HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 8:41 AM

Boise looks like a great mid-sized city, kinda like a Madison only instead of lake it has a river and mountains. I know downtown hasn't always been so popular, when and how did Boise get all those people back downtown? Restaurants? Shops? Entertainment?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
I don't know what made me click on this thread but I have to say it was a nice surprise. One thing I don't like is I don't see any diversity here I don't know how comfortable I would feel visiting such a city.
Well thanks for checking the pictures out. While Boise isn't very diverse when it comes to African Americans, we do have a large Latino population, as well as an Asian population (not in any way comprabale to LA however). We also have the single largest Basque population in the United States, along with a fairly active gay/lesbian community, as you may have seen in some of the pics.

Unless the lack of diversity itself would make you uncomfortable, you would have a great time in Boise, and if you ever do visit, give me a PM and I'll show you around.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
Boise looks like a great mid-sized city, kinda like a Madison only instead of lake it has a river and mountains. I know downtown hasn't always been so popular, when and how did Boise get all those people back downtown? Restaurants? Shops? Entertainment?
All three and then some, we have a river that runs right through downtown with parks on either side that are great for getting some sun. We have miles and miles of biking/walking paths called the green belt that follow the river and run through the parks. As you can see from the pictures we have a lot of first level retail and plenty of outdoor dining to match our great weather. There is lots of entertainment downtown, with Quest Stadium and hockey games, to concerts to the Boise Philharmonic.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 5:41 PM
Time/Space

Cool. I don't get to see alot of the Boise street scenes that much.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 7:35 PM

Nice pictures..

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 11:24 PM
Gatinois et fier

i like this phot for some reasons.

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 485 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jard View Post
and if you ever do visit, give me a PM and I'll show you around.
Thanks I'll be sure to make contact with you for a tour if I ever visit such a beautiful city.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 9:08 AM

boise looks nice and from the look of things on craigslist, housing prices aren't retarded either, like they are in california, portland, or seattle. amazing, perhaps i can live on the west coast, in a city, and afford a home.....

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 5:33 AM

Very nice pictures, I thought the ones with those two Toyota trucks were interesting. Toyota has clearly expressed interest in trying to get some of Middle Americas devoted American truck drivers to switch alliegence to a Japanese pickup. Interesting tactic by showing off their trucks in busy public plazas in middle American Cities. Just found it surprising/interesting to notice that in this thread. Two overlapping interests of mine. =D

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 5:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatt View Post
i like this phot for some reasons.
im pretty sure its the side boob (the incredibly large side boob)

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 3:41 PM

Nice shots, and I would like to see the skyline once the new tallest is built. One thing i noticed, there's a lot of hot white girls in the pictures. Is that cause of Boise St or something? In that respect, it does remind me of Madison a little. Seems like such a happy place. Not too diverse, but as long as people have open minds, I would visit.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Roboto View Post
Nice shots, and I would like to see the skyline once the new tallest is built. One thing i noticed, there's a lot of hot white girls in the pictures. Is that cause of Boise St or something? In that respect, it does remind me of Madison a little. Seems like such a happy place. Not too diverse, but as long as people have open minds, I would visit.
Boise attracts a lot of young single professionals in their 20's and 30's which explains the women, but Boise State does have its share of hotties too.
Boise is surprisingly diverse and is getting more diverse as the years go by and more people from all over the world settle here. Open minded yes, and Boiseans really respect each other and look each other in the eyes and say hello as they pass by each other on the sidewalks. It isn't uncommon to see "partners" walking around downtown holding hands.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 7:12 PM
Never Dell

Soooooo much nicer and more active than it was in 85, say.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos