HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I know it was on here at somepoint but if the facility is supposed to be all build above ground, do we know the exact height /stories it would add up to?
I believe it is 4 stories.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:46 PM

Also is there any updated plans for the arena since they had their open house? Oh god I hope it's bigger than 4 stories, if it's all being build above ground, that won't be much taller than the current coliseum!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
I believe it is 4 stories.
Yes, four levels, but those are tallllll levels, and with the roof structure, I believe it will be the equivalent of a nine storey building.

It will be equivalent in height (or a little taller) to 1234 Main next door (the Tangerine Building).

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Yes, four levels, but those are tallllll levels, and with the roof structure, I believe it will be the equivalent of a nine storey building.

It will be equivalent in height (or a little taller) to 1234 Main next door (the Tangerine Building).
Great to get some height!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 2:00 PM

Oh okay! That makes sense! Good to know! Can't wait to see it going up. Now can they please set up a webcam so we can follow the construction!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Oh okay! That makes sense! Good to know! Can't wait to see it going up. Now can they please set up a webcam so we can follow the construction!
Working on it...

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Working on it...
Awesome! Cannot wait! I may end up losing my job, because I'll be watching the webcam all day

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

I wonder if not going partial underground is saving money.

And from looking at all the renders, looks like your correct. From ground level to roof top, 1234 Main Tangerine building looks about right.

Google street view from Highfield looking West:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.08668...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
Great to get some height!
Outside edge will be approx. 24.75m above ground, center roof peak will be higher.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 3:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
Outside edge will be approx. 24.75m above ground, center roof peak will be higher.
If the center peak of the roof is slightly higher than 25m, then yes, this will be equivalent to an eight storey building.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:24 PM
I Rise Again

Well I don't mean to back track too much but referring to development around the events center it's something that I believe will definitely happen. Before I had a change of careers I used to be a new construction plumber in Moncton for 10 years. Back when they had announced the events center and before they even knew it was going to be built for certain, the rumors around the tradesmen where that a company from Vancouver had bought the Crown Plaza and the strip mall and parking garage behind it. It was also said that another company had bought the Coast Tire location and I'm not sure about the building west of coast tire I think it was a bank at one point but that might have been bought as well. The word was that these buildings were to be replaced with new and larger developments if the events center went though. I'm sure we'll be looking across the street for upcoming developments now that construction has started. These are rumors and I can't provide any evidence to prove them accurate.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:32 PM

You are correct on the buying of the crowne plaza, it was bought by Aquilini group, the owners of the Vancouver Canucks or the arena, something along those lines and they mentioned plans for huge changes, crossed fingers that they do a re-development of their properties!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 5:34 PM
I Rise Again

Yes that would be great.......more muscle for the downtown. Are they actually going to put the red, blue and green on the outside like that? Overall I'm please with the renderings of the events center though. I can't wait to go and check it out.☺ What's great is that the shell will be done this year so the size of it will make a quick impression and it's presence will definitely be felt downtown.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 6:29 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
Are they actually going to put the red, blue and green on the outside like that?

Those who are close to the project say there are some sober second-thoughts about those bright colours and they might opt instead to use coloured lighting to get the same, or similar, effect.
I think this is a good idea. You could change the light colours to fit any occasion quite easily I would think. And those bright colours on the building in the mock-ups would tend to fade and look a bit dated after only a short time, so I hope they go instead with the lighting idea.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 6:52 PM

Also, I noticed that in one of the videos the seating in the area wasn't the same as they have in the renders, it showed the seating red in areas and blue in others, not sure if that is just something added to the video just to give people an idea that the inside won't be just one colour, but the red seating wouldn't be bad, I think similar to the bell centre?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 11:13 PM
New Brunswick booster!

I saw on CTV tonight that they have broke ground already. A month early due to the warm weather.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 11:27 PM

Any photos? Videos or updates on the project? How's the progress going.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 8:01 PM

Here's a photo from Friday, March 18th, around noon taken by my friend Ryan from his office. The footings are coming along nicely and you can really start to get a sense of the shape and scale now!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2016, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper2 View Post
Here's a photo from Friday, March 18th, around noon taken by my friend Ryan from his office. The footings are coming along nicely and you can really start to get a sense of the shape and scale now!

Awesome! Thanks scraper2!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2016, 2:51 AM

I bet you they're thinking twice about starting early now though will all the snow we have coming tomorrow! Looks good though, I'm super excited! Many of us never thought this day would come!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces