HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 2:41 PM
high five!

2700 Commerce/Bomb Factory Office

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 3:54 PM
high five!

The Victor

City Lights

AMLI Fountain Place

Hall Arts

Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 6:49 PM

Since I had some spare time over my spring break I thought I'd spend some of it taking some photos of all the construction going on around my old stomping grounds. I've got to say the place has really changed in the two years since I've left.

Here's some condos going up on my street.

Further down the block Exxir Capital's buildings on Bishop are looking amazing.

The detailing done with the mosaic tile is beyond beautiful.

Ongoing construction behind Bishop Ave Building

This building on the corner of Melba and Bishop is supposed to be having a soft opening mid-May from what I overheard some people at the site saying.

Alamo Manhattan's building on Davis is similarly beautiful in the details.

Really digging the Texas flag on top.

Awesome tilework in the pedestrian walkway.

Great work with the streetcar station also

Novel Bishop Arts across the street

Novel's Pedestrian Esplenade.

Backside of Novel

Townhomes on the corner of Elsbeth and Neely

Other Construction on Zang Blvd

Old Mayor's House Renovation

Can't wait to see it all done next time I visit!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 2:32 PM
Meh

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...nt-supply.html
Quote:
Dallas leads the country with new apartment supply

By Claire Ballor – Staff Writer, Dallas Business Journal
Apr 2, 2019, 2:03pm CDT

Apartment construction throughout the country is at a three-decade high with more than 403,000 market-rate units slated to deliver in the next 18 months, and Dallas has more product on the way than any other U.S. city, according to a new report.

Data collected by Richardson-based RealPage Inc. (Nasdaq: RP) indicates that over 29,000 apartment units are set to deliver in Dallas with an additional 7,000 in the works in Fort Worth. More than 5,600 units were completed in Dallas-Fort Worth in the first quarter of 2019.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 3:36 PM
Metal Up Your !

AlpacaObsessor

The neighborhood looks warm and inviting. Glad to see brick being a design focus.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 4:46 PM

Hey guys! I just came back from my work trip to Dallas from Monday-Wednesday and I gotta say, you have a beautiful city. I mainly checked out the Reunion Tower, Deep Ellum both day and night time, and used a lime scooter/walked in downtown during my last 2 hours there before my flight.

Dallas has a lot to offer and every area that I checked out were very welcoming. I loved that there were plenty of parking space to check out your bridge and that there's a pedestrian bridge right next to it.

Deep Ellum is very "modern" if I had to give it a word. I loved that there's so many murals, the buildings were brick but still had nice bars in the first floor. It's a very trendy area and aimed for the younger crowd for sure.

Traffic didn't seem THAT bad. I've noticed that you guys have a lot of lanes on your freeways.

Legacy Shops at Plano were VERY pretty.

Downtown is pretty nice. Good amount of shops/restaurants. If I had more time, I would've tried more food! I went to Happiest Hour for a bit. Loved the vibes there a lot. I would definitely go back before a game, which is what happened yesterday but my flight was at 8pm :|

Honestly, I would love to come back to Dallas and see more of it. Probably check out a Rangers game next time I'm here.

I'll post some photos when I'm back home!

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Hey guys! I just came back from my work trip to Dallas from Monday-Wednesday and I gotta say, you have a beautiful city. I mainly checked out the Reunion Tower, Deep Ellum both day and night time, and used a lime scooter/walked in downtown during my last 2 hours there before my flight.

Dallas has a lot to offer and every area that I checked out were very welcoming. I loved that there were plenty of parking space to check out your bridge and that there's a pedestrian bridge right next to it.

Deep Ellum is very "modern" if I had to give it a word. I loved that there's so many murals, the buildings were brick but still had nice bars in the first floor. It's a very trendy area and aimed for the younger crowd for sure.

Traffic didn't seem THAT bad. I've noticed that you guys have a lot of lanes on your freeways.

Legacy Shops at Plano were VERY pretty.

Downtown is pretty nice. Good amount of shops/restaurants. If I had more time, I would've tried more food! I went to Happiest Hour for a bit. Loved the vibes there a lot. I would definitely go back before a game, which is what happened yesterday but my flight was at 8pm :|

Honestly, I would love to come back to Dallas and see more of it. Probably check out a Rangers game next time I'm here.

I'll post some photos when I'm back home!
Awesome, I'm glad you had a great time. I always enjoy hearing others' perspectives on the city and its progress, good or bad. Where is home for you?

I spend the majority of my time in California but will be moving fully back to Dallas in a few months, so peoples' positive experiences are particularly good to hear in that it helps to validate this decision.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
Awesome, I'm glad you had a great time. I always enjoy hearing others' perspectives on the city and its progress, good or bad. Where is home for you?

I spend the majority of my time in California but will be moving fully back to Dallas in a few months, so peoples' positive experiences are particularly good to hear in that it helps to validate this decision.
I'm from a small town north of San Jose, CA. Funny thing is, whenever I was in an uber ride in Dallas, no one knew where San Jose was so I had to tell them it's an hour south of San Francisco haha. Speaking of uber rides, everyone that picked me up were very nice and friendly. Hell, even the one who brought me to the Legacy Shops in Plano went out of his way to show me the whole place.

But yeah, I really like that you guys have a good amount of mid-rises along the freeway and onto other cities like Richardson and Plano. There's a good amount of cranes around the area, which is good as it shows Dallas is thriving, even outside of downtown!

I would definitely check out Fort Worth and Arlington the next time I head to Dallas. I actually wish I had a longer trip down there so I could explore more haha.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 4:52 AM

Newer renderings of proposed apartment tower in downtown Fort Worth, 901 Commerce,

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=229765

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaObsessor View Post
Since I had some spare time over my spring break I thought I'd spend some of it taking some photos of all the construction going on around my old stomping grounds. I've got to say the place has really changed in the two years since I've left.

Here's some condos going up on my street.

Further down the block Exxir Capital's buildings on Bishop are looking amazing.

The detailing done with the mosaic tile is beyond beautiful.

Ongoing construction behind Bishop Ave Building

This building on the corner of Melba and Bishop is supposed to be having a soft opening mid-May from what I overheard some people at the site saying.

Alamo Manhattan's building on Davis is similarly beautiful in the details.

Really digging the Texas flag on top.

Awesome tilework in the pedestrian walkway.

Great work with the streetcar station also

Novel Bishop Arts across the street

Novel's Pedestrian Esplenade.

Backside of Novel

Townhomes on the corner of Elsbeth and Neely

Other Construction on Zang Blvd

Old Mayor's House Renovation

Can't wait to see it all done next time I visit!
Wow, the development here is top notch in whatever neighborhood this is. I love the photo with the Flatiron building...it kinda looks like a pre-war urban neighborhood. This is how cities should be building neighborhoods.

I mean, I rarely comment on cities other than Atlanta, but the development looks so nice I had to give a compliment.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 7:08 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Wow, the development here is top notch in whatever neighborhood this is. I love the photo with the Flatiron building...it kinda looks like a pre-war urban neighborhood. This is how cities should be building neighborhoods.

I mean, I rarely comment on cities other than Atlanta, but the development looks so nice I had to give a compliment.
This would be the Bishop Arts District located in Oak Cliff neighborhood in Dallas and I agree this area has gained some impressive development that has even shocked many local residents not previously familiar with the area. Interestingly enough there has been a mixed response to this new development due to the gentrification of the area however I for one definitely in favor due to the sheer quality of the new development.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 7:19 PM
Meh

Fort Worth

http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/new...251fd1fb5.html
Quote:
Council Report: Planned Texas Health Harris tower could be 14 stories tall

by Rick Mauch FWBP Contributor Apr 3, 2019 Updated Apr 3, 2019

The largest construction project in Texas Health Systems just got bigger - or at least it could get bigger in the future.

At its Tuesday meeting the Fort Worth City Council approved a zoning change for the new Texas Health Systems Hospital Tower at the northwest corner of Terrell Avenue and Henderson Avenue. The change allows the building to now be 14 stories tall.

Texas Health Systems is constructing a 10-story tower, and the zoning change gives them permission to add four more stories in the future, should the need arise.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 7:55 PM
high five!

Flora & Olive Tower

w/ AMLI Fountain Place in background

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 4:27 PM

Thanks for posting! It's exciting to see all these Downtown towers rise but I'm particularly excited about Flora and Olive.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 1:12 AM

My shots from April 1-3 when I was down in Dallas!

I made a video too if you guys are interested in my YouTube channel (check my signature). Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 7:16 PM

Great pictures - thank you for sharing!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 11:01 PM

^^ You guys have a beautiful city. I'm thinking of moving there or Austin in the future haha

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 7:26 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
^^ You guys have a beautiful city. I'm thinking of moving there or Austin in the future haha
Cool pics and video! It's only been a few years since I have been to Dallas but wow has Plano grown in that time, it's really noticeable in your video.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 4:04 PM
high five!

AMLI Fountain Place from yesterday

City Lights from last week

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 6:44 PM
クラブトクヨ

Fantastic updates! Looking good Big D!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations