HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 4:51 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2010 SHANGHAI EXPO Photos #3

135. The Swiss pavilion was supposed to be a very interesting one with a cable car ride up to the roof. But it appears the cable car only functioned every distant now and then and closed on most of the days I was at the Expo.

139. Croatia's red pavilion drew my attention, and with a minimal line, I thought I was in for a hidden secret.

But I was very disappointed. It was just a short corridor with photos on both sides.

140. Russia had a big pavilion, but persistently long lines kept me away. I really wished I came back later at night to get in when the crowds dispersed.

142. If the pavilion was designed to be a showcase of Russian hospitality, then they failed totally. Their pavilion's cafe was out of even the minimal of change, and staff didn't seem to know smiles exist in this universe. They'd win first prize for the best grunts though.

146. Luxembourg had a huge pavilion for a country of its size.

148. After exhibits within, there was a big rooftop garden to enjoy the beautiful autumn sunshine.

154. Ireland's pavilion screamed futurism, with a sleek glass design.

160. I really liked Norway's pavilion, which featured a great use of wood and a tent-like roof. The line moved fairly quickly so it was only a short wait.

167. This lad doesn't look like Pinocchio.

173. Oddly a more normal-looking English translation for once.

More in the next part. For the full collection, please visit my Shanghai photo gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/shanghai.htm

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 9:54 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1999

Beautiful!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos