HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Saiya

Is something going in at Fillmore/Central NE corner? Half of the surface parking lot has what appears to be the start of construction activity but I'm not sure what it is.
You're probably referring to Realm Phoenix.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Peace View Post
You're probably referring to Realm Phoenix.
That has to be it, I really like that there are so many going in that I can't keep them all straight!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 12:18 AM

Saiya - Updates?

Hi! Does anyone have an update on Saiya progress? Following along from Los Angeles and would love to know how construction is coming along. Thanks in advance!!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliab View Post
Hi! Does anyone have an update on Saiya progress? Following along from Los Angeles and would love to know how construction is coming along. Thanks in advance!!
I would like to know too. Last pic provided in this thread was from 1/15 and it shows construction on the 1st floor or so. I'd imagine it's at least on the 2nd floor now.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
I would like to know too. Last pic provided in this thread was from 1/15 and it shows construction on the 1st floor or so. I'd imagine it's at least on the 2nd floor now.
I’ll try to go down this weekend and get some photos, I know a few posters live closer than me maybe they can grab a few too.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2023, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliab View Post
Morning! Starting the 3rd floor concrete pillars on the east end..

Old Posted May 30, 2023, 10:48 PM

It is now the same height as Union Phase 2:

Old Posted May 30, 2023, 10:50 PM
Skyriser

That is a beautiful wall right there. Nice pic.

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
That is a beautiful wall right there. Nice pic.
I noticed this the other day driving down central it’s going to look great and then it also struck me that although Phoenix is known as a grid we actually have quite a few roads that end in a three way or with an interesting curve around downtown that really become apparent as we get more buildings downtown. They create nice terminal points enclosed stretches that will make more more intimate feeling when walking around

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 7:23 PM

That block of 1st ave feels incredibly dense already. Walked north the other day and it feels like a completely different city. Amazing how just a couple buildings can completely transform an experience and impression of a street.

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 11:26 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_daniel View Post
That block of 1st ave feels incredibly dense already. Walked north the other day and it feels like a completely different city. Amazing how just a couple buildings can completely transform an experience and impression of a street.
Just wait till Realm starts to build up and Vela and X Roosevelt break ground. It's going to start getting really dense in that area. Only if Phoenix would do something about that Circle K and adjacent lot

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 6:58 AM
Skyriser

The Ho owns the lots to the north of the circle K and on their block.

I find it absurd that an affordable housing developer is just sitting on two large parking lots in the midst of a housing crisis. Even two five story developments like the kind NAC builds would do really well there.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Just wait till Realm starts to build up and Vela and X Roosevelt break ground. It's going to start getting really dense in that area. Only if Phoenix would do something about that Circle K and adjacent lot
What about the block or half block that the Phoenix Public Market Cafe used to be on? Wasn't there a proposal there too? I can't keep anything straight north of Van Buren.

I know we have a couple people on this subforum that put together some cool 3D future renderings of planned/under construction/etc buildings, but I wish we could just have a simple aerial map showing the location of everything. My time is extremely limited, and I don't know where everything is located, or else I'd put something crude together. It would be cool to even put the map in each project thread's 1st post so we have the reference.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 6:32 PM

Quote:

I know we have a couple people on this subforum that put together some cool 3D future renderings of planned/under construction/etc buildings, but I wish we could just have a simple aerial map showing the location of everything. My time is extremely limited, and I don't know where everything is located, or else I'd put something crude together. It would be cool to even put the map in each project thread's 1st post so we have the reference.
I agree. I wish I had the time to put something together. But maybe it can be crowd-sourced using Google Maps. I saw something similar in a city I used to live in where the downtown area was the focus of the map and new construction was highlighted using different colored zones around each lot slated for a new project. Each construction zone depicted also linked to a page with details and renderings. That could also work here where it could link to each project thread.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 7:41 PM

Sounds like a fun project. I’ll have time on Monday!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 7:58 PM
Modulator

Quote:
What about the block or half block that the Phoenix Public Market Cafe used to be on? Wasn't there a proposal there too? I can't keep anything straight north of Van Buren.
VeLa will be going on the west-side side of the block (fronting Central Ave) and Clayco is working on the NWC of 1st St and Pierce with a 382' proposal (https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...6D?usp=sharing)

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; Jun 2, 2023 at 8:56 PM.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 7:03 PM

Project has officially topped out.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/j...roosevelt-row/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest