HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 4:08 AM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
It's not so much infrequent temporary closures as it is overly restrictive "codes of conduct" that private entities put on their "open space."

Can you fly a kite there? Can you protest there? If kids—or guys in their 20s—are having a friendly snowball fight, will security quickly break it up? Can you take photos there? (That's the first thing I was threatened with arrest for at the British Int'l School).

The Riverwalk, by the way, is a city facility, managed by CDOT. Apparently all the downtown building open space impact fees have for years been going into that rather than creating new parks in the South Loop, West Loop, and River North.

This. All day this.

It's an abomination that Lincoln Yards was approved without the park being public. It truly is a private landscaped area. Nothing more.

Lincoln Yards is what happens when a city doesn't have an actual planning function, just a department on paper. The plan is a joke.
I, for one, will be far from devastated if the lawsuits drag out on this one.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development