HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 12:29 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

It's pretty obvious that Dieppe Blvd / Harrisville Blvd is going to be the next Trinity Drive in a few years.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 11:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It was in the T&T today there are 4-5 construction projects in the works this year for Aviation Avenue at the GMIA. They didn't elaborate. Does anyone have any ideas what these new constructions projects might be???

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 12:36 PM

One rumor I heard is that the new Audi dealership would be build there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
It was in the T&T today there are 4-5 construction projects in the works this year for Aviation Avenue at the GMIA. They didn't elaborate. Does anyone have any ideas what these new constructions projects might be???

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
One rumor I heard is that the new Audi dealership would be build there.
Yes I heard it from the dealership themselves last fall. They were trying to get things started before winter but I guess ran into delays. From what I understood, they will be on the east side of the airport offramps facing Veterans highway, directly across from the terminal. If that's the case, that's a great location.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 12:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yes, I was aware that Lounsbury's Group had purchased Dieppe Auto and had planned to build a new Audi dealership out by the airport, so that it would be close to their BMW/Mini franchise.

I imagine that you guys are correct and that this will be one of the 4-5 projects slated for construction on Aviation Blvd this year. I agree with NBNYer, if they build on the east side of the Route 15 off ramp, this will give them perfect visibility from the highway (even better than their BMW/Mini dealership). This would be an ideal location for them…...

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Just heard through the grape vine that someone has purchased several lots behind the Deluxe on Paul St, including Coast Tire.

I just heard Swiss Chalet will be moving from their current Dieppe location to this new development.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I just heard Swiss Chalet will be moving from their current Dieppe location to this new development.
So I guess that means it will likely be a strip mall.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 7:12 PM

I guess someone should tell Terry at Coast!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 7:41 PM

The plaza where Swiss chalet is currently in should be bought by the mall and torn down and replaced with something more attractive.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
The plaza where Swiss chalet is currently in should be bought by the mall and torn down and replaced with something more attractive.
Agreed, they should be bought by Champlain Mall (if they aren't already) and the parking lot be merged with champlain Malls and get rid of that horrible entrance they currently have. That was an incredibly bad design in my opinion to begin with. Dangerous and inconvenient intersection.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
Agreed, they should be bought by Champlain Mall (if they aren't already) and the parking lot be merged with champlain Malls and get rid of that horrible entrance they currently have. That was an incredibly bad design in my opinion to begin with. Dangerous and inconvenient intersection.
They are owned by CREIT. Now that Rogers Video is also closed, that plaza is done for. Maybe Rossanos could move into Champlain Plaza phase II.

I agree tho, it's dangerous, but also very unattractive.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 8:07 PM

^^^ With the volume of traffic that stretch of Champlain street sees during rush hour, the number of access points really should be limited to intersections with traffic lights. Access to that plaza should be through the mall entrance; much safer.

Wasn't there a plan floating around to widen Champlain at some point? 6 through lanes with a centre median from Route 15 to Paul street isn't overkill, I think. I might just add another traffic light to access the new Champlain plaza and the mall.

The eastbound far right lane could veer off on to Virginia and to the long-planned connector to Acadie Ave.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Yes, I was aware that Lounsbury's Group had purchased Dieppe Auto and had planned to build a new Audi dealership out by the airport, so that it would be close to their BMW/Mini franchise.

I imagine that you guys are correct and that this will be one of the 4-5 projects slated for construction on Aviation Blvd this year. I agree with NBNYer, if they build on the east side of the Route 15 off ramp, this will give them perfect visibility from the highway (even better than their BMW/Mini dealership). This would be an ideal location for them…...
Heard a rumor that the Mercedes dealer may also be moving to Dieppe from Saint John. Supposedly they are owned by Lounsbury's Group as well.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
Heard a rumor that the Mercedes dealer may also be moving to Dieppe from Saint John. Supposedly they are owned by Lounsbury's Group as well.
That was talked about on this forum in the past. Someone here said that Tristar mercedes might open up a satellite dealership in the Moncton area but nothing came of it. Do you have new information?

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 7:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, a little bird did tell me just the other week that there were two new auto dealerships in the works for Aviation Avenue, and not one. This is unsubstantiated so I didn't previously post this information.

Yes, there was the possibility of Tri-Star opening a satellite dealership here in Moncton, but I have heard nothing new on this recently. Also, it is interesting to note that Steele Auto Group from Halifax currently has a display space at Champlain Place. They specialize in high end autos as well (Land Rover, Jaguar, Porsche etc). Perhaps there is something going on here......

BTW, the other two projects in the works for Aviation Avenue are apparently warehousing facilities (perhaps to support the burgeoning air freight business ).

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 7:47 PM

Interesting, the Dieppe Industrial park might become the high-end auto dealership district.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 8:04 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Interesting, the Dieppe Industrial park might become the high-end auto dealership district.
Yes exactly...glad to hear the home base of my Mazda 3 could be buddied up with the likes of BMW and Audi...rollin with the big boys now!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 8:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure that one of the dealerships will be Audi, but the other one could be Honest Al's Used Cars and Body Shop for all I know……

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 2:55 PM

Quote:
That was talked about on this forum in the past. Someone here said that Tristar mercedes might open up a satellite dealership in the Moncton area but nothing came of it. Do you have new information?
Buddy of mine was at Dieppe Auto having his Audi serviced and an employee mentioned it I guess.

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 3:04 AM

There is now a construction office trailer on site by the old Kent store on Champlain St

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces