HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 3:28 PM

Does anyone know when phase 3 will start and how many floors it will be.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidjr View Post
The Centretown News has an old article they updated recently that said there's supposed to be a building with 6 floors, another with 8 floors and a row of townhouses, and that construction would start late 2011, early 2012.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidjr View Post
The plans for block 2, 3, and 4
http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data..._DL_rgb_05.pdf

And the model showing the existing two towers with the other blocks. Once phase 1 is complete things will start to look a bit more like a neighbourhood as opposed to a towers-in-the-park design
http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data..._DL_rgb_03.pdf

Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 4:10 AM

Heard Phase II is to be registered by May 12th according to the builder. Wonder if this is truly the final registration date, or if there's still room for Claridge to delay?

There still seems to be a fair bit of work left to complete in terms of carpeting, landscaping, etc... not sure if this typically impacts registration in any way.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 4:28 AM

I don't know if they can afford to wait any longer from an image standpoint. They need to start filling in that crater-filled no-man's land. Especially given the rate condos are popping up (and being snapped up) in centretown and westboro. This phase would give some definition to the lebreton lands, rather than just having a complex in the middle of Passchendale...
Hope they use a different brick colour!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Man View Post
I don't know if they can afford to wait any longer from an image standpoint. They need to start filling in that crater-filled no-man's land. Especially given the rate condos are popping up (and being snapped up) in centretown and westboro. This phase would give some definition to the lebreton lands, rather than just having a complex in the middle of Passchendale...
Hope they use a different brick colour!
Its a gamble to build and then sell.

Old Posted May 2, 2011, 9:58 PM

Spoke with the sales staff today. Building is apparently registered now - which is great since my closing is in a few weeks.

Phase 3 sales are supposed to start in about a month. There will be 8 floors. No indication of when construction will start - probably not until they reach a certain level of pre-sales.

They've started the firefighter's monument in between phase I and the Ottawa River Parkway. I thought it was going to be on the other side of the parkway - but it's beside the phase I building.

Just hope the NCC starts to do something with their empty land in the north-west corner. No reason to wait for future phases.

Old Posted May 3, 2011, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Spoke with the sales staff today. Building is apparently registered now - which is great since my closing is in a few weeks.

Phase 3 sales are supposed to start in about a month. There will be 8 floors. No indication of when construction will start - probably not until they reach a certain level of pre-sales.

They've started the firefighter's monument in between phase I and the Ottawa River Parkway. I thought it was going to be on the other side of the parkway - but it's beside the phase I building.

Just hope the NCC starts to do something with their empty land in the north-west corner. No reason to wait for future phases.
FYI - Phase 2 will be considered a condo corp May 26, 2011.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 10:35 PM

I'm sorry, but is there a difference between the registration date and the date when the condo corporation officially comes into being?

Just asking because I was also informed that the building will be registered by next week at the latest... I assumed there was a good chance that it had been registered already.

Old Posted May 9, 2011, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by condo_dreams View Post
I'm sorry, but is there a difference between the registration date and the date when the condo corporation officially comes into being?

Just asking because I was also informed that the building will be registered by next week at the latest... I assumed there was a good chance that it had been registered already.
I guess there is. We are currently in occupancy, and my lawyer has advised myself and the bank to be ready for May 26.

Old Posted May 20, 2011, 1:31 PM

Quote:

Noticed this on the Claridge website: Register for Fusion Lebreton Flats

http://ryanforms.cybernetfinder.com/.../register.html

Old Posted May 20, 2011, 1:42 PM

You guys recognize that brick colour?

Old Posted May 20, 2011, 5:37 PM

Have they not had enough time to finalize a design to use for the ad rendering? why show the existing buildings? Hopefully when they do get a phase 3 image the brick will be in contrast to the existing phases...ie - normal coloured. Fingers crossed.

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-133 View Post
I guess there is. We are currently in occupancy, and my lawyer has advised myself and the bank to be ready for May 26.
I closed earlier this week. No interim occupancy fees / rent - just a straight forward, normal closing. Perhaps May 26 was setup to simplify the paperwork for those who had already taken occupancy.

Yes the brick colour in phase I/II doesn't quite resemble that in the new brochure. Wonder why...

At least the interiors are much nicer (compared to phase I) and I was very happy with the quality of my condo when I moved in.

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 3:02 PM

Quote:
I closed earlier this week. No interim occupancy fees / rent - just a straight forward, normal closing. Perhaps May 26 was setup to simplify the paperwork for those who had already taken occupancy.
Just because you signed last week, doesn't mean you took ownership. To check, review your statement of adjustments (the version from Claridge's lawyer) and verify that there are no charges in there for occupancy.

I agree with the brick however, even with the second building there now it doesn't stand out to me as much - either that or I'm just used to it. I think with more and more buildings it will all come together alright.

I agree with the difference between phase 1 and 2 in the design of the common areas. It is a different feeling for sure.

Last edited by K-133; May 24, 2011 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted May 25, 2011, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Just because you signed last week, doesn't mean you took ownership. To check, review your statement of adjustments (the version from Claridge's lawyer) and verify that there are no charges in there for occupancy.

I agree with the brick however, even with the second building there now it doesn't stand out to me as much - either that or I'm just used to it. I think with more and more buildings it will all come together alright.

I agree with the difference between phase 1 and 2 in the design of the common areas. It is a different feeling for sure.

K-133, I am in the same situation as Traveler. Closed, was told building is registered already... no occupancy period/fees. Statement of adjustment makes no mention of it.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 7:05 PM

Quote:
I specifically asked my lawyer and reviewed all the documents in detail, including the detailed spreadsheet from the Claridge accountant - there were no occupancy fees or adjustments.

Old Posted May 29, 2011, 7:32 AM

New rendering for Fusion - phase 3 - of Lebreton Flats in the Citizen yesterday.....don't have then on me, but it was hard to judge the colours. Hope they turn out good.....

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 11:37 PM

Here's the Citizen Article about the launch of the third phase. With pic
Quote:
Claridge launches third phase at LeBreton Flats

BY PAULA MCCOOEY, THE OTTAWA CITIZEN JUNE 16, 2011

Artist’s rendering of Phase 3 of Claridge’s LeBreton Flats project. The building is made up of three components, an eight-storey building on Lett Street on the left, a four-storey building of boutique townhomes in the middle and a six-storey building on Fleet Street on the right. In total, there are 144 units.
OTTAWA — Fusion is coming to LeBreton Flats.

The grand opening of Phase 3 of Claridge’s LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) community kicks off today at noon.

About 500 potential buyers have already pre-registered for the much-anticipated Fusion project, which will consist of 144 boutique townhomes and six- and eight-storey condo buildings.

So far, the 11-acre community, which boasts a central location with pristine views of the Ottawa River, the Gatineau Hills, and the Parliament Buildings, has been a success. The first phase in the eight-phase project is sold out. Phase Two, where the models are located, is 90-per-cent sold. Both have 173 units.

The Fusion models feature open-concept living space with modern kitchens and a choice of granite or quartz, six Energy Star appliances, and large island and breakfast bar. Amenities include an outdoor Zen pool, concierge service, landscaped courtyard, indoor gym and sixth-floor rooftop terrace.

Overall, there will be an estimated 750 units in the eight phases of the community of highrise, low-rise and townhouse dwellings to be built over the next 10 to 15 years. They’ll be linked with treed courtyards, landscaped walkways and bicycle paths.

Five fully furnished models — a mix of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units — are open for viewing at 250 Lett St.

Construction is slated to begin in December.

LeBreton Flats, Phase Three

Builder: Claridge Homes

Price and size: $252,000 for a 600-square-foot, one-bedroom condo to $700,000 for a 1,645-square-foot, two-storey, three-bedroom boutique townhome. Monthly condo fees, which range from $190 to $390, include heat, air-conditioning, water and common expenses.

Sales centre: Located in the Phase Two building, 250 Lett St.

Models: There are five condo models on display at Phase Two. Hours are Monday to Thursday, noon to 7 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and holidays, noon to 5 p.m. Closed Friday.

Information: 613-232-2049 or claridgehomes.com

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 12:11 AM

$700,000 for townhouse? Interesting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa