HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 2:25 AM

hey, if we ever had a SSP Halifax summertime BBQ, I think we should have it in Bedford.....

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfx_chris View Post
It's quite possible you may be the only active person on this forum who lives in Bedford...
True the last I checked I think I was the only one from Bedford and there was only one other from the area (Fall River).

Hmm...there's no Sackvillites on ths forum. I wonder if there skyline scared them away

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I went to high school in Bedford, if that counts...
Assuming you aren't very old (pre-1970ish graduating year) you went to the same school as me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrington south View Post
hey, if we ever had a SSP Halifax summertime BBQ, I think we should have it in Bedford.....
Sounds good to me. DeWolfe area would be the best seeing how its the centre of construction here (Dockside, Southgate, Bedford South, ect all nearby).

BTW thanks for cheering me up you guys! I just sometimes find it hard to be the only current Bedfordian on the forum.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 9:24 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
Assuming you aren't very old (pre-1970ish graduating year) you went to the same school as me.
C. P. Allen.. I graduated only a few years ago, although the number of years keeps growing and freaking me out more and more...

It was quite a good high school when I went there.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
C. P. Allen.. I graduated only a few years ago, although the number of years keeps growing and freaking me out more and more...

It was quite a good high school when I went there.
It still is for me too

Its still big, and crowded (at its capacity of 1200 students). I think its ranked #2 in the province.

I'm probably getting taught by the same teachers as you were. Heck you might of even of graduated with one of my siblings (2007 and 2004).

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 7:02 PM

hey, DJ....your still in high school?!!....I always new you where a youthful sort of fellow...but I figured you where about 21....how old are you if you don't mind me asking....are you in grade 12....man, I hated school, I feel for you...I'm 28 for the record...if you have this much passion and enthusiasm for development, imagine with 10 years more experience how much knowledge you will have acquired!!..very impressive...

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 7:29 PM

Quote:
hey, DJ....your still in high school?!!....I always new you where a youthful sort of fellow...but I figured you where about 21....how old are you if you don't mind me asking....are you in grade 12....man, I hated school, I feel for you...I'm 28 for the record...if you have this much passion and enthusiasm for development, imagine with 10 years more experience how much knowledge you will have acquired!!..very impressive...
You're not the only ones whos been tricked by my age before. I'll be talking to someone on the phone or email and when I tell them my age they'll commonly say I sound/talk like a 20-something year old.

actually I'm in Grade 11 (turning 17 next month). Only one and a half years 'til I'm out of Bedford and into the city! I'm thinking of following my family and attending either Dal, NSCC or Mount Allison. So either way I'll be posting in either this section or Moncton's section still!

I think I said this in another thread awhile back but I've only been posting for a year now and I didn't have a massive passion for it beforehand. I guess you could say I got addicted very quickly. One thing you might notice in my "list" threads is I'm more for knowing general-overall facts then the tiny details.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Hmm...there's no Sackvillites on ths forum. I wonder if there skyline scared them away
Do I detect a wee bit of Bedford/Sackville rivalry here?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 7:49 PM

man, Dj, I remember when I was your age, the coolest thing in the world , to me, was when I got my full drivers licence....man what a sense of freedom...I had dreamed about since I was a kid...and when I finally got it I wan so pumped up...man, I'll never forget that first cruise I took with no parent in the car....right down the Bayview extension, all the wall to Lakeshore...man those where the days...May 97'

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 7:56 PM

hey hfx_ chris...what happened to your old pic...your new one is pretty cool, but I liked that old one.......was it David Spade?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Do I detect a wee bit of Bedford/Sackville rivalry here?
Being raised a Bedfordian its defenitely rivalry. I have born hatred for Sackville and Lockview

Besides there's no competition we defenitely have a better skyline. We have something thats taller than the trees at least

Quote:
man, Dj, I remember when I was your age, the coolest thing in the world , to me, was when I got my full drivers licence....man what a sense of freedom...I had dreamed about since I was a kid...and when I finally got it I wan so pumped up...man, I'll never forget that first cruise I took with no parent in the car....right down the Bayview extension, all the wall to Lakeshore...man those where the days...May 97'
Yah I got mine back in the Fall.

Its my secret to how I get all the random construction photos on the forum. Well that and my bicycle for the Bedford ones

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 1:05 AM

Quote:
hey hfx_ chris...what happened to your old pic...your new one is pretty cool, but I liked that old one.......was it David Spade?
No.. I honestly cannot remember what my most previous avatar is. I know I had the late Richard Wright, keyboardist for Pink Floyd. Maybe that's the one you're thinking of. This one is the older Kenwood logo.

Quote:
Besides there's no competition we defenitely have a better skyline. We have something thats taller than the trees at least
Yeah, but if you're looking for used cars...
Anyway, this whole discussion is moot, because Dartmouth > all.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but if you're looking for used cars...
Anyway, this whole discussion is moot, because Dartmouth > all.
I'll have to agree with you on that one.

Dartmouth:

vs Sackville:

vs Bedford:

Credit: All three pictures taken by me

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 1:55 AM

That's a great picture of Dartmouth... once Kings Wharf is added, and maybe a couple more taller buildings, would look quite nice! Give Halifax a run for its' money

Old Posted May 13, 2009, 4:22 AM

I was randomly browsing HRM's website tonight and I managed to stumble upon a non-substantive ammendment to the development agreement for 200, 400 and 600 Waterfront Drive.

Apparently the agreement was signed back in 1991 when Bedford was a seperate town and the designs had changed slightly since then so even though the Provident Building was constructed the others were not. Now as one can hopefully tell by my posts in this thread the buildings are planned to be constructed and required the ammendments relating to window elevations.

The ammendments were passed back in March by the NWPAC and now the only preventing the buildings from going up is a review of the plan to make sure the buildings are consistant with what was desired back in 1991. If anybody is interested in reading the ammendments or just want a map of where this is heres the link;

Case 01239: Non-substantive Amendment - Bedford Waterfront Development

EDIT: I just checked and the NWCC approved the ammendments a few days later.

Old Posted May 13, 2009, 1:39 PM
Salty Town

Hopefully any new development won't be as boring as phase I.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 7:52 PM

I just got an email from Provident saying Building A is now 50% sold...

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 5:12 PM
we built this city

Any updates on this one DJ? Do you think they will start construction in the near future?

I have to say this is one of my favorite small developments... it will certainly improve the look of the Bedford waterfront.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
Any updates on this one DJ? Do you think they will start construction in the near future?

I have to say this is one of my favorite small developments... it will certainly improve the look of the Bedford waterfront.
Nothing really to say. The last I heard was one of the buildings was half sold and real estate here in Bedford hasn't been going well lately since everything is overpriced and well the cost of one of these condos is the same as a house in Eaglewood with a view of the Harbour.

Its hard to say when construction might start right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Building 'A' start sometime next spring.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2009, 8:32 PM

Just received an email update from Provident;

- Building 'A' is now 80% sold (6 units left).

- Building 'B' is 34% sold.

It might be too late in the season to start Building 'A' but I expect construction will start in the Spring at the latest.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2009, 10:55 PM
we built this city

That is good news... I saw this site from an airplane on my way back from Ottawa and the development will make a big difference.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs