HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 1:49 AM

^

from my perspective it wasn’t the area or even the offering that was wrong (although they never quite seemed to settle on what their offering really was) as much as it was simply a terrible layout regardless of the offering and their checkout configuration seemed designed to discourage shopping their at all.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 6:01 PM
Community Guy

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 9:03 PM

Can anyone recommend a good coffee place near the Hotel Mac that a lady friend would feel safe enough walking to?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 11:25 PM
Community Guy

Last edited by Coldrsx; Aug 28, 2021 at 11:53 PM.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Thanks for the tips. I'll pass those on.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 8:06 PM

McDonald's re-opens in ECC tomorrow. Sunterra stocking up and prepping today, so I'm guessing close to re-opening as well.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 5:22 PM
Community Guy

Popped by this morning. Such a nice addition to the neighbourhood; ended up at Little Brick as well.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danma View Post
I noticed there wasn't an Edmonton version of the Calgary food topic... so here we go.

Next weekend we're planning to go to Edmonton to celebrate my parent's anniversary, but we're having difficulty choosing a nice place to go, mostly because for some unexplainable reason any sort of reliable and recent restaurant review source does not exist that I can find.

We were looking at UnHeardOf which looked nice, Red Ox Inn, Lux, the Harvest Room @ Hotel MacDonald, Hardware Grill, Blue Pear, and La Table De Renoir... as a Calgarian, I just scratch my head having no experience whatsoever with any of these places.

Any suggestions?
i think the red ox inn is open although i'm not positive and haven't dined there for a long time.

lux is still temporarily closed.

the harvest room is scheduled to reopen on the 17th of september but their kitchen has remained open for the confederation lounge, room service and takeout so it should be seamless reopening.

the hardware grill, blue pear and la table de renoir have all closed permanently.

you might want to look into braven at the jw marriott or ruth's chris (but there's not much local as opposed to expected fare there although they're both great rooms) downtown.

if you're thinking something more casual might be a fit you should also put biera on your list but their quest for quality control means the menu is a bit limited so you should look at it first.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 6:20 PM
Community Guy

^
LA PETITE IZA IS A BISTRO LOCATED ON ELEANOR & LAURENT'S UPPERMOST FLOOR AND IS CURRENTLY BOOKING FOR INTIMATE GATHERINGS.

https://www.lapetiteiza.com

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 8:50 PM

Thank you for posting that Coldrsx. I quite like the bistro menu at La Petite Iza. Being on the 3rd floor - might be quite hard for anyone with mobility issues unless they installed an elevator. I have been in their many time over the years and can't recall there ever being one.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 9:05 PM
Community Guy

Given the extent of their renovation I would expect one to be in there, but I am unsure. That said, I am going there for dinner tonight and will report back.

Other alternatives could be Normand's, Sabor, Braven, The Marc.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Given the extent of their renovation I would expect one to be in there, but I am unsure. That said, I am going there for dinner tonight and will report back.

Other alternatives could be Normand's, Sabor, Braven, The Marc.
I hope someone with you has the confit or steak frites and is picking up l'addition lol - would love to know their take compared to the Marc. And yes Edmonton has the wonderful: Normand's, Sabor, Braven, The Marc and some others we tend to overlook.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2021, 2:02 AM

Beautiful wife whipped up spaghetti and meat sauce to die for tonight. Comes with Oven roasted Tomato's with Garlic and Olive oil.

20210910_190150 by Black Star...., on Flickr

20210910_190146 by Black Star...., on Flickr

20210910_190341 by Black Star...., on Flickr

The Topper....Homemade Walnut Muffin with Whipped Cream...Peanut butter and Cookie dough Ice Cream.

20210910_192517 by Black Star...., on Flickr

Last edited by Black Star; Sep 11, 2021 at 4:07 PM.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2021, 8:12 PM
Community Guy

https://www.lapetiteiza.com

Delicious food, amazing service and an incredible space/view.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2021, 8:18 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
Thank you for posting that Coldrsx. I quite like the bistro menu at La Petite Iza. Being on the 3rd floor - might be quite hard for anyone with mobility issues unless they installed an elevator. I have been in their many time over the years and can't recall there ever being one.
Your suspicion was correct.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2021, 9:44 PM

Nice that you got there. It looks casually bistro-ish. Were the inside tables busy?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2021, 2:44 AM
Community Guy

2/3 full and a wonderful space.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
i think the red ox inn is open although i'm not positive and haven't dined there for a long time.

lux is still temporarily closed.

the harvest room is scheduled to reopen on the 17th of september but their kitchen has remained open for the confederation lounge, room service and takeout so it should be seamless reopening.

the hardware grill, blue pear and la table de renoir have all closed permanently.

you might want to look into braven at the jw marriott or ruth's chris (but there's not much local as opposed to expected fare there although they're both great rooms) downtown.

if you're thinking something more casual might be a fit you should also put biera on your list but their quest for quality control means the menu is a bit limited so you should look at it first.
Red Ox Inn permanently closed earlier this year. I believe Lux has reopened.

I'd also recommend Sabor, The Marc and DOSC.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2021, 2:50 PM
Community Guy

Reference ID: Job No 406125149-003
Description: To add an Accessory Major Amusement Establishment use [4 skiball game machines, 4 basketball games machines, a foosball table, a games table and an arcade game machine] to an approved Bar and Neighbourhood Pub
Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lots 187-188
Applicant: FORT ARCHITECTURE INC
Create Date: 9/8/2021 2:39:40 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Issue Date: 9/10/2021 12:00:00 AM
Class of Permit: Class B

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 2:41 AM

We need some friendly advice and suggestions about bringing our 2 small dogs to a restaurant (not bar) for lunch in early December and guessing patios may not be an option. Are there some restaurants with a decent lunch menu that are known to be dog friendly? Having never owned dogs before we never looked for any or paid attention. I read Linda Hoang's blog but it is patio focused and does not mention indoor dining rooms. We have the BringFido App but some of the suggestions are no longer in business. Anyone with a pup?

https://linda-hoang.com/dog-friendly...s-in-edmonton/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton