HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Who voted to reject it?
Looks like Mitchell, Arredondo-Savage and Navarro.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 3:36 PM

Will be interesting to see if they actually build on spec. I had heard they wouldn't build until they had tenants despite the crane sitting there, but sounds like maybe a change of heart.

https://azbigmedia.com/1-9m-sf-water...ming-to-tempe/

Quote:
CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, and Fenix Development, a Los Angeles-based real estate investment and development company, announced today the 265,000 square feet of Class A office and 44,000 square feet of high-end restaurant and retail space slated for Phase I of the 1.9 million-square-foot The Watermark | Tempe mixed-use development, will be built on spec. Fenix Development is scheduled to deliver Phase I of the project in summer 2019. Two levels of subterranean parking and the site’s utilities are already in place.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 7:26 PM

More details on the Mesa property being built by the cubs park.

https://azbigmedia.com/mesa-picks-li...-35m-sf-union/

Quote:
Named Union, the new LPC-Harvard development will include four buildings ranging from four to eight stories and from 225,000-square-feet to 450,000 square feet. Each building will feature a high-tech, glass-heavy exterior. Interiors will feature large and open floorplates and high ceilings, giving tenants the flexibility to mix expansive workspaces with “huddle rooms” and other small-group spaces for employee collaboration and gathering.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 1:29 AM

Biomedical Campus is officially underway on the lake. There's new signage up everywhere and a bunch of workers.

Also, new fencing is up around the old Trails building on Mill Ave & 5th.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Biomedical Campus is officially underway on the lake. There's new signage up everywhere and a bunch of workers.

Please remind me, what’s going up on the old trails?

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Please remind me, what’s going up on the old trails?
5TH STREET PREPARED FOOD MARKET & BAR (PL170154) is requesting a use permit to allow a restaurant with a full service bar in the Barmeier Building located on the northeast corner of West 5th Street and South Maple Avenue in the CC, City Center District and within the TOD, Transportation Overlay District. The restaurant and bar will provide a market-style establishment with a large kitchen serving fast casual meals on weekdays with a full breakfast/brunch offered on weekends.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post

Nice. This one will be a long, slow burn. The site is a former landfill so right now they are starting with remediation, which is going to involve excavation and then adding back "clean fill." Then it's (I believe) 5 phases over the next 15-20 years, with the first phase being the first building and a parking garage.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBass View Post
5TH STREET PREPARED FOOD MARKET & BAR (PL170154) is requesting a use permit to allow a restaurant with a full service bar in the Barmeier Building located on the northeast corner of West 5th Street and South Maple Avenue in the CC, City Center District and within the TOD, Transportation Overlay District. The restaurant and bar will provide a market-style establishment with a large kitchen serving fast casual meals on weekdays with a full breakfast/brunch offered on weekends.
Glad they were able to persevere, the Hayden Square association ran them through the ringer appealing the entitlement decisions.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 4:03 AM

Updated sign on Orange st and Terrace for upcoming meetings.

[IMG]Untitled

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 6:53 AM
Skyriser

Just to confirm, the above project is only the Crossroads apartment complex. The Tempe Terrace at the end of the block and the College Town are not a part.

They updated Streetview for the area. University Village is finishing fast for Fall 2018. The Greek Life project is ugly as hell.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 5:48 AM

what condo complex high rises are going up in tempe?

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 8:45 AM
Skyriser

^ None.

Tho I surmise some of the higher quality complexes around the Valley might end up converting to condos in time.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Just to confirm, the above project is only the Crossroads apartment complex. The Tempe Terrace at the end of the block and the College Town are not a part.

They updated Streetview for the area. University Village is finishing fast for Fall 2018. The Greek Life project is ugly as hell.
The Greek Life project completely destroys the pedestrian streetscape that was beginning to develop along Terrace. Setbacks from the sidewalk, horrible architecture, probably will be covered up by gravel and desert-landscaped "nature Bandaid." A wasted opportunity, cheap, ugly, with no thought given to the broader street concept. Does anyone know if they included street-level retail, or did they just create a block-sized gap in the urban fabric?

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 9:21 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvbahn View Post
The Greek Life project completely destroys the pedestrian streetscape that was beginning to develop along Terrace. Setbacks from the sidewalk, horrible architecture, probably will be covered up by gravel and desert-landscaped "nature Bandaid." A wasted opportunity, cheap, ugly, with no thought given to the broader street concept. Does anyone know if they included street-level retail, or did they just create a block-sized gap in the urban fabric?
The chapter houses will have enclosed back yards on Terrace, so I'm assuming a giant brick wall is going to go up. Maybe it will have back gates, probably not. Looks to be a secured gate between the community center and the strip of townhouses.

https://greekvillage.asu.edu/explore...ies/facility-a

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvbahn View Post
I believe there is supposed to be some retail in the community center on the corner of Terrace/Rural, but nothing else along the frontage. Disappointing. I sort of get not overdoing it with retail, given that Vortex's retail has been vacant for years now. But even walkup units, fitness centers, anything facing the street would have been better than the desert-landscape buffer, utility boxes and fences that they have.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 10:25 PM
Skyriser

Vertex filled the space on the Rural Rd corner. I have to wonder about the remaining space: limited parking with visitors for the whole building, possibly a greedy corporate landlord, not particularly close to light rail stops, no major street visibility.

The large patio suggests some kind of destination restaurant which doesn't make a whole lot of sense with student apartments above. That being said, the complex replaced a bunch of smaller vintage retail structures, so like anything else I bet the landlord just needs to lower rents.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 2:27 AM

New tempe developments historically have a hard time filling ground floor retail space. Even at the Rise, a restaurant size retail spot sits empty. I like what 922 place did by having a small chase bank location. Nexa is doing well but any street traffic these places get are from residents or people on bikes and scooters so more bike racks are a must. They need to have more public parking spaces at apartments or street parking with meters.

I am hoping Sterling 920 place gets some good retail tenants. Lets hope skyview has a good retail/landscape plan. If it ever gets started...

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
^ None.

Tho I surmise some of the higher quality complexes around the Valley might end up converting to condos in time.
To add to this, the only high-rise in Tempe proposed for condo units of which I'm aware is The Hayden (https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=60871). It made it through design review/entitlements in March. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it will ever be built.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
To add to this, the only high-rise in Tempe proposed for condo units of which I'm aware is The Hayden (https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=60871). It made it through design review/entitlements in March. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it will ever be built.
I thought that the hotel component (Marriott brand) was eager to move forward with it. It could be one of those condos proposed but "we actually meant student housing in the mean time" kinda of scenarios.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 2:42 PM

Coverage of The Collective.

http://rebusinessonline.com/core-spa...tempe-arizona/

Quote:
TEMPE, ARIZ. — Chicago-based Core Spaces is developing its third apartment complex in Tempe. Known as The Collective, the 21-story-plus-penthouse property will be located at the intersection of Seventh Street and Myrtle Avenue.

The 319,148-square-foot building will feature 268 units, totaling 464 beds, and 6,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space. Slated to open in 2020, the property will also feature a 5,800-square-foot indoor/outdoor communal garden, amenity space on the fifth floor, a 5,500-square-foot rooftop pool deck and amenity terrace, and outdoor seating area on the ground level.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest