HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Jul 24, 2023, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
$7? That's a helluva deal for someone!

It's unclear to me from that article, will the SPCA be selling the site to somebody or is the money just a government grant with no exchange of property?
Ahh, I see what I wrote that was a bit unclear. The $7M is a grant from the province for constructing the SPCA's new building.
The SPCA was previously looking at selling the site [listing] while maintaining a tenancy and be part of the future redevelopment. It's not public what their current plan is but the Broadway Plan doesn't allow residential there.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2023, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madog222 View Post
...The SPCA was previously looking at selling the site while maintaining a tenancy and be part of the future redevelopment. It's not public what their current plan is but the Broadway Plan doesn't allow residential there.
Oh that's interesting. Last I heard was they had some donations to specifically be used if they were in charge (specific architects and stuff). But I guess securing certain designers, and tenancy one obviously doesn't need to own the land & building.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2023, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
Oh that's interesting. Last I heard was they had some donations to specifically be used if they were in charge (specific architects and stuff). But I guess securing certain designers, and tenancy one obviously doesn't need to own the land & building.
They would definitely need a partnership or partial/full land sale in order to maximize the density, the site can support up to around 175,000 sqft with 1/3 industrial. From the CTV storey on the funding the SPCA is planning for ~29,000 sqft (animal centre & hospital) that would count towards industrial plus a 5k sqft education centre.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 6:14 AM

Building Permit was submitted last month.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 6:32 AM

They said they break ground next year.

BC Business article from December 15

https://www.bcbusiness.ca/Inside-Van...needed-housing

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 5:37 PM
be nice to the crackheads

The VCC Station area is going to become quite the hub. I live next to VCC, so (depending on how long I live in my current apartment) I'll be able to do a lot of updates easily.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver