HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 12:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
I'd prefer to see a Riverview hotel on the prestigious corner hill overlooking the new arena, backing onto the golf course, with controlled access from Gunningsville Blvd.
Grand plans!!!

But I thought they were planning on putting the new recreation centre/field house +/- arena on the (future) Bridgedale Blvd?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 12:45 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Grand plans!!!

But I thought they were planning on putting the new recreation centre/field house +/- arena on the (future) Bridgedale Blvd?
The hotel on the corner would be close enough to service sport teams visiting those facilities.

I also envision the golf course hotel as having a fancy ball room to replace the Cocoa Room after it is replaced with the twin towers.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 1:51 PM

Land swap?

How about a land swap for the Moncton Golf & Country Club? This is prime real estate. I'm sure a developer would love to get their hands on that property (approx. 120 acres).

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
The hotel on the corner would be close enough to service sport teams visiting those facilities.

I also envision the golf course hotel as having a fancy ball room to replace the Cocoa Room after it is replaced with the twin towers.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
How about a land swap for the Moncton Golf & Country Club? This is prime real estate. I'm sure a developer would love to get their hands on that property (approx. 120 acres).
It's hard to say what would be best for that vacant lot on Coverdale Road. Maybe the hotel idea would work. It is close to the bridge and therefore down town. Also a good location for those visiting the Hopewell Rocks. But it's been for sale for years, so who knows if/when it will ever be developed. I wonder who owns it?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 12:21 PM

Ice cream

A few weeks ago I noticed "Opening Soon" signs in the windows at the old 4C's location across from Chocolate River Station. They have since been removed. I'm guessing at this point no one will be opening there this Summer?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNick View Post
A few weeks ago I noticed "Opening Soon" signs in the windows at the old 4C's location across from Chocolate River Station. They have since been removed. I'm guessing at this point no one will be opening there this Summer?
I heard that financing fell through on a potential buyer. At this point in the summer, I can't imagine anyone trying to salvage the rest of ice cream season.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 8:46 PM

Roof trusses on the 4 story apartment building at Cleveland & Whitepine. But nothing happening yet at the Kensington Apartments.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 4:34 PM

There was a crew working on the new apartment building in Findlay Estates today Sunday. One person working on the exterior of the 3rd floor, and several on the floor of the 2nd wing. It's supposed to be ready for rentals in the spring of 2020.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 11:22 PM

Driving on Coverdale Rd this evening I noticed that the Grass Home is really coming along. It's going to look nice (IMHO) There is a lot of stone work on the exterior. Last year a press release stated that it was opening in July 2019. I don't think they'll hit their target though. Still a lot to be done. None the less, it's a nice addition to Coverdale Rd.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 3:34 PM

looks like Broadview Powersports is starting to setup shop at the old liquor store on Coverdale road, fencing going up . good to see something happen to that location

Old Posted Aug 4, 2019, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY386 View Post
looks like Broadview Powersports is starting to setup shop at the old liquor store on Coverdale road, fencing going up . good to see something happen to that location
Very good to see that building being occupied. It's a great location.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 2:45 PM

Good progress on the new apartment building in Findlay Estates as the 2nd wing is now under construction. Also most of the windows installed on the 1st wing. As the scope of the building unfolds, you can really see how it will dominate the neighborhood.
Meanwhile, crickets at the Kensington Apartments site on the Gunningsville Blvd. corner. Which I still find strange since it's apparently fully pre-leased.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 8:51 PM

I see the Beltone Better Hearing Aid Clinic has opened in their new space on Pinewood Road. It's a very nice looking building.
On an unrelated topic, a business I'd like to see open in Riverview is Bulk Barn. I wonder if Riverview is on their radar at all?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 12:38 PM

In today's T&T, Riverview will expropriate land in order to put a roundabout

Quote:
The Town of Riverview has begun an expropriation process to acquire a piece of land at the corner of Pine Glen Road and Pinewood Road, an intersection that will eventually become the site of the town's first traffic circle.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
In today's T&T, Riverview will expropriate land in order to put a roundabout
If it's the lot I'm thinking of, it currently has a Realtor's For Sale sign on it.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 4:59 PM

I believe you may be looking at the wrong properties. The expropriated lands will be southwest & northwest properties, meaning the fire station & the insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
If it's the lot I'm thinking of, it currently has a Realtor's For Sale sign on it.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 5:08 PM

Quote:
I believe you may be looking at the wrong properties. The expropriated lands will be southwest & northwest properties, meaning the fire station & the insurance company.
OK. That's interesting. The town must be anticipating a lot of traffic for this corner. With the large apartment building under construction in Findlay Estates and two more as part of the Clayton development, there'll be a lot more residents in the area.
I wonder how the round about will affect the lot on the northeast corner that's for sale?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 5:58 PM

I believe traffic congestion is somewhat of a concern but IMO safety is the primary. There have been numerous accidents at this intersections. Three that I've 'almost' been involved in just this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
OK. That's interesting. The town must be anticipating a lot of traffic for this corner. With the large apartment building under construction in Findlay Estates and two more as part of the Clayton development, there'll be a lot more residents in the area.
I wonder how the round about will affect the lot on the northeast corner that's for sale?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 6:31 PM

Quote:
I believe traffic congestion is somewhat of a concern but IMO safety is the primary. There have been numerous accidents at this intersections. Three that I've 'almost' been involved in just this year.
Makes sense. I go through this intersection frequently and I can see how it would be prone to accidents.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I find it can be a bit of a mess there because impatient drivers like to treat the intersection as if the bike lane is a right turn lane when traveling East on Pinewood. I usually try to position myself so there isn't room for people trying to turn right to squeeze in beside me if I am heading straight through or turning left.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces