HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Jan 31, 2013, 2:39 AM

Major Concert Proposed for Holland Park

Big concert pitched for Holland Park
Tom Zillich, Surrey Now, January 29, 2013

Quote:
Surrey's Holland Park could be a stage for a "major international recording artist" in May.

Concert producers Live Nation Canada and Donnelly & Associates expect up to 25,000 people would buy tickets for the gated event, which requires approval from Surrey city council.

The one-night show would feature a performer "who has won and/or been nominated for multiple Grammy, American Music, BRIT and MTV awards," according to a report that was expected to be considered by council Monday night (visit thenownewspaper.com for the latest).
http://www.thenownewspaper.com/conce...#ixzz2JW6RxekG

I post this because I'm very interested in seeing if Holland Park can function as a music venue for ticketed performances. All of the large outdoor venues in Metro Vancouver currently are difficult to get to via transit; Holland Park would provide a great location right off the Skytrain. An event like this (if it occurs which, if last years failed Summer Sounds is anything to go by, it may not) could definitely put the location on the map for other artists.

The only other question at this point (other than if it happens) is who could be playing. The only people I can think of with the draw and acclaim that the article suggests are Radiohead, Daft Punk, Coldplay, and Adele.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment