HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 1:33 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

La Corte International Airport

O.K. We all know every great city has a great airport! Well it's time for La Corte and it's sister cities to get one! The only way to get to La Corte is through government sponsored ferries which travel from Acapulco and other major ports around the Wester coast of Mexico.

I will post new updates soon. Maybe tomorrow or Monday if I have time.

Here is a sneek peek of the Airport which is being built in the Southernmost point of the Island:

Details have yet to be released but I have a feeling we will get a design or two in a couple of days!! The airport is in it's planning stage so there might be some changes to the design and layout. I do know that the design will be one-of-a-kind and it is expected to not have a flat roof.

p.s. I thought about posting this on La Corte thread but then it would all get mixed up and confusing so I decided to make a new thread.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 6:13 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Sooo...... I added some lights to the landing strips but they don't show on the render. Is there a way I can make them brighter or darker?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 6:19 AM
nuttin

Very interesting

you need to use the 'KT-lights' components in SU , window>components ,
with shadows turned off,they are all adjustable in Kerk

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 7:03 AM
nirvana

sweet

Old Posted Sep 25, 2007, 3:15 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

O.K. I have one design done but tomorrow I will finish another three. It's kind of hard to make a design because the city asked for a terminal which showed the culture in Mexico so I didn't know what shape to make them.

For now I have one that represents Quetzacoatl (Coatl for short) the Aztec god of fertility on Earth. This design was chosen because the god is in the shape of a snake which is easy to make.

But!!! I need two more designs and I don't know what to shape them like. I just don't want a square building!! Please inspire me!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 2:42 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Unfortunately I did not have time to finish the other two terminals today as I hoped I would and I will probably get them done until Saturday!!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 12:33 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

1st Design

O.K. So I have one design and I don't want to make you guys wait.

Height: ~100 feet
Floors: ~5
Length: ~5,500 feet.
Terminals: Concourse A, Concourse B, Concourse C.
Gates: ?
Capacity: Estimated at 50 million in 2020 due to high tourism.

Design: Inspired by the Aztec god Coatl, the god is shaped like a snake so the terminal has a head (near the 2 small runways) and a tail (in land). The middle is the body and expected to be green, red, or a combination of green, white, and red (colors of the Mexican flag).

The two large runways are 13,000 feet long and can handle the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 747. Large airplanes will mostly be used in the first 12 years due to the expected amount of people visiting or moving to the La Corte metropolitan area.

p.s. the terminal will probably be spun a couple degrees counterclockwise to interfere less with the runway.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 12:37 AM
nirvana

nice

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 12:42 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

That avatar of mines gets annoying if I see it too many times. Anyways this is just the shape. I will make details later on.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 7:30 AM
Dare Mighty Things

How would you like me to rate your airport in realism?

I've got 6 flavors:

-Overdose of Sugar-coat
-Princess-and-Faries
-Helpful advice with the happy ending
-Realistic opinion (can't guarantee happiness)
-Looking for things to criticize
-Omega Douchebag

Take your pick

Anthony

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 12:55 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I'll have a scoop of all of them please.
I don't really know much about airports but I would like you to judge me so I can learn more about them.

Anyways here is a small update:

The second design for the La Corte Int. Airport has been released. It consists of two buildings each 5,300 feet long.
The terminal is designed to allow rapid movement of the airplanes between the runway, this saves time and money. Fast speed trains transport passengers from the Tri-Cities to the airport and a freeway will be added for those who want to drive.

The two main runways are 13,000 feet long to handle the 747 and the A380. The decision to make two large runways came from a bill just passed in La Corte that states a building/structure must use 2/3 of energy an average terminal that size usually uses. This insures that more companies use larger airplanes so that more people can travel, less fuel is wasted, and less airplanes interrupt the beautiful views of the island.

The two terminals will have a high-speed train run between them.

This is just the outline, if approved it will be detailed and colored. Maybe add rendering once in a while.

Should another entry be allowed or should people just vote which of the last two is better?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:01 AM

i vote for another entry mate do you want it to be cool, realistic or both?
Cause the last one wa cool but that wasnt very realistic
"A couple of years ago, a couple of geniuses put on something called Woodstock Festival. It was a tragedy. Groups recognised that they could go into larger cattle markets, play less time and make more dollars. What they've done is to destroy the rock industry."- Bill Graham

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:07 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I want it to be both. All the models will have the same features but different designs and layouts. Oh, the last one would have slanted roofs on both buildings.
Was the last layout too unrealistic? Or is it the terminals?

If so how can I make it more realistic?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:42 AM

keep the second terminal do either a pararell layout ala LAX or something like SFO with 2 vertical 2 horizontal

and make the distance between the terminal and the runways bigger, remember you'll have to make taxiways and ramps and you need space for that
"A couple of years ago, a couple of geniuses put on something called Woodstock Festival. It was a tragedy. Groups recognised that they could go into larger cattle markets, play less time and make more dollars. What they've done is to destroy the rock industry."- Bill Graham

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:45 AM

See there are taxiways between ramp and runway

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:48 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Oh, the taxi runways I knew. I was going to add those later on. But I don't get how I'll do something like LAX? Or SFO?
The runways can't face the same direction as the land because there is a mountain in the way. Here just see for yourself:

I don't want to fill too much but I do want to make it capable of handling dozens of millions of people. Besides, I don't know how a terminal that shape would fit into an airport without two runways on each side.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:56 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I get the taxi part. I want the two large runways to be somewhere where the small runways won't interfere with the flight path of large airplanes. Should the two small runways be on the inside or outside?

I figured out that still more small airplanes would fly in so I need to make it easy for small airplanes to get to the terminal fast without any incidents.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 3:01 AM

that case keep it the way youre doing it but with parallel runways and also leave space for expansion

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
I get the taxi part. I want the two large runways to be somewhere where the small runways won't interfere with the flight path of large airplanes. Should the two small runways be on the inside or outside?

I figured out that still more small airplanes would fly in so I need to make it easy for small airplanes to get to the terminal fast without any incidents.
put the samll runways on the inside but parallel to the terminal

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 3:08 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

O.K. I'll move things around and post a picture tomorrow. Parallel, space to expand, got it. The taxi runways I will add later. I like the second terminal so I think I'll built the second one but I'll wait to see what people think.

Thank You so much!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup