HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
It appears they didn't ask for a tax break or incentive either? Which that is awesome if true.
Very.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 2:32 AM

More problems for Nland Surf Park.

http://kxan.com/2016/11/02/open-for-...s-for-repairs/

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Interesting. So legally, if the neighbors are in a floodplain, does that mean they are liable for this type of runoff? Or does the fact that it is a controlled activity, as part of maintenance, make it a different issue?

Either way, it's not very neighborly to drain water at a high volumetric rate like that without looking at the impact immediately downstream.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 7:28 PM

Major Overhaul to Alter the Face of Downtown Austin Office Building

Quote:
In the shadow of the Texas State Capitol, an office building at 316 W. 12th Street is about to receive a major facelift. Dallas-based Prescott Group recently purchased the structure from the Texas State Teachers Association, which has owned the property since its establishment in 1952. Their vision for the site includes the addition of a floor to half of the building and an expansion of the rentable square footage by 26,000 square feet. With substantial renovations planned to update the rest of the interior workplaces, nearly 100,000 square feet of modern Class A office space will become available in late 2017.
New renderings Released for Austin's Future Tallest Tower
Quote:
In the ten months since our last update, progress has been moving along well at the site of the Independent. The 58-storey residential tower is set to become Austin's tallest, and a series of new renderings offer a more in-depth look at how the structure will appear upon completion in 2018. Created with a much higher level of detail, the latest renderings take the viewer inside the private and public spaces available within the tower, offering a comprehensive preview of the Independent for buyers and interested parties alike.

Last edited by hotwheels; Nov 3, 2016 at 7:39 PM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 9:11 PM
Member since 2001

Old news...but, thanks for continuing to promote your website.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 9:49 PM

UT's prime downtown Austin site to get new life as shops, offices and homes. Trammell Crow is listed as the developer.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/ne...s.html?ana=twt

I can't see the entire article because it's behind paywall but this was a rendering of the building by Nelsen Partners on the same block. Hopefully this development is this building or something similar.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 11:44 PM
World Traveler

Man, I hope that one happens.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 3:28 AM

Look how small it makes One American look.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 5:42 AM

What proposed building is this?

I found it on this page at GDA Architects. (Bottom row, far left) It just says Mixed Use Tower, but the url of the image is:

http://gda-architects.com/images/gda-6th---lavaca.jpg

At first I thought it might might be a different rendering for Block 71, but based on Lavaca Plaza behind it, it looks like it's something that is/was planned for the south side of Sixth St between Guadalupe & Lavaca Streets across from 300 W. Sixth.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 4:49 PM

New renderings for the Town Lake Villas site:

http://koapartners.com/

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarMike View Post
What proposed building is this?

I found it on this page at GDA Architects. (Bottom row, far left) It just says Mixed Use Tower, but the url of the image is:

http://gda-architects.com/images/gda-6th---lavaca.jpg

At first I thought it might might be a different rendering for Block 71, but based on Lavaca Plaza behind it, it looks like it's something that is/was planned for the south side of Sixth St between Guadalupe & Lavaca Streets across from 300 W. Sixth.
Nice find. That's the site of the Austin Ale House and the Belmont. I've never come across any plans for that site. The GDA website features some of their older projects, so it's impossible to tell if this is something new or a failed/stalled project.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 6:28 PM
Meh

I hope they work on that Town Lake Villas design more. It seems clumsy for the site.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I hope they work on that Town Lake Villas design more. It seems clumsy for the site.
My take on it is that it's more of a massing with a little greenery splattered about.

I'm guessing that the third building (furthest north) in the rendering is one of the mythical Waller Park Place towers. It looks a little different from previous renderings. This rendering does show why the Shore HOA opposed the project because of "traffic concerns".

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 11:49 PM
World Traveler

They'll probably get a sign that says, "You want 10,000 more cars per day here?"

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 1:49 AM
Meh

Site plan for The Carpenter - this is at 400 Josephine Street. 4-story multi-family.

ftp://ftp.ci.austin.tx.us/ATD_AULCC/...reet_PLANS.pdf

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 5:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhoof View Post
UT's prime downtown Austin site to get new life as shops, offices and homes. Trammell Crow is listed as the developer.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/ne...s.html?ana=twt

I can't see the entire article because it's behind paywall but this was a rendering of the building by Nelsen Partners on the same block. Hopefully this development is this building or something similar.

My interpretation from the article is that those renderings will "likely" not be what ends up there.

The article refers to mixed-use buildings (plural)..."likely" including residential and commercial space. It also says that most the entire block will "likely" be demolished. The UT System is asking that "the south and west facades of Claudia Taylor Johnson Hall at the corner of Lavaca and Sixth" be preserved.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 8:12 PM

[URtL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/johngenerali/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/Screenshot_2016-11-16-13-53-06-1_zpsqsy0sxym.png.html][/URL]

New York investment firm, Brickman's, just bought this building. They plan on making some improvements, no big deal, most do, but one of the improvements will be painting the exterior. It could be the same color or hopefully a lighter color. From memory, the last time I drove by it, the exterior looked faded so either way, it will look better. The unconfirmed selling price was $63 million, $347 sq. ft.
They also mentioned adding another food truck. Did they already have a food truck? If so, where are they parking it?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 9:02 PM

This is the way I remember the building, back when it was the City National Bank building, in the 1970s:

Not sure if it was any lighter, in color, back then or if that's just the lighting/angle.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 10:10 PM

I think they later called it First City Bank in the early 80s. That's when my wife worked there and many downtown workers were allowed to park in the Parmer Auditorium parking lot. They then were able to take a shuttle bus from there to work and back. But I used to pick her up and a few co-workers around 4:30 and drive them to the parking lot so they could drive back closer to the bank and park at a meter which were turned off and free by then, and there were plenty of empty spots available. I did this every day because a few women were assaulted in the parking lot after getting off the shuttle. In both cases, the perp was hiding in the back seat of their car. Congress Ave from 6th St north was pretty much dead after 4pm save for tourists checking out the Capitol grounds and the wandering homeless

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
They also mentioned adding another food truck. Did they already have a food truck? If so, where are they parking it?
I believe it's Chilantro. And it's parked in the front of the building on Congress.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin