HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 3:40 PM

105, 4051, 4050 Sencha Terr | ?m | 7 x up to 30f | Proposed

Is the devappsottawa Instagram account new? Cause' it's awesome!

Barrhaven near Vimy Bridge.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVOH25slqzB/

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Is the devappsottawa Instagram account new? Cause' it's awesome!

Barrhaven near Vimy Bridge.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVOH25slqzB/
photoupload

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 4:31 PM

Quote:
That's actually on Greenbank south of Strandherd... the "new" bridge over the Jock. Like a mini Vimy apparently.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
That's actually on Greenbank south of Strandherd... the "new" bridge over the Jock. Like a mini Vimy apparently.
My bad. I guess I assumed based on the bridge design. It did seem quite short.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 7:53 PM

Quote:
My bad. I guess I assumed based on the bridge design. It did seem quite short.
The bridge design made me think it was Vimy too... what gave it away for me was the Y intersection after the bridge. Then also the description gave it away further. Thanks for sharing though, wouldn't have seen this otherwise!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2021, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Whoa, looks cool. Anyone know the address or where the devapp is? Curious to know more

Old Posted Nov 12, 2021, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalmuffins View Post
Whoa, looks cool. Anyone know the address or where the devapp is? Curious to know more
DevApp over here:

https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...1-0110/details

Old Posted Nov 12, 2021, 10:24 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Claridge Homes is proposing the development of five high-rise residential buildings, one mid-rise residential building, and one mid-rise retirement home for a total of 1125 units at 105, 4051, 4050 Sencha Terrace in Barrhaven. Tentative build-out would occur over 5 phases between 2025 and 2040.

The Subject Site is located on the east side of Sencha Terrace, to the west of existing Greenbank Road (on the east side of the future Greenbank realignment) and south of Darjeeling Avenue. The Jock River abuts the lands to the south.

The preliminary concept plan consists of one mid-rise and five high-rise residential buildings containing 974 units, and one mid-rise retirement home building containing 151 units. It is anticipated that driveways to the proposed development will be via the internal roadways of the subdivision and the existing Greenbank Road, which will be converted to a local road after construction of the future Greenbank Road arterial road alignment and Bus Rapid Transit. The development is anticipated to be built-out in five phases with an ultimate build-out of 2040.

The preliminary phasing is summarized as follows:
  • Phase 1: Blocks 15/16 – 2025 Build-out
  • Phase 2: Blocks 11/12 – 2029 Build-out
  • Phase 3: Block 24 – 2033 Build-out
  • Phase 4: Block 19 – 2037 Build-out
  • Phase 5: Block 20 – 2040 Build-out

Beyond the first phase, the proposed phasing is subject to market demands and will be determined through future Site Plan Control applications. The design of the buildings will be finalized through individual future Site Plan Approval applications. Tower and podium-built form is proposed, with appropriate tower separations and transition to the neighbouring area. The apartments will be one and two bedrooms.

Architect: NEUF Architects

Development application:

Siteplan:

Conceptual imagery:

Old Posted Nov 16, 2021, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish View Post
Claridge Homes is proposing the development of five high-rise residential buildings, one mid-rise residential building, and one mid-rise retirement home for a total of 1125 units at 105, 4051, 4050 Sencha Terrace in Barrhaven. Tentative build-out would occur over 5 phases between 2025 and 2040.

The Subject Site is located on the east side of Sencha Terrace, to the west of existing Greenbank Road (on the east side of the future Greenbank realignment) and south of Darjeeling Avenue. The Jock River abuts the lands to the south.

The preliminary concept plan consists of one mid-rise and five high-rise residential buildings containing 974 units, and one mid-rise retirement home building containing 151 units. It is anticipated that driveways to the proposed development will be via the internal roadways of the subdivision and the existing Greenbank Road, which will be converted to a local road after construction of the future Greenbank Road arterial road alignment and Bus Rapid Transit. The development is anticipated to be built-out in five phases with an ultimate build-out of 2040.

The preliminary phasing is summarized as follows:
  • Phase 1: Blocks 15/16 – 2025 Build-out
  • Phase 2: Blocks 11/12 – 2029 Build-out
  • Phase 3: Block 24 – 2033 Build-out
  • Phase 4: Block 19 – 2037 Build-out
  • Phase 5: Block 20 – 2040 Build-out

Beyond the first phase, the proposed phasing is subject to market demands and will be determined through future Site Plan Control applications. The design of the buildings will be finalized through individual future Site Plan Approval applications. Tower and podium-built form is proposed, with appropriate tower separations and transition to the neighbouring area. The apartments will be one and two bedrooms.

Architect: NEUF Architects

Development application:

Siteplan:

Conceptual imagery:

Wow, I know it's Claridge so I am not expecting anything special, but for this area - this is huge. Barrhaven went from having zero apartment buildings (barely even midrises) to the core having 16-18f. Those already tower everything in the area, even visible when driving by on Highway 416. This will dwarf those considering it's almost double. As Owen Wilson would say: Wooww!

Thanks to the both of you, I was struggling to find more info on this. This plus the proposed development in Bayshore should be good height as entry points into the city.

Old Posted May 23, 2022, 2:43 PM

Bit of an update, the planning documents indicate they'll start around 2025 and finish the 6 tower development by 2040. Hopefully it ends earlier but atleast it's starting in 3 years!

Last edited by originalmuffins; May 23, 2022 at 4:57 PM.

Old Posted May 23, 2022, 6:53 PM

2040?! i feel like any other city would have these all up and done by 2030.

Old Posted May 23, 2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideauRat View Post
2040?! i feel like any other city would have these all up and done by 2030.
Honestly that was what I was thinking, if these were done by 2030, that would be waaaaaaay better. But I think they're trying to align it when LRT comes? I don't know lol. I think LRT is coming way too late for Stage 3 either way honestly.

Old Posted May 23, 2022, 10:41 PM

Maybe they want the Greenbank realignment before the bulk of the project goes up, and theres no indication that its happening before 2031

Old Posted May 23, 2022, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTeverywhere View Post
Maybe they want the Greenbank realignment before the bulk of the project goes up, and theres no indication that its happening before 2031
Solid point, because the plan indicates these are smack dab in the mibble of that realignment, good call!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 7:33 AM

Just a bit of an update for the area, may have more towers coming up around 30 floors closer to the station but nothing confirmed, just speculation but this was from the planning documents of this: the Barrhaven Downtown Secondary Plan supports building heights up to 30 stories within 400m of transit stations.

So may see more than this development (which is good for densifying around the station), keeping an eye out!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs