HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Nov 2, 2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Clayton Developments is seeking a Stage II Development Agreement for its lands on the west side of Washmill Lake Drive adjacent to Highway 102. The plans (available below) include a 12-storey residential tower and two commercial buildings.

Case 19108
This project was approved in August and site prep is now underway. There is no construction permit yet however we do know the address (temp name) will be 303 Washmill Lake Drive.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 2:39 AM
Dartmouth Girl

I'm not sure how many of you get out the Main St/Forest Hills way, but in the last couple of weeks the old warehouse style shopping plaza at 613 #7 hwy was demolished. This was the building that contained Beazley's Bowling, and a number of other small business. I remember that place used to have quite the arcade back in the day, laser tag course, games, huge RC car track.. I spent a lot of time there between the arcade and the bowling alley!

I'm not entirely sure as to the plans for the site, as I can't find anything on it, and the couple times I've swung by there were no workers on site to ask. I know there was that proposal not long ago for the next large lot over (the one with no civic number on the map) for those couple of condo buildings and some townhouses..

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 11:16 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

For awhile there was a sign on site that said something about a new Beazleys but I haven't noticed it lately. I live nearby so I'll be able to keep an eye out.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2015, 3:26 PM

HEMDCC will be voting on a discharge agreement for the Beazley Bowling Lanes building on Main Street. The rear of the property is proposed as a future residential community. No word on the future use for the front portion.

Beazley's Lands Discharge Agreement Staff Report

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 11:01 PM

I am always struck by how this building jumps out at you when you are driving along Caldwell Rd in Dartmouth. An endless stream of 1970s/80s bungalows and duplexes, then *POW* General Dynamics!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 10:41 PM

It's a great looking building in such an out of the way location.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 12:37 AM

Minor stuff going on, Main St., Dartmouth.

A new Garden View restaurant will rise on Main Street in Dartmouth....

“We are announcing the construction of a six storey apartment building on the site of the Garden View". ...

http://dartmouthtribune.ca/2015/09/1...taurant-owner/

Old Posted Feb 20, 2016, 4:37 PM

Apparently the Westphal/Cherry Brook are will be getting a new 120'000sq ft indoor recreational facility at the corner of Main/Ross/Lake Major. The renderings leave a lot to be desired but a facility like this is quite the upgrade for the communities.

Case 20350 Details

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser111 View Post
A new Garden View restaurant will rise on Main Street in Dartmouth....

“We are announcing the construction of a six storey apartment building on the site of the Garden View". ...

http://dartmouthtribune.ca/2015/09/1...taurant-owner/
Oh man...I miss a good meat egg roll. We have some good spring rolls here in MTL, some with a little bit of pork but nothing like the meat egg rolls I grew up with in NS

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Apparently the Westphal/Cherry Brook are will be getting a new 120'000sq ft indoor recreational facility at the corner of Main/Ross/Lake Major. The renderings leave a lot to be desired but a facility like this is quite the upgrade for the communities.

Case 20350 Details
Funding from ........no worries, it's 'world class' according to the proponent.
Cllr Walker had a really good whine on Tuesday when he opposed HRM spending $500,000 for a larger gym at the new Peninsula South P-9 school. Wanted to know 'where's the money coming from ?' and used the hoary old argument about schools being the responsibility of the province.
Maybe his district has nothing 'world class' unlike the world class BIO in Dartmouth and the world class canoe course in Dartmouth.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin May View Post
Funding from ........no worries, it's 'world class' according to the proponent.
Cllr Walker had a really good whine on Tuesday when he opposed HRM spending $500,000 for a larger gym at the new Peninsula South P-9 school. Wanted to know 'where's the money coming from ?' and used the hoary old argument about schools being the responsibility of the province.
Maybe his district has nothing 'world class' unlike the world class BIO in Dartmouth and the world class canoe course in Dartmouth.

Apparently the canoe course is only world class if there are no buildings taller than 4 floors anywhere within a km of the site. Taller buildings will evidently cause the world class canoes to sink into the weed-filled bottom of the world-class lake.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 4:04 AM

New sports related(hockey mostly, others +/-) private school in Burnside adjacent the new 4-pad arena?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...siness_insider

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 2:45 AM
You talkin' to me?

The owners of a large parcel of land near Waverley rd in Dartmouth are presenting plans to develop 222 hectares into a community of 2700 single family homes and multi unit dwellings:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ment-1.3833717

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 5:44 PM
Somewhat Pretentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
The owners of a large parcel of land near Waverley rd in Dartmouth are presenting plans to develop 222 hectares into a community of 2700 single family homes and multi unit dwellings:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ment-1.3833717
Seems almost counter-intuitive considering that fact that the city is trying to increase population density on the peninsula. On top of that, there are large developments in bedford and clayton park such as Rockingham South, Seton Ridge and Grand Haven Estates that are nowhere near being completed. For example, Grand Haven Estates has only built one of their four towers. However, this would be good for those working in burnside.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 12:38 AM
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Baklava View Post
Seems almost counter-intuitive considering that fact that the city is trying to increase population density on the peninsula. On top of that, there are large developments in bedford and clayton park such as Rockingham South, Seton Ridge and Grand Haven Estates that are nowhere near being completed. For example, Grand Haven Estates has only built one of their four towers. However, this would be good for those working in burnside.
I believe the city can have suburban developments of this scale and still increase density on the penninsula successfully. This development is aiming to house approximately 7500 people, however the city is targeting a growth rate of 10,000 per year. I'm sure this will be built in phases so it should only absorb a small percentage of the city's annual growth. And as far as there already being several unfinished developments, you have it right. this neighborhood would probably serve a different market than most of the others, specifically to those who work in Dartmouth.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 2:11 PM

Main St and Caledonia in Dartmouth?

Does anyone know what is being built where the Ford dealer used to be on the corner of Main and Caledonia? It has been fenced off for quite some time and now they are digging a large foundation hole?

Thanks

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
Does anyone know what is being built where the Ford dealer used to be on the corner of Main and Caledonia? It has been fenced off for quite some time and now they are digging a large foundation hole?

Thanks

I think they are still remediating the contaminated soil, which I gather was quite extensive. They were digging the hole and running the dirt through some sort of machine to presumably clean it. I believe Ford Canada is still the owner.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 7:47 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
(from Nov 2, 2014) This project was approved in August and site prep is now underway. There is no construction permit yet however we do know the address (temp name) will be 303 Washmill Lake Drive.
This development (303 Washmill Lake Drive) didn't get much notice on here since it is out in the suburbs, but this is a massive building (193 units of 2 bedrooms equivalent, according to the development agreement). There is a lot of construction proceeding along Washmill Lake Drive since the underpass was completed.

I hope that you won't mind me posting your tumblr image, Dmajackdson. Hopefully they will do a tasteful job on the exterior finishes and landscaping.

(source: http://urbanhalifax.tumblr.com/)

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 8:24 PM

Good thing HRM Council is doing such a good job keeping people on the peninsula that they can afford not to fix roads or transit and jack up the parking fines downtown.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 9:02 PM
Halifax Promoter!

Is there a thread for this building?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs