HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 11:52 AM

Closing the original store on Adelaide is interesting indeed. The homes immediately to the north along Oxford were purchased last year in a land assembly move. Could the store land be added to the assembly for a future redevelopment? Such a move would make for interesting possibilities for a high rise residential development or a new retail commercial site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTalk View Post
Sunripe has publicly confirmed on their Facebook page that the new building here currently under construction will be theirs. They hope to finish by the end of this year. The Facebook post also has a few pictures of the construction progress.

https://www.facebook.com/sunripefres...yXmomTdVjYRscl

They also announced that when this new location opens, their older Adelaide and Oxford location will close. Maybe another retail store will utilize the current building on that site. Or perhaps we could see some infill development if they sell to a developer.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 5:57 PM

Two thirds of the exterior wall boards now installed as they have completed the wall steel stud installs. Roofing contractor has started too. Could see the inside concrete floor slab pour in the next few weeks. Wonder if Sunripe plans to shutdown their Adelaide St and Piccadilly St store immediately upon opening this new location?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2022, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldandnavy View Post
I know the one down at the south end is Dairy Queen, but not sure about the north one
Dairy Queen now has this location/address posted on their website, marked as "coming soon".

Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 2:52 PM

Wonder is they will build the 2 units attached to the new LCBO and the Dairy Queen standalone building at the same time? Would be a lot easier logistically. Although if they have no tenants York might not want to build.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 4:09 PM

This retail plaza was being discussed yesterday in the Stoney Creek FB neighbourhood group. Quite a few comments mentioned that Taco Bell will open a location here, with somebody saying that they heard that directly from the staff at Yogen Fruz (the frozen yogurt food truck on site).

I can't find any other source online to confirm this, but I presume if it is them, they would be moving in the existing building at the northwest corner of the site, as a drive-thru is currently being set up there, and it was mentioned here that DQ will be occupying the drive-thru restaurant on the southern portion of the plaza.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2022, 7:32 PM

Have started installing the windows on the new Sunripe Market. Have excavated for footings in the south east corner for the new restaurant.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 4:41 PM

Structural steel now going up for the new buildings in the SE corner beside the LCBO.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2022, 3:51 AM

Can now confirm that Taco Bell will be opening a new location in this plaza.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2022, 1:17 AM

The new buildings have steel wall joists going in now. The new Sunripe is getting the exterior brick installed now as well.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2022, 9:37 PM

There is obviously an unwritten rule that every plaza needs to have a weed store

Sessions Cannabis will be occupying some unit in this plaza soon. https://www.sessions.ca/locations

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 3:58 PM

First building to the left will be a Dairy Queen. Still not sure which tenants will occupy the two units between DQ and LCBO. I heard a pet store for one of them, but can't confirm.

This section of the parking lot is being repaved to incorporate a drive-thru for Taco Bell.

Sunripe grocery store:

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 3:10 PM

Nearly done installing the exterior brick and stone for the new Sunripe market. Very little progress on the new drive thru retro-fit. The new buildings to the east of the LCBO are slowly getting the walls finished.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 8:15 PM

Doughbox Pizza has this plaza address listed as "coming soon" on their website. They have about a dozen restaurants all over southern Ontario, and this will be their first London location.

https://doughbox.ca/find-locations/

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 7:03 PM

They have now poured the curbing for the drive thru for the Taco Bell and installed the signs. Exterior finishing and stucco going on the new Diary Queen and retail building.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 6:13 PM

Can now confirm that Global Pet Foods will be occupying one of the units (the other unit being the pizza place) between DQ and LCBO.

Once construction is done with DQ, Sunripe, the two units beside DQ, and Taco Bell retrofit, this plaza will be complete.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 7:27 PM

Well it took a long time but the Taco Bell has finally opened. The Dairy Queen, Global Pet Foods and Doughbox Pizza as well as the Sunripe are still being worked on. Saw somewhere that Sunripe is planned to open in March.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 10:33 PM

That Taco Bell is supposed to be the first of the new style they are coming up with. Haven't been by it lately to see it, and no chance I will actually stop in to try it lol

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
That Taco Bell is supposed to be the first of the new style they are coming up with.
Yeah I saw that article too. The total number of TBs in Canada will apparently double as well, under this new style/expansion.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...877657826.html

Also I read in the comments that the Dundas location is currently being renovated, and the one at Wonderland/Southdale is separating from KFC and moving into a vacant building next door (I believe it used to be Pizza Pizza??)

Old Posted Jan 19, 2023, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTalk View Post
Yeah I saw that article too. The total number of TBs in Canada will apparently double as well, under this new style/expansion.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...877657826.html

Also I read in the comments that the Dundas location is currently being renovated, and the one at Wonderland/Southdale is separating from KFC and moving into a vacant building next door (I believe it used to be Pizza Pizza??)
Yes, Dundas St was either being demolished completely or in large part a couple days ago. Wonderland is the old Pizza Pizza, I delivered some kitchen equipment there a few weeks before Christmas. I drove through the parking lot at Sunningdale today but the TB doesn't look at all impressive from outside. For some reason I had them placed where the new DQ is or I thought maybe beside it, in their own building, not in the strip building.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2023, 9:02 PM

Noticed on the Adelaide/Oxford Sunripe their sign says moving to the Sunningdaale location March 29. I'm sure it has said that for a while but I try to avoid coming northbound on Adelaide from south of Oxford as much as possible so hadn't seen the sign before today. So those not willing to brave the new Costco opening that day can head to the new Sunripe instead lol.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates