HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 3:59 PM

I agree Tecumseh mall has come a long way over the past several years. That whole area in general including Lauzon road has seen good commercial development. It's a perfect location for this type of development since the infrastructure and public transit is already there.
I'd like to see similar residential development downtown also. I feel we just continue to sprawl out eastward

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter777 View Post
I agree Tecumseh mall has come a long way over the past several years. That whole area in general including Lauzon road has seen good commercial development. It's a perfect location for this type of development since the infrastructure and public transit is already there.
I'd like to see similar residential development downtown also. I feel we just continue to sprawl out eastward
Definitely agree on the sprawling eastward I'd also like to see a similar development downtown as wel. The only similar one I can think of is the CBC site proposal for the five residential towers. I haven't heard any updates on that one in about a year, although I can imagine there are quite a few moving parts with negotiating with CBC. Not sure if anyone here has any updates on that one

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurPlanner View Post
Definitely agree on the sprawling eastward I'd also like to see a similar development downtown as wel. The only similar one I can think of is the CBC site proposal for the five residential towers. I haven't heard any updates on that one in about a year, although I can imagine there are quite a few moving parts with negotiating with CBC. Not sure if anyone here has any updates on that one
Definitely need an update on that proposal. Been awhile since we put up a tower downtown.

And speaking of the downtown here is a proposal by Ray Blanchard to redevelop a building on Ouellete. Pretty good size project to include residential, commercial and a storage facility.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...box=1634330549

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter777 View Post
Definitely need an update on that proposal. Been awhile since we put up a tower downtown.

And speaking of the downtown here is a proposal by Ray Blanchard to redevelop a building on Ouellete. Pretty good size project to include residential, commercial and a storage facility.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...box=1634330549
That looks like a pretty nice project! Sounds like a pretty nice mix of uses as well. I wonder if that vacant lot next to the proposal will be activated as well? Not sure if Mr. Blanchard owns it too.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 4:05 PM

Found this interesting article this morning about a new 10 floor condo development proposal (Riverside Horizons) going in beside the ford power building on Riverside Dr. in the Ford City waterfront area. Looks like a nice addition to the area and the design would fit right in with the existing vernacular.

http://www.windsorontarionews.com/wi...al-estate.html

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north 42 View Post
Found this interesting article this morning about a new 10 floor condo development proposal (Riverside Horizons) going in beside the ford power building on Riverside Dr. in the Ford City waterfront area. Looks like a nice addition to the area and the design would fit right in with the existing vernacular.

That looks pretty nice! Looks like a nice infill project. I'm guessing it will be taking over the space between Belleview and Pratt Pl along Riverside?

Also, unrelated, but two of the LaSalle condo developments that were mentioned a couple months ago (the one behind Zehrs and the other next to the Home Hardware) are both currently shovels in the ground and being built!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurPlanner View Post
That looks pretty nice! Looks like a nice infill project. I'm guessing it will be taking over the space between Belleview and Pratt Pl along Riverside?

Also, unrelated, but two of the LaSalle condo developments that were mentioned a couple months ago (the one behind Zehrs and the other next to the Home Hardware) are both currently shovels in the ground and being built!
I’m hoping that by this time next year we’ll have a lot more developments started and a lot more proposals as well.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I’m hoping that by this time next year we’ll have a lot more developments started and a lot more proposals as well.
Haha I hope so! Based on that article that you sent over it sounds like there are already some other developments in the pipeline

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Given the city and its track record/history... I'd be happy to see the current proposals we have been hearing about, have shovels in the ground and actually seeing progress.
I guess thats the only downside to following this forum... I end up seeing or reading about so much more than what you see in the papers and I get my hopes up lmao only to be let down.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselXL View Post
Given the city and its track record/history... I'd be happy to see the current proposals we have been hearing about, have shovels in the ground and actually seeing progress.
I guess thats the only downside to following this forum... I end up seeing or reading about so much more than what you see in the papers and I get my hopes up lmao only to be let down.
LOL that’s fair. Tbh I wish there was follow-up on some of the proposals to know if they are still in-progress or have fallen through. Although I suppose that’s probably not an exciting front page article

One thing I did see while out today was 1519 Wyandotte St E in Walkerville looks to be undergoing a renovation (looks to be starting internally). It’s the white building right across the street from Biblioasis. Haven’t heard anything about this in the news, but it seems like a good idea to renovate it given it’s location right in the commercial center of Walkerville. Not sure if it will be mixed-use or commercial, although as the renos continue it will probably be more apparent

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 12:38 AM

Any design/build company for small commercial projects in Windsor?

Need to design (landscaping, storm management, services) and build a small parking lot for our office. Does anyone know such companies in Windsor who would like to do small projects? Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 11:17 PM
Registered Ugly

As I was looking into visiting Victoria, BC today, I thought about my teenage years in Detroit and heading over to Windsor for special occasions to drink and socialize.

How has that bar scene held up these days having catered to American youngsters who could no longer easily traverse the border?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
As I was looking into visiting Victoria, BC today, I thought about my teenage years in Detroit and heading over to Windsor for special occasions to drink and socialize.

How has that bar scene held up these days having catered to American youngsters who could no longer easily traverse the border?
The bar scene, in my opinion has definitely shifted from the downtown "cater to American teens" to more of a pub/micro brew and sports bar scene. Much more spread out too.
Downtown still has a few anchors but the night club scene isn't what it used to be.
Sandwhich Town has their mainstays , Rock Bottoms (same owners opened Sandwhich Brewing in the adjacent building) , Hurricanes is still kicking and my personal favorite of the area is Barrel House (old Mill Street pub)

Kildare House, Thirsty Butler, The Walkerville tavern and Walkerville Brewery are mainstays in Walkerville (go figure lol)
Thompson House is a good choice just east of Walkerville.

I'm not overly familiar with much on the far east end that isn't a chain.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 3:06 PM

Progress is being made on the site of the Trinity Towers location on walker road.
Seems to be a fair bit of site prep, my guess, considering alot of terrain moving and shuffling.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 3:26 PM

Quote:
The bar scene, in my opinion has definitely shifted from the downtown "cater to American teens" to more of a pub/micro brew and sports bar scene. Much more spread out too.
Downtown still has a few anchors but the night club scene isn't what it used to be.
Sandwhich Town has their mainstays , Rock Bottoms (same owners opened Sandwhich Brewing in the adjacent building) , Hurricanes is still kicking and my personal favorite of the area is Barrel House (old Mill Street pub)

Kildare House, Thirsty Butler, The Walkerville tavern and Walkerville Brewery are mainstays in Walkerville (go figure lol)
Thompson House is a good choice just east of Walkerville
I'm not overly familiar with much on the far east end that isn't a chain.
You can’t forget the Victoria Tavern in Walkerville, one of our favourites in the city, and it’s been around For 120 years!

Also, the mussels at the Barrel House are amazing, as is most of their menu!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2021, 3:01 PM

Site work is well underway on the Trinity Tower project on Walker Rd between the 401 and the SilverCity movie theater.
Turns out, the Castle Gate project is being rebranded entirely.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2021, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Site work is well underway on the Trinity Tower project on Walker Rd between the 401 and the SilverCity movie theater.
Turns out, the Castle Gate project is being rebranded entirely.

Interesting, wonder what caused the need for the rebrand? I wonder if the same folks building Trinity Tower are also building this new "Trinity Gate"? Seems weird to have them both named so similarly and also so close together and not be related

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 12:36 PM

It looks like the One650 project out in Lakeshore is currently being put on hold while the municipality works to increase their sanitary sewage capacity. From the sounds of the article, they've had turn away some additional projects due to this. According to the article, the sewage plant expansion won't be complete until 2023.

Article: https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...-building-boom

Old Posted Nov 25, 2021, 3:09 AM

Sounds like poor planning by the municipality. And now their being sued...

Old Posted Dec 9, 2021, 1:21 PM

Another case of NIMBYism from South Windsor residents. They are opposed to the development by Corbrets pet store on walker road to convert their building into retail and upper residential space. The residents directly behind the building are concerned with their lack of backyard privacy if rear facing balconies are built, lack of parking and increased crime.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...ncil-committee

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario