HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Honestly. Who the HAIL made that decision and why do they still have a job. That garage is a joke.
They did something similar with the building constructed for penn medicine at 800 walnut. Obviously it's cheaper and faster to build on top of the existing structure than to demo the garage and then excavate for foundations of new tower.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 1:54 PM

I would just like to see them clad or spruce up the garage to integrate it with the tower.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
I would just like to see them clad or spruce up the garage to integrate it with the tower.
That would be tolerable. And wouldn't be that THAT expensive. Much cheaper than demo and rebuild with a few foundation. Not sure how disturbing it would be to existing tenants.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

Slightly off topic, but let's all complain to the people who own One and Two Liberty about the lighting. It is embarassingly dim. Seems to be getting worse.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Slightly off topic, but let's all complain to the people who own One and Two Liberty about the lighting. It is embarassingly dim. Seems to be getting worse.
Gladly. Do you have any way of contacting them?

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 3:46 PM
Philly Pholly

Do you think they changed the lighting because they added residential on top? The lighting they have on there now looks like my local liquor store.

Strip Lighting

Last edited by SEFTA; Sep 15, 2019 at 3:57 PM.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Haven't looked up who they are yet. But when I don't already know someone at the owner or developer, I usually just look up the executive team and email them. More often than not they actually respond. I'll check it out and post here.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Do you think they changed the lighting because they added residential on top? The lighting they have on there now looks like my local liquor store.
Lol. Could be. But One Riverside is completely residential, and its lighting blows One and Two Liberty out of the water.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 8:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
It's not some secret international code. Go to their website, click on contact. Their property manager's name and number are right there.

https://onelibertyplace.com/

https://2libertyplace.com/

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 1:19 PM

I happened to come across this while browsing Facebook a few minutes ago. This could be huge!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 2:09 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
I'm assuming they're only going to redevelop a few of these structures. I looked at street view, and it looks like the Broad St. Trust (a neo-classical building) and a church are on this block. Between the church and PFP's offices, it looks like there are some either new or recently renovated buildings. I'd like to see more details of what PFP plans to do with this block.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 3:11 PM

fwiw People for People is the community outreach arm of the Greater Exodus Baptist Church. Looking around on Atlas it appears that the properties are owned by a combination of the two entities, as well as some other third parties (Bethesda Project, some single use LLCs).

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
fwiw People for People is the community outreach arm of the Greater Exodus Baptist Church. Looking around on Atlas it appears that the properties are owned by a combination of the two entities, as well as some other third parties (Bethesda Project, some single use LLCs).
I just really hope that gorgeous Neoclassical bank doesn't get destroyed.

Also, seeing how close that crappy "suburban style" development is to the Met and the Divine Lorraine makes me want to nuke it. The sooner that development goes the better.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
I'm assuming they're only going to redevelop a few of these structures. I looked at street view, and it looks like the Broad St. Trust (a neo-classical building) and a church are on this block. Between the church and PFP's offices, it looks like there are some either new or recently renovated buildings. I'd like to see more details of what PFP plans to do with this block.
Honestly, I'm mostly interested in the surface parking lot along the 1400 block of Ridge. With the way that Ridge Avenue has completely transformed itself, that lot needs to be taken out. The 700 block of N. Broad is actually very much in-tact, and I hope it ends up staying that way. Between Fairmount and Girard, I would love to see every lot along the east side of Broad receive something taller and more dense than each lot's current situation. The NE, NW, and SW corners of Broad and Girard are also terrible examples of land use, and should be redeveloped as soon as possible.

Also, I hope the vacant lot--676 N. Broad, I believe--next to the Fairmount BSL receives something tall at some point in the near future!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 7:44 PM

People for People is the absolute worst entity for collaboration. Ever wonder why the Project Home JBJ Soul homes don't have commercial fronting Fairmount, and why nothing ever fill-in the vacancies on Ridge avenue? You can thank Poople for Poople for that (I can elaborate if necessary). Unfortunately, nothing you can do about it since they own the property.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 11:40 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsule F View Post
People for People is the absolute worst entity for collaboration. Ever wonder why the Project Home JBJ Soul homes don't have commercial fronting Fairmount, and why nothing ever fill-in the vacancies on Ridge avenue? You can thank Poople for Poople for that (I can elaborate if necessary). Unfortunately, nothing you can do about it since they own the property.
I hadn't heard of them before honestly.

http://peopleforpeople.org/about-3/our-history/

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 11:44 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Interesting article related to Philadelphia building lighting.

https://www.inquirer.com/business/ph...-20190916.html

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 1:08 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Re: People for People offering

This offering is surely mysterious-- the only pieces of land they currently don't use are their small lots on the 1500 block of Ridge. Their big parking lot on the north side of Brown St is used for parking, playground, and school bus loading for the charter school. Their big old bus garage on Parrish is used to store their school buses. The church uses the big parking lot on the south side of Brown, though it is empty most of the time. Unless they are planning to move the charter school to another site (which is possible because they have been applying for charters for expansions of the school), I can't tell what they really want to do here. Even if they moved the charter school I doubt they would move their offices and event space in the same building. If they are offering up the bank building for development, they're going to have a hard time since it's on a goofy-shaped lot. This offering may be a reaction to all the solicitations they're getting from developers for their empty lots and the bus garage. I know several years ago they were selling their school buses and intended to use busing companies instead, but I think that was when they intended to convert the bus garage to a community center.

Full disclosure: I worked for the PFP charter school over a decade ago-- back then they wanted to building a parking garage with retail on what ended up being the JBJ Soul Homes site. They said they were talking to Starbucks and Chik-Fil-A back then to be ground floor tenants but I don't know how far they got.

They have some big names associated with them-- the pastor of the church has a lot of political/business connections (including developers and construction companies) plus he was an eagles player in the 70s. This makes me more suspicious of why they are bothering to offer this out publicly since they easily could have partnered with the developers and contractors they've been associated with for decades.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 9:05 PM

Seeing some pics from the rooftop infinity pool at the newly renovated - Atlantic Building - pretty incredible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B06NHdZj-tk/

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 9:36 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^^^
Jawn...you have the eye to always pick great photos!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations