HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 18, 2015, 11:22 PM

^^^ Agreed. Nothing about the North Pointe develoment says "urban node" whatsoever. I was really excited to see how this ended up too.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 3:24 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 5:40 PM

I'm curious what everyone thinks about the "newest" Roost renderings..

I would post the renderings of them however I don't know how on this forum

Can someone post those??

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 9:24 PM

It's really easy Jakor21, if you don't have a photobucket account and you just want to copy an image from a site such as Boise Weekly- Right click the photo > Copy image Location. Then on SSP-click on the "Insert image" icon at the top of the message editor.

SSP Image & Video Posting Guide:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=168165

---------

The "Roost" 401 S. Fifth Street -New Renderings:

(HOLST Architecture) (Boise Weekly Article:http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/...etail-building)

Last edited by Hawk; Apr 20, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 12:14 AM
Closed account

Railroad bridge now part of greenbelt trail system up stream from connector bridge. So glad it was saved for this great use.

City Center starting to join downtown skyline.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
City Center going to be about as tell as that yellow crane?
The blue/yellow crane is about 2 floors short of City Center's rooftop. from the looks of it, CCP's 9 floors is equivalent to that of 13-14 floors on the USB building.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 2:00 PM
All man. Half nuts.

three.. yes, THREE... things:

1 - i'll have to dig a little, but i thought i saw the final height of the CCP as being just a couple of feet shorter than the wells fargo building. for some reason, i have 147' in my head, but i'll see if i can find the elevations that included the final height.

2 - anyone notice that there's an LED out on the side of the Zion's building? it's on the east side about halfway up, and it's been out for a few weeks now. not sure how they can replace it, but it seems awfully early for an LED to burn out. not a good look at night.

3 - there's a lot of heavy machinery on the big empty lot on park center where the controversial condo/apartment complex was supposed to go. i wonder if that means they're finally moving ahead with the development, or if it's just utility work? the grader, loader and other machines have been on the site just this week.

and this concludes your three THREE! things update.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 4:13 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
three.. yes, THREE... things:

1 - i'll have to dig a little, but i thought i saw the final height of the CCP as being just a couple of feet shorter than the wells fargo building. for some reason, i have 147' in my head, but i'll see if i can find the elevations that included the final height.

2 - anyone notice that there's an LED out on the side of the Zion's building? it's on the east side about halfway up, and it's been out for a few weeks now. not sure how they can replace it, but it seems awfully early for an LED to burn out. not a good look at night.

3 - there's a lot of heavy machinery on the big empty lot on park center where the controversial condo/apartment complex was supposed to go. i wonder if that means they're finally moving ahead with the development, or if it's just utility work? the grader, loader and other machines have been on the site just this week.

and this concludes your three THREE! things update.

I like your THREE! things update.

I believe you're correct--I'll have to double check the data, but CCP will be a fairly tall 9-story building, roughly on par height-wise with the Wells Fargo building.

As far as the Roost, I think the newest renderings show a very sharp looking building and the darker color brick is a nice solution to making the project more visually interesting in its space. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that looks similar in Boise. I'm happy with the latest design.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 6:48 PM
not a cynic

Minor news

I don't think either of these has been mentioned:

The old gas station at the SE corner of 15th & State has been demoed. I haven't had time to look up a permit to see what if anything is proposed.

A for sale sign has appeared at the city owned lot at SE corner of Whitewater Park and Main, the old Roundtree Chevrolet site if I'm not mistaken.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 7:01 PM
Closed account

This view shows the 9 story Clearwater building not much shorter than the 11 story Wells Fargo building. The floors look higher on Clearwater.

Gardner Company rendering

I also noticed the work starting on Parkcenter next to the school. It was months ago, but they had brought plans to the city for the condos.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 7:11 PM

Sawtooth, awesome pics at the top of this page and on the previous page. Like Hawk said, keem them coming!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 5:42 PM
All man. Half nuts.

according to the statesman, CWI will be building a 10-acre campus on the corner of Main and Whitewater Blvd.

interesting location, though that was one of the possible locations i thought would be good for a new ballpark.

will be interesting to see what kind of architectural style they go with. the article did say the structures would be multi-story.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 9:26 PM
not a cynic

Quote:
according to the statesman, CWI will be building a 10-acre campus on the corner of Main and Whitewater Blvd.

interesting location, though that was one of the possible locations i thought would be good for a new ballpark.

will be interesting to see what kind of architectural style they go with. the article did say the structures would be multi-story.

Wow, that's kind of a big deal. $8.8 million!

On the one hand it will be nice to get something built there which will hopefully spur more development. On the other hand, that lot, the Bob Rice Ford lot is inside the 30th St Urban Renewal District. If I'm not mistaken, CWI will be property tax exempt and will contribute nothing to the tax increment financing necessary to improve things like sidewalks and to purchase small lots for reassembly into large ones. In fact that lot is a not-insignificant percentage of the entire URD.

Last edited by boisecynic; Apr 22, 2015 at 9:42 PM.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 11:46 PM
Closed account

Cwi

Here is the Idaho Statesman article on the 10 acre lot on Main and White Water Park.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...nent.html?rh=1

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 10:37 AM

Here's the article about CradlePoint.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...-investor.html

Doesn't say anything about the new building they are planning or were planning... more or less suggest future expansion in the Boise Plaza building. So I am speculating that that rendering may not happen but who knows..

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 10:42 AM

Thanks Hawk! Very easy to post photos haha..

I like the new Roost renderings and the CWI Boise campus seems like it could be a huge deal.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 1:39 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakor21 View Post

Here's the article about CradlePoint.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...-investor.html

Doesn't say anything about the new building they are planning or were planning... more or less suggest future expansion in the Boise Plaza building. So I am speculating that that rendering may not happen but who knows..
the developer stated in an earlier article that he plans on constructing the building even without Cradlepoint.

hopefully it won't be scaled down.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 3:10 PM
Certified Idahoan

Bummer

Seems like a decent project, but that is the ideal spot for a ballpark. Really wanted one there. Oh well. Honestly there is room right next to the current memorial stadium if necessary. I would like that more than slapping a ballpark between Front and Myrtle. I'm not a fan of that at all.

Good for CWI, we need good community colleges around. It both helps people who need a booster into higher education and allows BSU to raise their standards and therefore academic standing because there is an option in town for people that may be turned away. I hope they come up with an interesting design down there though. Aesthetically I feel anything along the river needs to be very attractive and blend well with the wooded environs.

Quote:

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Boise View Post
Seems like a decent project, but that is the ideal spot for a ballpark. Really wanted one there. Oh well. Honestly there is room right next to the current memorial stadium if necessary. I would like that more than slapping a ballpark between Front and Myrtle. I'm not a fan of that at all.

Good for CWI, we need good community colleges around. It both helps people who need a booster into higher education and allows BSU to raise their standards and therefore academic standing because there is an option in town for people that may be turned away. I hope they come up with an interesting design down there though. Aesthetically I feel anything along the river needs to be very attractive and blend well with the wooded environs.
I think there are still some really great options around there for a multi-use stadium... particularly those two large lots that abut the connector. Who knows, maybe having CWI there boosts the chances of such a stadium, particularly if it is also used for IM or JC sports down the line.

I like the way that the two heavy hitters of higher ed in the Treasure Valley will basically be a 10 minute ride along the greenbelt from one another. Hopefully this will mutually benefit both institutions.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 4:35 PM
All man. Half nuts.

i definitely think having CWI in that location will help spur development there, maybe even for a ballpark.

after all, what does a community college desperately need? parking.

what does a ballpark desperately need? parking.

a shared parking facility could prove to be a compelling reason for constructing a ballpark nearby.

one thing for sure: that whole west end area needs some serious development--preferably a nice blend of mixed-use mid rises and residential. i often envision that area being developed into boise's "brick district".

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West