HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post
Also, there was this little blurb about upcoming projects!!! Not necessarily new projects but at least its an update on existing plans and shows that there are agencies pursuing them.

"WHAT’S AHEAD – Among the big projects on the horizon at CCDC are the following:
downtown multi-use stadium planning; new mixed-use and parking plans in the Westside
URD; agency involvement in circulator studies; support of 8th Street corridor vision and new
main Library; and an exploration of many downtown alleyways and the potential for
innovative redesign and improved usage.
"
Interesting. I knew that a new stadium was being worked on, but if it is to the point where CCDC is working on it and deciding how much urban renewal money to use it means we should be expecting a proposal sooner rather than later. Also, I wasn't positive if the stadium was just for baseball or going to be a soccer/baseball stadium. It looks like the latter. And most importantly.... it says DOWNTOWN multi-use stadium. That is exciting stuff. Good find TVurban.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Some new landscape renderings of the Gardner Parcel B project, courtesy of CCDC July board packet.

These renderings look like an LDS temple complex that should be in Utah, gross.

Is Gardner LDS and from Utah??

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakor21 View Post

I'm not aware of Gardner's religious views, but I'm not seeing how that looks like an LDS temple complex from Utah. Besides the fact that I think the space is not being utilized for its true potential... I can't say this reminds me of an LDS temple. Does it look suburban? Sure. Is that parking garage a total waste of space? I think so. And don't even get me started on that retail building. But an LDS temple? Not seeing it. Although Gardner did get similar complaints with 8th and Main (which I also don't think looks anything like an LDS temple) so maybe I'm out of touch with what an LDS temple complex looks like.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Sunday crane spotting

You are welcome Visualize and kidboise.
I always enjoy checking out the Boise thread and seeing a new beautiful Sawtooth photo.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 7:37 PM

Quote:

Keep in mind these renderings are from the landscape architect and are to highlight the areas in between the buildings. They typically will gray/white out buildings within their renderings to do this.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 9:59 PM

http://idahobusinessreview.com/files...garage-web.jpg

CCDC ponies up nearly $10 million for Parcel B parking and public amenities

Quote:
The Capital City Development Corp. will invest $9.689 million in the Gardner Company’s estimated $54 million Parcel B project. The project includes a five-story office building and four-level parking garage on empty lots just beyond the ramps for The Connector. The CCDC's eight-member board of commissioners on July 18 committed $5.4 million to buy 250 spaces...

Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 4:39 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The Boise Depot
Tonight before sunset.
And the smoke from the fire by Hilltop Station.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 6:37 AM
Always running Late

Quote:
Some new landscape renderings of the Gardner Parcel B project, courtesy of CCDC July board packet.

the landscaping looks good, even love the public art.. but for such an iconic spot in downtown it is such a disappointment... 4 story parking garage a 5 story office building and a single story retail all covering the entire super block?? what a waste... I'd rather see them use one corner of the super block for something significant, and hold off on the rest if market conditions aren't favorable enough rather than build this hodge-podged suburban blandness that really would serve better out off eagle road.. don't get me wrong it's not horrible, it just doesn't belong there, and is a total waste of potential...if they're ponying up money.... I hope the city gets a bit forceful and critical..and tells them to come up with something with a better long term urban footprint for that space...

Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 6:40 PM

Stop the Freight Train

Come on Gardener... You guys have done some amazing projects that have absolutely enhanced downtown Boise and have helped make it a destination with a great vibe. The Parcel B projects are not up to your standards and do not belong downtown.

Mr. Mayor, City Council, P&Z, CCDC, BVAD PLEASE don't continue this madness and allow this suburban design to be the gateway to downtown. Re-zone, step back, do whatever needs to be done to engender a better development on parcel B.

JUMP and Simplot World Headquarters is an example of how all of these players can hit the pause button and require a developer to be creative in meeting better design standards. Yes it takes more time but we will reap the benefit of those decisions for generations to come. We owe all of these players a lot of credit for making downtown what it is today.

I get it, it is about economics and any project needs to pencil out financially. Therefore, grant an extension on the development deadline, return the property to BVAD, etc. Do something to stop this sub-par development rather than coming up with every obstacle as to why it must proceed. Boise Guy nailed it in his assessment that this belongs on Eagle Road.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 10:47 PM
Closed account

Video of Downtown

Shot from Zee's patio on 9th floor of CW Moore building this morning. 7-20-2016

https://youtu.be/u2HeMDbL0vo

With most of us that love Boise a little video from a realty firm to get our minds off Gardner's poor design for Parcel B.
Enjoy Frank and a HD view of downtown by John & Victoria West
https://youtu.be/nz0Kerx6WtE

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Jul 21, 2016 at 12:02 AM.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 11:05 PM
Closed account

Gardner Company

Design Review has Gardner's parking garage on it's August 10 meeting at 5 pm.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 3:24 PM

http://kboi2.com/news/local/ramapong...en-all-over-it

RamaPong: New 'Ramen ping-pong restaurant' has college-like theme
By Kayla Cash |Wednesday, July 20th 2016

Quote:
The Boise Fry Co. is opening a new restaurant with three elements that really resonates with anyone who has ever stepped foot into a college party: Ramen (noodles), ping pong and booze.

RamaPong is a place where people can enjoy "amazing Ramen while honing their ping pong skills" in downtown Boise.

"The Idea just came to us," said Brad Walker, CEO of Boise Fry Co. "We have a giant space under our Boise Fry Co. headquarters and weren't using it besides for storage and forcing our bookkeeper to work down there. During a meeting about what to do with the space, a manager kept pitching Ramen (noodles). He was dismissed initially, but the managers tossed around some more ideas. After some time our owner, Blake Lingle, jokingly said we could just do ping pong. Immediately we knew we were on to something and combined the two ideas of Ramen and ping pong. Thus, RamaPong was born."

RamaPong will be opening this September at 204 N. Capitol Boulevard in the Adelmann Building.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2016, 12:44 AM

Ha! Well I think it's fair to say our feelings are unanimous on this board with the Gardner Parcel B plans.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2016, 7:24 PM

Agendas for August have been posted. Lots of infill units up for review as well as large apartment complexes.
The Affordable housing on Whitewater is up for review this August.
I've attached the link to the floor plans and elevations.

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...00019&type=doc

Nothing overly exciting about it. Just a standard suburban styled apartment complex.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2016, 12:15 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; Jul 23, 2016 at 1:03 AM.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2016, 8:26 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:

It does look extremely sterile and bland in this particular rendering. Hopefully the final product has some color and looks welcoming.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2016, 8:29 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Last edited by Sawtooth; Jul 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2016, 1:59 PM

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/pla...nt?oid=3854848

Plans Emerging for Proposed Affordable Housing Apartments in Whitewater Neighborhood

http://media2.fdncms.com/boiseweekly...le_housing.jpg

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 4:56 PM

New signage for the Grove Hotel and Centurylink Arena. Sorry for the quality, its what was posted to the PDS online.
Overall, I like the look of it, though the size of the new signage on the upper part of the grove seems a little oversized...

Old Posted Jul 28, 2016, 2:00 PM

Quote:
New signage for the Grove Hotel and Centurylink Arena. Sorry for the quality, its what was posted to the PDS online.
Overall, I like the look of it, though the size of the new signage on the upper part of the grove seems a little oversized...
I like the signage too. At least the signs are to be attached to the building and not stand alone rising like an eyesore billboard sign. Most of us are probably aware there is a city ordinance against certain signage on Capitol Boulevard. I've already seen a few sensationalistic **COMMENTS** online about the proposed new signs on The Grove since it is of course along Capitol Boulevard...oh the horror. Some people need to relax because...the signs are attached to the building.

http://pds.cityofboise.org/media/104...ge_handout.pdf

http://pds.cityofboise.org/media/242...on_program.pdf

On a side note, I do think the billboard at 9th and Front (JUMP/Simplot) is an eyesore and hopefully that comes down when the construction is completed.

Last edited by Cottonwood; Jul 29, 2016 at 5:24 PM. Reason: clarification

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West