HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeoftea View Post
I wonder if we'll see any new projects break ground on the top of technology drive now that the Vistas looks nearly completed.
The developers of the Visatas told my friend who secured an apt. that there are no immediate plans to proceed with the next building ☹️

I’d like to know why the hill is being majorly cut into just before Technology Dr
and whether it has anything to do with a poster cropping a photo of area as to not reveal a pending housing project.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnguys View Post
The developers of the Visatas told my friend who secured an apt. that there are no immediate plans to proceed with the next building ☹️

I’d like to know why the hill is being majorly cut into just before Technology Dr
and whether it has anything to do with a poster cropping a photo of area as to not reveal a pending housing project.
Unfortunately I can confirm that there is nothing exciting coming for the crop of rock being carved out that you are referencing. I know of the “hidden” housing project that is coming & this is not it.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnp View Post
Unfortunately I can confirm that there is nothing exciting coming for the crop of rock being carved out that you are referencing. I know of the “hidden” housing project that is coming & this is not it.
Will we at least be pleased at size or scope of development ?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Will we at least be pleased at size or scope of development ?
I think you will be quite disappointed lol it is nothing even remotely significant.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2024, 11:43 PM

New Warehouse and Office planned for Millenium Dr.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 31, 2024, 11:45 PM

Eye Surgical Centre planned for Millennium Dr.

[IMG]

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 11:38 AM

Quote:
[IMG]
Is this intended to be public/private partnership like Bathurst?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Is this intended to be public/private partnership like Bathurst?
I can’t find any info about it, just the PAC package to town of Q.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 1:06 PM

Quote:
I can’t find any info about it, just the PAC package to town of Q.
Would be great if it was. I have a friend who just got cateracts done in Bathurst.....they were very positive about the place....slick procedure and first class operation. Got done much faster then they would have here. The only downside was the several trips up and back and having to stay overnight the night before.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Would be great if it was. I have a friend who just got cateracts done in Bathurst.....they were very positive about the place....slick procedure and first class operation. Got done much faster then they would have here. The only downside was the several trips up and back and having to stay overnight the night before.
There's a clinic in Fredericton now as well, my mother just had hers done there about a month ago.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 11:46 PM

The SOLD signs are back up at the former TJ property.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 3:57 PM

Burlington Flats looks like they're done the exterior excluding cladding.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/nextp...member_desktop

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:52 PM

I drove by Seabird Suites yesterday and noticed they finally got the railings on the balconies.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a construction project move more slowly

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:13 AM

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itme View Post
Doesn't surprise me. The REIT that owns it (Slate) has been bleeding red ink for awhile now and has been selling off a bunch of holdings to reduce debt.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 1:15 AM

I'm happy to see Brunswick Square put up for sale. The current owners have done nothing to stop the bleeding of tenets over the last number of years. If it is sold maybe the new owners will inject some life into Brunswick Square, and uptown for that matter.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 1:15 AM

Toronto based Primaris REIT acquired the Halifax Shopping Center in November for $370 million.

Then in December they upsized their unsecured revolving credit facility to: "ensure excellent liquidity and financial capacity for opportunities we see in the market."

You never know what's going on behind the scenes, but I wonder if they'd look at Brunswick Square?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Toronto based Primaris REIT acquired the Halifax Shopping Center in November for $370 million.

Then in December they upsized their unsecured revolving credit facility to: "ensure excellent liquidity and financial capacity for opportunities we see in the market."

You never know what's going on behind the scenes, but I wonder if they'd look at Brunswick Square?
Primaris REIT already owns McAllister Place in the city. Not sure if they are interested in owning another SJ property. But you never know.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:29 PM

Brunswick Square's ownership totally failed to capitalize on reasonably-occupied Class A office space, a 250-room recently-refreshed Delta, and a great location. They've been content to bleed tenants into the aether (and the City of Saint John didn't even try to move them elsewhere uptown!) and basically give up, one floor at a time. Great to see it on the market.

Any new owner will probably want to tackle it one floor at a time, and make some serious cosmetic improvements inside and out. The brick facade on the King St ground floor is good enough, extend it up at least another floor-- from the 4th floor up the setback is substantial, so some kind of panelized cladding would be more likely, and I doubt the Delta would hate it. Inside... IDK. I am no mall designer but the odd shape is hard to work around, and will complicate improving things incrementally.

Medical and adjacent services have come up here before. I agree, but the third floor may be the best fit, and it's almost totally vacant anyway. Maybe close it off around the atrium to create larger CRUs? The second should be targeted for commercial rejuvenation centered around the new Lawtons. No idea what to do with the main floor.

New Brunswick needs to seriously tweak how vacant commercial properties are taxed. IIRC, it's more beneficial to write off vacant CRUs than lease them at a less optimal rate or on short terms.

If we're talking wish lists, a half decent takeout oriented food court with functional hours would fit well downstairs. Get slightly unusual chains-- Mezze, Smoke's Poutinerie, OPA!, that kind of thing. Something we lack elsewhere. I personally want a (not full Kent scale of course) hardware store, it's a real pain to have to drive east or west for a 2x4 or a bag of drywall screws.

Lastly I am not even sure if the parking garage is fully leased... or ever close to full. Work something out with the city to make a floor rentable to uptown residents, maybe.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Brunswick Square's ownership totally failed to capitalize on reasonably-occupied Class A office space, a 250-room recently-refreshed Delta, and a great location. They've been content to bleed tenants into the aether (and the City of Saint John didn't even try to move them elsewhere uptown!) and basically give up, one floor at a time. Great to see it on the market.

Any new owner will probably want to tackle it one floor at a time, and make some serious cosmetic improvements inside and out. The brick facade on the King St ground floor is good enough, extend it up at least another floor-- from the 4th floor up the setback is substantial, so some kind of panelized cladding would be more likely, and I doubt the Delta would hate it. Inside... IDK. I am no mall designer but the odd shape is hard to work around, and will complicate improving things incrementally.

Medical and adjacent services have come up here before. I agree, but the third floor may be the best fit, and it's almost totally vacant anyway. Maybe close it off around the atrium to create larger CRUs? The second should be targeted for commercial rejuvenation centered around the new Lawtons. No idea what to do with the main floor.

New Brunswick needs to seriously tweak how vacant commercial properties are taxed. IIRC, it's more beneficial to write off vacant CRUs than lease them at a less optimal rate or on short terms.

If we're talking wish lists, a half decent takeout oriented food court with functional hours would fit well downstairs. Get slightly unusual chains-- Mezze, Smoke's Poutinerie, OPA!, that kind of thing. Something we lack elsewhere. I personally want a (not full Kent scale of course) hardware store, it's a real pain to have to drive east or west for a 2x4 or a bag of drywall screws.

Lastly I am not even sure if the parking garage is fully leased... or ever close to full. Work something out with the city to make a floor rentable to uptown residents, maybe.
I wonder if an Urban sized Sobeys on the first floor would work......something like what's discussed here.....https://canadiangrocer.com/urban-pla...20and%20Ottawa.

or would most people living uptown still rather drive 5-10 minutes to a full sized store with parking?

Last edited by sailor734; Apr 5, 2024 at 1:17 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces