HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AWACS View Post
Well unlike my initial thread response I did not quote you or reference you in my post. You however did quote me in your response so I don't know.

Share with us who it was directed at in this post then. Other than the fact you already appoligised for making the off colour remark directed at me. Which I said was fine (seeing as how I resigned my commision to become a lobbyist in may itjust made me laugh anyway).

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,
Capt-AWACS, Honk if you love Capt-AWACS
Just teasing you.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 4:57 PM
I'm Back!

These were just cities off the top of my head and Nashville is a Focus City for Southwest. With close to 90 daily departures, it is the smallest of the focus cities, but it's higher than just a typical station.

If I left a few off then so what. That isn't what this thread is about in the first place. Sorry for sounding brash there. Many of the flights out of the southeast connect through Nashville to other places. For example, Birmingham folks have to connect through here to get to Kansas City. Now, WN hasn't grown Nashville like the others, but hopefully that will change soon. They certainly aren't hurting for gate space here.

Matter of fact, it is the city right below San Diego on that list (that is, if that list continued on beyond San Diego).

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 4:58 PM
I'm one fathom tall

Location: Sicilia (Sicily) 6 months a year/ Texas 6 months a year
fair enough. Veryyy niceee as Borat would say.

As for the airplanes I don't think anyone has to worry about SNA as urbanflyer noted the approach plates are not going to change anytime soon. Things will only get better in terms of engine noise. by 2010 I think the E-3 will be the only large jet not compliant.

Capt-AWACS, Veni, Vidi, Bibi

Io sempre voglio la fica della mia mogile.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 5:04 PM
I'm one fathom tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
These were just cities off the top of my head and Nashville is a Focus City for Southwest. With close to 90 daily departures, it is the smallest of the focuse cities, but it higher than just a typical station.

if I left a few off then so what. That isn't what this thread is about in the first place.
Do you have access to WNs load factors?

I just though your list was misrepresented I wasn't trying to sound harsh either.

One can argue Midland/Odessa is focus for Southwest by that logic. And Albuequerque has more transfers than Nashville. San Diego will only fall with no new airport/runway. I agree Nashville will rise.

Capt-AWACS, Not all pilots are alcoholics, we don't go to meetgins

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 5:21 PM
Trendy.

As for my flight last night (1107) from BNA to BHM, all 137 seats were booked. lol

120 got off in the Ham and then it went on to TPA full.

DallasTexan-Boomer-DhallassTecksanne-Disceaux Fantasia-Sulley-Optimus Prime-Gloria Estefan

...and others I've surely forgotten...

Last edited by Sulley; Jan 1, 2007 at 5:28 PM.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 5:22 PM
I'm Back!

I don't have access to the loads, but a WN employee who was formerly the station manager here told me that as of the end of the summer, WN had very high load factors for all their focus cities with Nashville near the top through the summer months as far as %'s are concerned. Las Vegas and Chicago are the clear leaders in that area, but to even be close to the top is a good thing here. Believe it or not, BNA has a nice O&D to pull from.

They have 10 gates here with options on leasing more if the need arises. They are capable of running close to 150 daily departures from those gates. Of those cities that are listed above, Nashville is the easily the smallest out of all of them, so departure wise we are still high for a market our size. Compare us to Louisville or to Birmingham and you see what I mean.

Southwest carries over 50% of the PAX at BNA. With almost 10 million passengers last year here total you do the math, LOL!

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 5:28 PM
I'm one fathom tall

Yes I would agree they will increase at Nashville and have the capacity for growth without adding more gates. Houston will see a rise when Hobby's reconsrtuction is finished and DAL will also with further wright amend. reductions over the next few years.

Still not a big Southwest fan but I normally go for the Texas Three in order of Continental, American then Southwest. Due to the nature of my commercial flying I can find Tickets on CO or AA that match WNs fares and allow me to keep miles and get upgrades I could notget on Southwest though when I have flown them WN has gotten me from point A to B without incident.

Capt-AWACS, Who needs a hug

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 5:41 PM
I'm Back!

I think you'll see a BNA-DAL flight starting up fairly soon. AA needs the competition on that route from here. LOL!! BNA already has same-plane service to there via Houston.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation