HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 1:54 AM

walked by the site this evening. looks like they did a concrete pour today as the ground floor appears to be entirely covered.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 9:02 PM

Trinity Place - Bldg. II corner of 8th & Missions Streets

As of June 5 this is the progress I saw.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/antinous/7346273544/]

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 10:07 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Thanks Jerry! Haven't seen it in awhile and things are definitely progressing nicely.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 10:25 PM

Looks super-
With Crescent Heights and Trinity rising at the same time this neighborhood is going to be exciting to watch!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 1:57 AM

Could we get a current shot of this thing? Thanks

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaso View Post
Could we get a current shot of this thing? Thanks
i don't have a current shot, but i walk by daily, and i'd guess its up to floor 11 or 12.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 7:33 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm View Post
i don't have a current shot, but i walk by daily, and i'd guess its up to floor 11 or 12.
here are a couple from last week... looking south-ish from Market, kind of a family portrait, showing past, present and future of the Trinitys:

and a closer-up shot from the southwest corner:

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 6:07 PM
Only Mostly Dead

I'll throw in one that I took on Tuesday as well:

Looks like they're at the deck for floor 12, so about half way there.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 2:19 AM

you beat me to it! here are some photos that i took this morning from different points of the mission x 8th intersection.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 5:00 PM
Only Mostly Dead

With all these shots in quick succession, you can see how fast they are adding those exterior panels. Quite a change in just a day or two.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2012, 12:58 AM

I just chatted with one of the workers at the site. I asked when they were going to tear down the one remaining older building (largely facing market st) and he said the plan was to have it done by the end of year. That will be a welcome development.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2012, 1:56 AM

They must have tweaked the design a bit. The exterior on the southwest corner in the rendering is the glass portion, while in reality it's the beige cladding:

Picture by jbm

Source: www.arquitectonica.com

Source: www.arquitectonica.com

I assume the building will be broken up into 4 buildings as opposed to the original 3. Anyone have the scoop?

Old Posted Aug 3, 2012, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
I hope they keep the holes in the buildings. If not, that is the kind of shit that developers pull that angers people into blocking their projects. I hope they learn.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2012, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
I hope they keep the holes in the buildings. If not, that is the kind of shit that developers pull that angers people into blocking their projects. I hope they learn.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the holes are gone unfortunately, as that largest building with the holes in it has now been split into two buildings (the one currently under construction being one of them), with the space between them being where the holes would have been. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember this topic being discussed a while back.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2012, 5:27 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
They must have tweaked the design a bit. The exterior on the southwest corner in the rendering is the glass portion, while in reality it's the beige cladding:

I assume the building will be broken up into 4 buildings as opposed to the original 3. Anyone have the scoop?
That is odd since the first building stayed pretty much identical to the renderings, other than those panels turning out more beige than mustardy. They've already established the look of having glass along the entire base then raising that portion of the exterior up a couple of extra stories. I wonder why they would change it up on this one, especially right on the corner?

As for the other question, I still hold out hope they keep the original configuration of 3 buildings. I've seen construction where a wing gets completed much later. They can put a temporary covering over the part that will be added to, and if they plan to demo the rest of the old one this year it wouldn't have to be that way long. Looking back at one of timbad's shots, you can see that's where the exterior lift is so it will be the last area to get cladding anyway. We'll find out for sure before too long.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2012, 7:16 PM

Too bad the wholes are gone, it looked so neat and different.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 2:13 AM

Here's a couple pics I took this morning from 8th and mission

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 7:33 PM

And here's the view from 8th and Market this morning. Cladding is going up on the north side too.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 3:50 AM

Aside from adding housing to an area that really needs it the best thing about this project is that it's going to help hide the Federal Building from certain angles. Too bad about the holes though. I often wonder how a developer can get away with not building according to the plans that they won approval for. Couldn't there be a hefty fine imposed if they pull stuff like this?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 6:09 AM
Only Mostly Dead

I think the original plan for three buildings might still stand and with it the holes. It's possible they are just building this wing for now, then will complete the other two wings after the last residents in the old building have moved into this one and the old building is demolished. Looking closely at minesweeper's last shot you can see a column of doorways and I wonder if that's for the hallways that would connect to the next wing? I'm not sure either way yet, but still hope the holes will be included.

Thanks for the shots, guys!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive