HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 10:01 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
In that case, I'm somewhat more optimistic as to how the latter two entities will handle things.
You might well understand by now that every time I see the words "project subject to review by community board" put forth in that order within the same written sentence/utterance,
my tendency is to grow somewhat concerned.
Community Board input is always advisory, but when the CB approves something, it's usually just a formality until something is approved, since the DB is usually the voice of opposition.

However, Landmarks (LPC) will need to be satisfied with alterations to the factory itself.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/ny.../26domino.html

They don't like the glass addition, or any additional signage on the building.

Quote:
Commissioner Michael Devonshire expressed concerns that the roofline of the former factory would be obscured.
Street-level signs above the building entrances would say “Domino,” a touch that the commission said was excessive.

Quote:
Some of the commissioners at a public hearing in Lower Manhattan Tuesday objected to the height and massing of proposed
glass-clad additions to the roof of the iconic former factory on the Williamsburg waterfront.

I don't mind the glass addition. I think it helps integrate the building better into the overall design of the complex. I'm thinking that without it, surrounded by the newer towers,
it will look like something that should have been taken down. Maybe they can add that space to the backside of the building, where it won't be above the roofline.

As originally approved...

http://abduzeedo.com/new-domino-new-brooklyn

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Dec 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction