HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransitZilla View Post
There will be frequent service available at Fallowfield, just like there will be frequent service (and Line 2) available at South Keys & Greenboro for those connecting from Blossom Park. Needing to make a connection does not automatically make transit lousy.
You missed my point. There is a disparity of service between the east side and west side of Barrhaven. Whereas, the east side gets direct service into the city whether by frequent service routes or connexion routes, the west side is forced to transfer at Fallowfield and again a second time further towards the city.

Two transfer service is a big deterrent for transit use. I am very conscious of the hours when two transfers are currently required in my neighbourhood, and I avoid those hours. Two transfers are too difficult to plan for and too unreliable. The future requires two transfers in all hours, so I will avoid transit most of the time going forward.

It is as simple as this. Provide too unpredictable service, then only those who have no other choice will use transit.

You also present the inbound concept of low frequency to high frequency, forgetting that each such trip requires the reverse trip outbound when you go from higher frequency to low frequency and potential long wait times, often where no one really wants to wait.

Last edited by lrt's friend; Mar 27, 2024 at 9:30 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation