HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Wrong. Washington would have used the back door. Or used Amazon to have his goodies delivered.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 2:19 PM

Something for Amazon to ponder: http://www.jll.com/philadelphia/en-u...war-for-talent

Headline: Philadelphia’s competitive edge in the war for talent is attracting highly skilled labor faster than knowledge and tech hubs like Boston, Portland, Seattle, & San Jose

Last edited by Knight Hospitaller; Apr 12, 2018 at 3:35 PM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
That's encouraging.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 6:51 PM

From PlanPhilly: Drexel's Fry: Fix Northeast Corridor Transit or say goodbye to jobs

Quote:
Fry pointed to Schuylkill Yards, the multi-billion dollar development Drexel is pursuing with Brandywine Realty Trust, as an example of the kind of private investment that’s inspired by public infrastructure investment. The developers broke ground on the ambitious plan’s first project last fall, a 1.3-acre community park next to 30th Street Station, and Fry told the subcommittee that at least three more projects, totalling around 1.5 million square feet, were either “tenant-ed or about to build.”

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 1:23 PM

So 1.5 mil sq. feet ready to go...

Which one will begin first? I think a few years ago we were convinced that the building planned for 3003 JFK, designed by SHoP would be #1.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=1#post7980898

At 38 floors, 570 feet. (Cira Centre is about 732,000 sq ft of office space at 29 floors, 437 ft - for perspective).

Soo...it looks like 2 towers are very close to starting, reading between the lines???

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Which one will begin first? I think a few years ago we were convinced that the building planned for 3003 JFK, designed by SHoP would be #1.

At 38 floors, 570 feet. (Cira Centre is about 732,000 sq ft of office space at 29 floors, 437 ft - for perspective).

Soo...it looks like 2 towers are very close to starting, reading between the lines???
I would say that that's a fair assessment. I think the first two to start will be the above and the building on the far left of that render.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

What do you mean? Did I miss an announcement?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:18 PM

This is great news. I hope that the tower(s) defined as "about to build" have attracted new-to-the-city/region tenants or those who have outgrown their existing digs. What I'd prefer not to see is more musical office tenants (i.e., shuffling of tenants instead of real growth).

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post

Well it's not April fools day ...... but it is Friday the 13th. ..... so I don't know what to think .

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 3:53 PM

It seems 2 towers are about to be started; but was there an announcement? Which 2? What's the specs on both we see specs for 1? Has anyone heard of a start date?

This seems like good news!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIII View Post
It seems 2 towers are about to be started; but was there an announcement? Which 2? What's the specs on both we see specs for 1? Has anyone heard of a start date?

This seems like good news!
No official announcement, Fry made a comment saying that 1.5 million sq ft of office space are just about locked up. Once they are fully locked up, there should be an announcement. Definitely good to hear.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 6:59 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
This is big! 1.5 million sq. ft. is nothing to sneeze at. I'm wondering if it is one or multiple companies that will take this place. Hoping the tenant(s) is/are from outside the area with a sizable workforce that is re-locating.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
No official announcement, Fry made a comment saying that 1.5 million sq ft of office space are just about locked up. Once they are fully locked up, there should be an announcement. Definitely good to hear.
Wow, this is impressive; this is good news!

1.5 million square feet is a lot of office space; I think Comcast Tech has about 1.5 million. For one parcel a company could build over 1000 feet high I suppose; or 2 towers between 500 to 600 feet maybe depending on the length and width of the parcel. Wow! Such good news for a Friday. I wonder what company it is.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIII View Post
I wonder what company it is.
It isn’t a company, it’s simply Jeff Bezos buying out real estate space where he can fit his gigantic biceps and hair renewal research facilities.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 7:16 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
As far as I can understand it, the argument seems to be that we know 3003 Market is close to building, but Fry's statement indicates that there are now leasing agreements on space 2x the size of Cira Centre, so if 3003 Market is about the same size as Cira (a fair assessment) then that implies we should be hearing about a second tower of about the same size almost immediately behind it in the pipeline, most likely with announcements coming right around when they finally break ground on 3003 Market.

Of course, it could be the supertall, but this is highly unlikely due to logistics concerns: Right now, the available development sites in SY are on the Five Star lot and the old Abbotts site; Drexel'll want part of the latter site to move its main engineering labs (currently inhabiting the former Bulletin printing plant) to before they can develop the 3001 Market block, which is where the supertall site is supposed to be.

Generally speaking, though, unless you're Comcast and want to Get Things Built, office development takes an absurd amount of time in this town. Cira South, don't forget, wasn't finished until a decade after its initial announcement.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:27 PM

The 1.5 million sq feet may be the bulletin building + these two towers that are connected by the bridge

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcshan View Post

The 1.5 million sq feet may be the bulletin building + these two towers that are connected by the bridge
That rendering is outdated. Those are now just one building.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I would say that that's a fair assessment. I think the first two to start will be the above and the building on the far left of that render.
By far left, you mean the two buildings across from the park and Bulletin Building being torn down to make way for a new tower?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/30...!4d-75.1838311

The one that houses Slainte pub and Kaplan and the bulding next to it with a DaVita and a convenience store?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
By far left, you mean the two buildings across from the park and Bulletin Building being torn down to make way for a new tower?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/30...!4d-75.1838311

The one that houses Slainte pub and Kaplan and the bulding next to it with a DaVita and a convenience store?
Correct. Brandywine bought the site for something to the effect of $34 million (far above market value). If they weren’t planning on developing it soon, I dont know why else they would do that.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
That rendering is outdated. Those are now just one building.
I believe that is the most recent SY rendering we have seen. Those two towers were note connected in the original renderings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals