HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 2:47 PM

Random but does anyone have any recommendations for an architectural walking tour?

I was watching a YouTube video of a travel guy (Peter Santenello - good stuff) and finally watched his Philly ep (taken in early pandemic). It just confirmed what a remarkable city we have from that perspective, and after 17 years of living here I should probably do a formal tour to learn more.

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
The reasoning for the merge is so it can free up police resources and streamline a lot of functions.

I think CC is good with one District, I believe the new District encompasses Girard to Washington Ave, thats a solid police district. Now for government related activities it makes sense for this big area to be broken up into two.

A user on reddit said that this is beneficial because at a district a certain amount of officer are required to be at the station, so with this merger it allows them to have more officers on the streets, and an easier chain of command.

This should Help CC out a lot with enforcement.
Wait. Is this a real proposal? When I lived in Northern Liberties I know the neighborhood committee would get super frustrated about certain QOL issues and it was exacerbated by the fact that NoLibs is split between the 6th and 26th.

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 4:34 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Wait. Is this a real proposal? When I lived in Northern Liberties I know the neighborhood committee would get super frustrated about certain QOL issues and it was exacerbated by the fact that NoLibs is split between the 6th and 26th.
It happened Wednesday night, it's already done.

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-police...reas/14748561/

This merger has freed up 200 officers.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
Random but does anyone have any recommendations for an architectural walking tour?

I was watching a YouTube video of a travel guy (Peter Santenello - good stuff) and finally watched his Philly ep (taken in early pandemic). It just confirmed what a remarkable city we have from that perspective, and after 17 years of living here I should probably do a formal tour to learn more.
I know there's a new one starting up that begins in Love Park, but I don't know the details.

Save the SS United States!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development