wells Fargo at 1st and Speer to this list of question? I simply cannot believe a forest of mid-rises will surround a dinky bank for too much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Good question. There's a lot of questions about the future of Cherry Creek that haven't gotten attention lately including:

2. Safeway - Does it now have along term lease or is it living year to year at CC?

3. Former RiteAid - What's going on there ? (The reference to NE CC Mall redevelopment on the Denver Site Development website hints at a Safeway/Right-Aid redevelopment).

4. Whole Foods - there was conceptual drawing some time back of the Whole Foods being rebuilt on the site of the existing Whole Foods Surface lot? What's up witih that? Would they have to close it first? If the entire Whole Foods/Sears pad is slated for complete redevelopment, perhaps Whole Foods moves to Bed Bath?

5. Sears - the buyers of the Sears site at one point spoke of a major redevelopment to recreate a through street where Sears is and develop a multi use office/housing/retail in its place.

There's so much getting built in Cherry Creek now the demand seems there but these future-state questions are still on the table, as far as I know! I suspect some of the readers have an inkling on one or more of these issues.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 5:13 PM

Someone who runs one of the retailers at CC Mall told me that the Bed Bath and Beyond site was supposed to be developed into a Four Seasons. Not sure how valid that is but I do know they want to redeveloped that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 5:14 PM

Whole Foods DUS opening date?

I may have missed it here but do we have an opening date for our new Whole Foods? I see that they are recruiting for loads of positions with earnest.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 5:51 PM
Aspiring Amateur

Thank God it's a real Whole Foods and not their new 365 concept.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 6:50 PM

Another project in site plan review by the City:

El Jebel Tower - 61 stories, with residential and hotel

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Another project in site plan review by the City:

El Jebel Tower - 61 stories, with residential and hotel
Yes please!

Sounds like some good projects may be in the works, I will be curious to see the updated renderings for El Jebel and Paradise Living. Earlier this year I would have given both about a 0.1% chance of coming to fruition, but I will gladly eat crow if they become reality.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 7:42 PM

Which rendering does the 61 story version of El Jebel line up with? Is it this one?

http://www.aiifunds.com/?page_id=774

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCO View Post
Thank God it's a real Whole Foods and not their new 365 concept.
From my experience WF365 stores tend to not be in such high-end neighborhoods. i.e. in Austin, WF is downtown (global HQ) and the Domain (think outdoor-malled, younger Cherry Creek), whereas 365 is out in the Cedar Park suburbia-town.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 8:41 PM
Mile High Guy

Just a FYI from our neighborhood meeting... Stapleton and Forest City has announced that they plan to submit a proposal to Amazon and is planning on partnering with Denver on it. The idea is to provide campus space at or near the light rail and TOD. So, that's obviously another possibility. I-70 in that area is already a nightmare, so would not look forward to that aspect if this became true.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONative View Post
Just a FYI from our neighborhood meeting... Stapleton and Forest City has announced that they plan to submit a proposal to Amazon and is planning on partnering with Denver on it. The idea is to provide campus space at or near the light rail and TOD. So, that's obviously another possibility. I-70 in that area is already a nightmare, so would not look forward to that aspect if this became true.
I find that interesting as the Denver Post article mentioned something about Denver only submitting one single, unified bid: "Although Amazon is allowing one proposal per metro area, any communities that go it on their own would lose the backing of the state, limiting what incentives they could provide." - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/12...essons-boeing/

I can't quite figure out exactly what this means, but my assumption is that there will be an 'official' Denver bid that has the backing of the city government, and any other bids wouldn't be able to offer the same incentives. Would this mean that the Stapleton site is the 'official' bid location, or is Forest City submitting their own independent bid?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONative View Post
I wonder if there is enough open space on the land to the north of the train station? They must might have to build the other two lanes on the CPB bridge lol!

I suppose it would do wonders for my property value in Stapleton. I find it odd that people are complaining about the proposed high density development on the SE corner of CPB and MLK. I mean, there was a sign there saying that "high density" would go there for the past decade

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 10:13 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COtoOC View Post
I wonder if there is enough open space on the land to the north of the train station? They must might have to build the other two lanes on the CPB bridge lol!

I suppose it would do wonders for my property value in Stapleton. I find it odd that people are complaining about the proposed high density development on the SE corner of CPB and MLK. I mean, there was a sign there saying that "high density" would go there for the past decade
They'd have to mash some parcels together, but there is 100 acres still available north of Central Park Station and spanning across I-70. As for Stapleton residents bitching about obvious things, it's what they do best (I know I'm good at it).

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 10:14 PM
Mile High Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COtoOC View Post

The other 2 lanes on the CPB Bridge are starting construction mid-2018. Done deal. Not just a plan anymore.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
They'd have to mash some parcels together, but there is 100 acres still available north of Central Park Station and spanning across I-70. As for Stapleton residents bitching about obvious things, it's what they do best (I know I'm good at it).
As another Stapleton resident, I just laugh when people complain about increased traffic, development, or whatever else is the NIMBY flavor of the week. I just heard someone complaining that the Punch Bowl Stapleton on MLK/Central Park will lead to increased traffic in the neighborhood.

I just ask these people: why did you move to the City (city being the operative word) of Denver then? I feel like a lot of residents believe they live in their own municipality but want the conveniences of living in Denver. It doesn't work that way. Not only that, Forest City has had the master plan available for just about every square inch of Stapleton available since the early 2000s. Nobody moving here should be surprised by anything if they did any research.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West