HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 6:44 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

776-784 St. Laurent Blvd | 36m | 10f | Completed

The proposal entails the construction of a ten-storey residential apartment building located at 776 and 784 St. Laurent Boulevard, in the City of Ottawa.

The subject site is located on the west side of St. Laurent Boulevard, between Cote Street and Guy Street. The irregular shaped lot is 1,497m2 in size, with 52.02 metres of frontage on St. Laurent Boulevard.

In keeping with the intent of the Arterial Mainstreet designation and zoning for this portion of St. Laurent Boulevard, the proposal entails redeveloping the Subject Site and constructing a higher density apartment dwelling. The apartment dwelling will be ten-storeys, with a total of 87 residential dwelling units. The development will feature a mix of one and two-bedroom units of different sizes to appeal to a variety of potential tenants.

Vehicular access to the proposed development will be from Cote Street. A shared, double lane driveway will be located on the abutting property to the west of the Subject Site, municipally known as 550 Cote Street. This shared driveway will provide access to shared surface parking as well as two-levels of underground parking. A total of 148 spaces will be provided, with 98 spaces located in the underground parking garage and 50 spaces located at grade. A total of 48 indoor bicycle parking spaces are proposed within the parking garage. Pedestrian accesses for residents will be provided along St. Laurent Boulevard as well as at the rear of the building.

The proposal includes demolishing the existing detached dwellings and constructing a ten-storey residential apartment building.

Development application:
https://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans...appId=__AUIS59

Streetview:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.43535...2!8i6656?hl=en

Site:

Elevation:

Last edited by rocketphish; Nov 29, 2017 at 1:57 AM. Reason: Rehosting imagery for permanence

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 11:09 PM

Too bad about the house stranded at the corner of Cote and St Laurent.

Not sure why, but there are about half a dozen small construction/renovation projects underway at the moment along St Laurent between Montreal Rd and Ogilvie/Coventry. The strangest is at the corner of St Laurent and Mutual, where a derelict house came down and has been replaced by what I assume will be a new SFH or duplex - at the moment it's a two-storey plywood cube on a cinderblock foundation and looks like it will be left that way over the winter, as all the (very small) windows have been boarded over. Seems like a real do-it-yourself job.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 11:10 PM

Too bad about the house stranded at the corner of Cote and St Laurent. Given the demographics of that area, a few three bedroom apartments might be nice in the mix.

Not sure why, but there are about half a dozen small construction/renovation projects underway at the moment along St Laurent between Montreal Rd and Ogilvie/Coventry. The strangest is at the corner of St Laurent and Mutual, where a derelict house came down and has been replaced by what I assume will be a new SFH or duplex - at the moment it's a big plywood cube on a cinderblock foundation and looks like it will be left that way over the winter, as all the (very small) windows have been boarded over. Seems like a real do-it-yourself job.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Too bad about the house stranded at the corner of Cote and St Laurent. Given the demographics of that area, a few three bedroom apartments might be nice in the mix.

Not sure why, but there are about half a dozen small construction/renovation projects underway at the moment along St Laurent between Montreal Rd and Ogilvie/Coventry. The strangest is at the corner of St Laurent and Mutual, where a derelict house came down and has been replaced by what I assume will be a new SFH or duplex - at the moment it's a big plywood cube on a cinderblock foundation and looks like it will be left that way over the winter, as all the (very small) windows have been boarded over. Seems like a real do-it-yourself job.
Also the tarped in building beside blinds to go with no signs.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Too bad about the house stranded at the corner of Cote and St Laurent.

Not sure why, but there are about half a dozen small construction/renovation projects underway at the moment along St Laurent between Montreal Rd and Ogilvie/Coventry. The strangest is at the corner of St Laurent and Mutual, where a derelict house came down and has been replaced by what I assume will be a new SFH or duplex - at the moment it's a two-storey plywood cube on a cinderblock foundation and looks like it will be left that way over the winter, as all the (very small) windows have been boarded over. Seems like a real do-it-yourself job.
The house on the corner was probably approached to be part of the proposal but refused.

The architect for this proposal was the designer for the revamp of Coconut Lagoon on St. Laurent.

That stretch of St Laurent has never been the greatest. This could help rejuvenate it.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 3:09 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 5:12 AM

Nice addition to the neighbourhood. We need more of this in the area.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 3:27 PM

That is a good looking building.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 7:34 PM

Agreed, pretty nice looking building.

Although I wish it was more south.. closer to the mall. That area needs help.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 7:39 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post

Most of St-Laurent needs help. This development is sorely needed along most of it.

I'm getting pretty optimistic on Vanier these days. A lot of interesting infill and new developments adding people and density to the neighbourhood.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post

With close access to Line 1. The Holiday Inn and Lone Star building were recently sold. We'll see if anything happens there.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 5:46 AM
National Capital Region

Building permit issued 30 Aug 2019 - 10 storey apartment building

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 5:21 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Site prep is underway.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 5:57 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

There's a large hole in the ground here now.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 5:48 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

The crane's going up today...

Photos by me
Nov. 12, 2019

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 3:10 PM

I had walked past this project a couple of weeks ago and it is well above grade now. Will take another walk that way soon to see how far up it is now and get back with an update. Also, can one of the moderators change this to U/C?

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Simpson View Post
I had walked past this project a couple of weeks ago and it is well above grade now. Will take another walk that way soon to see how far up it is now and get back with an update. Also, can one of the moderators change this to U/C?
If I'm not mistaken, they're working on the second floor now.

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 3:11 PM

I walked past yesterday and they are now starting work on the 7th floor.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 5:48 PM

This is now on the top floor. They are just working on the service floor, so pretty much topped out now.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 12:43 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Progress:

Mar 22, 2021
Photo by me

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa