HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
3downnation reporting Lapolice and Ottawa will go hard after Strevler in the off-season to be their starter. Will be hard though when he makes 750 grand a year in US funds as a backup in the NFL but the opportunity to be starter might entice him?
I love Streveler but this is misguided.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 2:41 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
3downnation reporting Lapolice and Ottawa will go hard after Strevler in the off-season to be their starter. Will be hard though when he makes 750 grand a year in US funds as a backup in the NFL but the opportunity to be starter might entice him?
There will be other decent veterans available too who are far more capable passers... nothing against Streveler as an alternate, but I don't think he's good enough to be a regular starting QB.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 4:59 PM
Ham-burgher

Rumours floating about that Steinauer may be heading to the University of Washington next year as their defensive coordinator.

https://www.thespec.com/sports/ticat...iger-cats.html
https://www.tsn.ca/CFL/video/steinau...r-role~2340189

The Ticats could also lose co-GMs Burke or Allemang (maybe even both).

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 5:04 PM

I have no idea what any of this means, but it seems big:

GENIUS SPORTS, CFL AGREE TO SPORTS DATA AND GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNERSHIP TO GROW FAN ENGAGEMENT, EXTEND MEDIA REACH

I'm not a gambler, I just like to watch sports for the fun of it. The extent of my sports gambling is buying a 50/50 ticket at the games I go to. But a lot of people are all in on this stuff. A lot of the sports shows I listen to spend a fair bit of time talking about odds, spreads, predictions, etc. And gambling seems like a significant part of this deal between Genius Sports and the CFL.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 5:32 PM
arf

Risk of thunderstorms in Hamilton on Saturday? Game day forecast looks okay though.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 6:00 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Risk of thunderstorms in Hamilton on Saturday? Game day forecast looks okay though.
Yep. They're forecasting 70-90 km/h winds and up to 45 mm of rain tonight through Saturday morning.
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...tario/hamilton

But it gets better tomorrow afternoon -- still windy but a high of 16 and sunny. Sunday is supposed to be dry and in the low single digits for temperature though, still a bit breezy but THF usually is.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 6:09 PM

Cfl announced they will now do league wide revenue sharing for the first time in 40 years going forward. About frigging time!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post

GENIUS SPORTS, CFL AGREE TO SPORTS DATA AND GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNERSHIP TO GROW FAN ENGAGEMENT, EXTEND MEDIA REACH

I'm not a gambler, I just like to watch sports for the fun of it. The extent of my sports gambling is buying a 50/50 ticket at the games I go to. But a lot of people are all in on this stuff. A lot of the sports shows I listen to spend a fair bit of time talking about odds, spreads, predictions, etc. And gambling seems like a significant part of this deal between Genius Sports and the CFL.
Its great news now they just need a streaming app like DAZN to reach international and younger fans as cable cutting will only continue to grow and TSN/MLSE continues to show zero interest in growing the product and promoting it

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 6:40 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
https://www.sportico.com/business/fi...ty-1234648272/

Over the course of the strategic partnership, Genius Sports will receive about 10% of a new Canadian Football League commercial venture.

So Genius Sports will get 10% equity of the new international commercial agreement. Should be noted that the NFL will eventually own 5% of Genius Sports.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Its great news now they just need a streaming app like DAZN to reach international and younger fans as cable cutting will only continue to grow and TSN/MLSE continues to show zero interest in growing the product and promoting it
Doesn't the CFL already stream via TSN Direct? Which I get is probably not super popular, but because so many people get TSN via their cable packages, the uptake for it is bound to be more limited than, say, among soccer fans with DAZN or One Soccer where that's the only game in town for certain leagues.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 7:54 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Doesn't the CFL already stream via TSN Direct?
This is how I've been watching. We do not have cable service.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Doesn't the CFL already stream via TSN Direct? Which I get is probably not super popular, but because so many people get TSN via their cable packages, the uptake for it is bound to be more limited than, say, among soccer fans with DAZN or One Soccer where that's the only game in town for certain leagues.
The important thing to note is your $20 DAZN subscription gets you NFL RedZone. If you're subscribing for RedZone on Sundays, you now have CFL games available on Saturdays. Make a whole weekend of football.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 8:53 PM

Video is cued

Video Link

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 9:00 PM

Bombers’ national RB depth a factor in their success
Jim Morris CFL.ca December 9, 2021

HAMILTON — Having three Canadian running backs that are similar but different has given the Winnipeg Blue Bombers depth in the backfield and some flexibility when filling other positions.

Andrew Harris, Brady Oliveira and Johnny Augustine combined for 1,337 rushing yards and five touchdowns for Winnipeg this season. The Bombers were second in the league, averaging 119.7 rushing yards a game.

The grinding ground attack will be a crucial weapon when the Bombers play the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the 108th Grey Cup Sunday at Tim Hortons Field.

“When you have a group like this, they don’t come around all the time,” said Pete Costanza, Winnipeg’s running backs coach who will be on the sidelines for his seventh Grey Cup. “It’s definitely a pleasure to coach those guys.”

During his career the veteran Harris has led the CFL in rushing three times, was both the most outstanding player and top Canadian in Winnipeg’s 2019 Grey Cup win over Hamilton and has been a league all-star five times. What makes the Winnipeg native the proudest is seeing young Canadian running backs following in his steps.

“I take a lot of pride having some sort of influence on that along with guys like (Jerome) Messam and (Jon) Cornish,” said Harris. “There’s a lot of great players out there and especially ones (in positions) dominated by Americans. It’s awesome to see the opportunities not only for the guys to be playing, but to have big impacts on their teams.”

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 1:15 AM

Question

DAZN streaming would really help grow the CFL 2.0 international initiative in places like Germany, Mexico, Japan ect... for exposure as TSN streaming doesn't do that and it doesn't bring in any additional revenue.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 2:26 AM
I am the law!

That's huge news. I still think the league has too few teams for gambling to become much larger than it is now.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 2:29 AM

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-awards-most-o...eman-1.1733300

Collaros wins Most Outstanding Player, Blue Bombers dominate at CFL Awards
It was a clean sweep for quarterback Zach Collaros and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday night at the CFL awards banquet. Collaros, 33, captured the league's outstanding player award. Joining him on the winner's stage were Bombers linebacker Adam Bighill (defensive player), Stanley Bryant (lineman) and Mike O'Shea

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 6:49 PM

3downnation reporting John Murphy officially fired as GM of the Argos for his incident with the Ti Cats fans at the East Final.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 6:52 PM
Community Guy

Pumped to head to the pub tomorrow with a few others to a catch the game. Curious to see if many people turn up in-person to catch it here in Canmore.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 7:39 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada