HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 1:51 AM

Murano

Not really building construction per se, but I walked by the Murano today and it looks like a "financial institution" will finally be going into the retail space on the first floor after sitting vacant since the building was completed. I guess this is pretty good news; though I'm not sure we need another bank along this stretch. Something is better than nothing. Permits for use and construction are in the window.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondertwinalpha View Post
Not really building construction per se but I walk by the Murano today and it looks like a "financial institution" will finally be going into the retail space on the first floor after sitting vacant since the building was completed. I guess this is pretty good news though I'm not sure we need another bank along this stretch. Something is better than nothing. Permits for use and construction are in the window.
Banks create good jobs. Glad this space is finally being filled.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I heard its American heritage credit relocating from the next block up.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn00 View Post
I heard its American heritage credit relocating from the next block up.
Makes sense. They're moving out of 1900 Market because Brandywine is moving to redevelop the entire building.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 9:04 PM

Anyone have any idea what's going on with The Belgravia Condos? This is the building across from Boyd's that has Joan Shepp in it. What I assume to be a façade restoration feels like it is taking longer to complete than it's taking to build AQ Rittenhouse from the ground up.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Makes sense. They're moving out of 1900 Market because Brandywine is moving to redevelop the entire building.

That's a nice rendering. Hope the finished product looks close to it.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 2:34 AM

Apologies if I missed a post about this earlier, but I noticed this property from 13th and Chancellor St was demoed. Not sure what's going up there. Any info?

Here's the property I'm talking about from Google Maps:

Last edited by mPhilly; Dec 8, 2014 at 2:37 AM. Reason: Image fix

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Anyone have any idea what's going on with The Belgravia Condos? This is the building across from Boyd's that has Joan Shepp in it. What I assume to be a façade restoration feels like it is taking longer to complete than it's taking to build AQ Rittenhouse from the ground up.
Just facade restoration. Taking forever. It's been atleast two years.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPhilly View Post
Apologies if I missed a post about this earlier, but I noticed this property from 13th and Chancellor St was demoed. Not sure what's going up there. Any info?

Here's the property I'm talking about from Google Maps:
A new restaurant will be going in it's spot in a newly constructed commercial building. There was an article about it a while back but now I can't find it.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 2:43 AM

Quote:
A new restaurant will be going in it's spot in a newly constructed commercial building. There was an article about it a while back but now I can't find it.
http://philly.curbed.com/archives/20...3th-street.php

Just found it. Well I can confirm the site is leveled.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Just facade restoration. Taking forever. It's been atleast two years.
Wow, crazy. Thanks for the info.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 9:22 AM

Quote:
I would debate you on the "good jobs", from years of banking experience, but I put that in the past.

I am glad to see American Heritage, Police and Fire and some other credit unions doing well. I am all for large banks such as Wells Fargo, Citizens, TD removing themselves from this planet.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 3:25 AM

I didn't have time to stop but I thought I saw a rendering posted on the abandoned building next to (left-facing to use a design term)
the The Design Market Center Building on 23rd and Market St. Does anyone know what's up? I'd love to see DMC get some height.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rricci View Post
I didn't have time to stop but I thought I saw a rendering posted on the abandoned building next to (left-facing to use a design term)
the The Design Market Center Building on 23rd and Market St. Does anyone know what's up? I'd love to see DMC get some height.
The building next to the marketplace design center on market street has a sign on it that says it's being converted to apartments - design lofts or something, coming 2015. No zoning notice or permits yet. I don't think there will be height added, but could be wrong. Separately, the marketplace design center was purchased in 2013 or 2014 by pmc and lubert Adler. They have not yet announced plans for that.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn00 View Post
The building next to the marketplace design center on market street has a sign on it that says it's being converted to apartments - design lofts or something, coming 2015. No zoning notice or permits yet. I don't think there will be height added, but could be wrong. Separately, the marketplace design center was purchased in 2013 or 2014 by pmc and lubert Adler. They have not yet announced plans for that.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp....html?page=all

From back in April - BizJournal story -

"In addition, the complex was constructed for industrial use, which means its can withstand heavy floor loads and a substantial addition on its roof. Early plans include constructing a structure on top of the building that would be used for residential units. How tall that extension would be and how many apartments it would hold hasn't been determined."

“You’re not going to build some massive high-rise,” Adler said.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp....html?page=all

From back in April - BizJournal story -

"In addition, the complex was constructed for industrial use, which means its can withstand heavy floor loads and a substantial addition on its roof. Early plans include constructing a structure on top of the building that would be used for residential units. How tall that extension would be and how many apartments it would hold hasn't been determined."

“You’re not going to build some massive high-rise,” Adler said.
I have a little intimate knowledge of this project (or had some a few months ago). As I recall, they do plan to add a few floors of apartments to the building and were pursuing a big box retail tenant for the ground floor such as Bed Bath and Beyond. There was also talk of a restaurant with a deck overlooking the river as well - which may be loud when the CMX goes by, but that's what they were hoping for. Things may have changed since I last heard an update but that's what Lubert-Adler was initially planning.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 2:56 PM

Does anyone know what happened to philadelphiaplaneto.com?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly13 View Post
Does anyone know what happened to philadelphiaplaneto.com?
Nice to hear a mention of it on this forum. I helped start that blog when I worked in city government. I'm not there any longer, so I can't speak to the day-to-day realities of the Planning Commission today, but my sense is that they're just too busy to make it a priority. As a govt agency, the blog always had to happen above and beyond our core duties. With some tentative interest in zoning remapping finally percolating with certain council members, district plans proceeding apace, and the sheer number of development proposals requiring review at various levels, my sense is that they're running on all cylinders. I think we were able to cover some good topics on that blog, and I'd love to see it revived occasionally when time permits, but it looks like Twitter and FB are their primary outlets for spreading information these days.

unrelated, someone at PhiladelphiaSpeaks just dropped the un-sourced bomb that The Gallery will close on Jan 31 for a two-year top-to-bottom renovation. Pretty specific for a rumor.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 3:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I noticed significant renovation work going on in a building west of there on north side of Chestnut. There are permits in the windows and scaffolding on the side of the building along with stacked trash shutes. I presumed the building was already residential, so maybe its being converted into up to date luxury housing.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Nice to hear a mention of it on this forum. I helped start that blog when I worked in city government. I'm not there any longer, so I can't speak to the day-to-day realities of the Planning Commission today, but my sense is that they're just too busy to make it a priority. As a govt agency, the blog always had to happen above and beyond our core duties. With some tentative interest in zoning remapping finally percolating with certain council members, district plans proceeding apace, and the sheer number of development proposals requiring review at various levels, my sense is that they're running on all cylinders. I think we were able to cover some good topics on that blog, and I'd love to see it revived occasionally when time permits, but it looks like Twitter and FB are their primary outlets for spreading information these days.

unrelated, someone at PhiladelphiaSpeaks just dropped the un-sourced bomb that The Gallery will close on Jan 31 for a two-year top-to-bottom renovation. Pretty specific for a rumor.
Hey! Thanks for the work you did on that blog. I enjoyed it, it was a little like Philebrity but for city planning, ha. It's a shame it's kinda faded away, but it's great they're too busy with development proposals.

Also, wow. Crazy about the Gallery if true.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development