HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 5:34 AM
Dartmouth Girl

I snapped these quick on the bus on the way to work yesterday, a crane has gone up on Baker Drive between Shannex and Baker Arms @ 144 Baker Drive.. for what I'm guessing is more apartments/possibly an extension of the Shannex.. (I'll dig into that in a moment) The tower portion went up...albeit very slowly yesterday.. and the counterweight and cab went up today... the boom will be up tomorrow.

*Edit: According the the ExploreHRM GIS mapping services website, that property is part of the Shannex property, and contains addresses 124 and 144 Baker.. grand....

A couple of quick metro-transit drive-by shots!

Last edited by Aya_Akai; Oct 4, 2013 at 5:58 AM.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2013, 5:36 AM
Dartmouth Girl

I shot a video going up Baker today just so you get a scope of the area they're working on.. it's a weird spot... and from a distance with the topography being as it is (particularly from down on Portland) this crane looks way more massive than it actually is lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ofYjxE5wM

Old Posted Oct 5, 2013, 12:14 PM
You talkin' to me?

^ I can easily see this crane from my place, and yeah it looks like its for a 10 story building lol. I'm guessing its probably going to be around 5 or 6 though.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 4:38 AM
Dartmouth Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
^ I can easily see this crane from my place, and yeah it looks like its for a 10 story building lol. I'm guessing its probably going to be around 5 or 6 though.
My guess is it'll be another 4 floor Russell Lake special..

I can't find any info on it anywhere...

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 11:49 AM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

That clearing is either for one massive building or hopefully there are a number of them going in there.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 12:15 PM
BUILD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliStreaks View Post
My guess is it'll be another 4 floor Russell Lake special..

I can't find any info on it anywhere...
If it ends up being one of those, I don't understand why the city would allow that. Baker Dr. should have massive towers to feed that bus line...

When people build super long, squat condos/apts, it pretty much dooms any transit corridor from ever being strong.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 4:19 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

How much of Russel Lake falls under the Shearwater flight paths? It would be nice to finally see something of significant height built.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2013, 12:57 PM

I am pretty sure this is an extension of Shannex's 'Parkland at the Lakes' Senior's Facility. There are 2 or 3 buildings in the works for that. I think the tallest is 5 floors.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 4:48 AM
Dartmouth Girl

Quite possibly the largest gas station I've ever seen going up on the corner of Baker and Mount Hope Ave..

Until I realized it's going to be an Irving/Tim Hortons Is this a common pairing? I don't think I've seen Irving's and Tims' co-habiting before. The company developing this parcel of land & the one next to it are HQ'd in Moncton, so I'm wondering if that's moreso a NB thing..?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Quite possibly the largest gas station I've ever seen going up on the corner of Baker and Mount Hope Ave..

Until I realized it's going to be an Irving/Tim Hortons Is this a common pairing? I don't think I've seen Irving's and Tims' co-habiting before. The company developing this parcel of land & the one next to it are HQ'd in Moncton, so I'm wondering if that's moreso a NB thing..?
There is a Tim's Irving duo outside of New Glasgow along the 104.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 1:02 PM
BUILD!

That building looks similar to the new Big Stop off exit 7 in Enfield. I'm unsure if Tim's is moving into that one though.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 3:16 AM

Quote:
I snapped these quick on the bus on the way to work yesterday, a crane has gone up on Baker Drive between Shannex and Baker Arms @ 144 Baker Drive.. for what I'm guessing is more apartments/possibly an extension of the Shannex.. (I'll dig into that in a moment) The tower portion went up...albeit very slowly yesterday.. and the counterweight and cab went up today... the boom will be up tomorrow.

*Edit: According the the ExploreHRM GIS mapping services website, that property is part of the Shannex property, and contains addresses 124 and 144 Baker.. grand....

A couple of quick metro-transit drive-by shots!

AllNovaScotia had an article on this tonight. It's a $4 million six-storey expansion to the existing Shannex Parkland at the Lakes.

Source : "Joe Shannon Taps into Dartmouth Seniors Boom" (November 7th, 2013) - AllNovaScotia.com

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 3:25 AM

Quote:

Cobalt Properties owns this land. There's two more retail spots approved for the property.

http://www.cobaltproperties.ca/files...sing_Ct_NS.pdf

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 2:54 AM

Shannex expansion & The Huntington respectively (photos by me. See link in my signature for more);

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 11:46 AM

Site work looks to be underway for the next building on Holtwood Court.

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 6:12 AM
Dartmouth Girl

A couple little updates from the world in and around Russell Lake! (As if that's real exciting.. )

There's a Dollarama currently under construction that will be attached to the side of Sobeys on Baker Drive- the side of the store closest to highway 111. Extensive site work is already underway with relocation of utilities and expansion of the parking lot etc. I'm hearing that they should be done by fall.

Harvest Wines has somehow acquired more floorspace away from Sobeys as well, they've got a new little alcove and now got their own separate outdoor entrance- hours could be changing (aka operating later) as a result.

There's a crane fully set up at the site for the second Woodbury building at 194 Basswood Run. (Pictures soon, I only noticed the crane kinda tucked down the side of the hill today leaving work!)

There's a crane base set up, with the rest of the pieces ready on site for the next building located at 80 Holtwood (between the Huntington and Highway 111), looking as though it'll be up probably early this coming week! Pics to come with that too, probably monday!

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Wow... they may as well have just used curtain wall.

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
Wow... they may as well have just used curtain wall.
Gulag

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 8:24 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Shannex expansion & The Huntington respectively (photos by me. See link in my signature for more);

Luckily it isn't in a very prominent location . But thanks for the effort in getting out there to take a picture.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 4:14 PM

The latest buildings on Basswood are nearing completion. The tower crane base has been formed for the last of 4 buildings on Holtwood.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs