HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 2:43 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Watching the river district presentation and the presenter said they hope to have an exciting announcement in the next couple months about the office tower.
Do you know where I can watch the presentation for river district ??

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 2:45 AM

Can I get an updated picture on the new ceasers hotel downtown ??

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 4:20 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco96 View Post
Do you know where I can watch the presentation for river district ??
https://cityofno.granicus.com/MediaP...meta_id=650223

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 10:04 PM

It's been said before, but bears repeating:

Tennis, thank you for all of your photos and updates for New Orleans! I was from there, and the last I visited was five years ago, so I don't get to see much of what's happening there.

Your posts keep me up-to-date on the happenings in the city I love. Thanks again!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2023, 6:02 PM

Quote:
this is my pictures from last Friday or Saturday

I think they are currently pouring the 14 of 16 floors, whole property remodel should be finished by Labor Day 2024 baring no delays, they have redesigned the 2nd floor but I havent seen any updated plans of the changes

Last edited by NOLAslimm; Sep 3, 2023 at 7:21 PM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2023, 7:19 PM

Quote:
try this with smaller pictures

Old Posted Sep 3, 2023, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
try this with smaller pictures

Man I’m not go lie ! The city have so much space for big buildings lol. But I’m not getting my hopes up lol. I believe where the place tower is that would be an awesome spot for a 50-70 story hotel lol.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2023, 8:57 PM

I wish we could get a skyscraper or something man. Damn … lol. I was so excited for the trump tower , but ole well. I believe New Orleans could and should look to build buildings closer to the interstate.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2023, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I wish we could get a skyscraper or something man. Damn … lol. I was so excited for the trump tower , but ole well. I believe New Orleans could and should look to build buildings closer to the interstate.
Well the city is in the midst of building a new neighborhood called the River District which will consist of new Office Towers, Residential Towers and a Top
Golf. Also the medical district is being primed for future medical and research offices courtesy of Tulane and the BioDistrict.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2023, 7:15 PM

I wish UNO would take a more active role in the city like Tulane. They just feel wasted out on the Lakefront. Wish they would open a Downtown/Urban Campus or something of the like. They'd be a great fit in the River District IMO.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2023, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm991 View Post
I wish UNO would take a more active role in the city like Tulane. They just feel wasted out on the Lakefront. Wish they would open a Downtown/Urban Campus or something of the like. They'd be a great fit in the River District IMO.

Whatever happened to the University of New Orleans building at 1600 Canal Street? I haven't been to New Orleans in a long time. Does UNO still own and use that building?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2023, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Whatever happened to the University of New Orleans building at 1600 Canal Street? I haven't been to New Orleans in a long time. Does UNO still own and use that building?
It's a SpringHill and TownePlace Suites now.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2023, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Man I’m not go lie ! The city have so much space for big buildings lol. But I’m not getting my hopes up lol. I believe where the place tower is that would be an awesome spot for a 50-70 story hotel lol.
Ehhh I don't know about all that. New Orleans is landlocked and there aren't many plots left for huge developments, unless you're thinking New Orleans East area. I can see Metairie adding some in the future though, especially with the overhaul of the Causeway/Vets corridor over the last few years.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2023, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
Ehhh I don't know about all that. New Orleans is landlocked and there aren't many plots left for huge developments, unless you're thinking New Orleans East area. I can see Metairie adding some in the future though, especially with the overhaul of the Causeway/Vets corridor over the last few years.
Metairie would be nice man.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 3:46 PM

Speaking of Metairie, has there been any update with Metairie Towers? I know there's been ongoing litigation since the repairs/remediation from Ida. Any unit for sale in that building is still still being "As Is" and uninhabitable until completion. As someone who works in the RE industry the "progress" has been strangely quiet...

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 4:47 PM

Any movement on Plaza Tower and 1010 Commons as fas as their futures? Also what’s that big tall green high rise building used for? I believe the ground floor says Segway Tours. The building borders the end Canal St and the beginning of the medical corridor.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Any movement on Plaza Tower and 1010 Commons as fas as their futures? Also what’s that big tall green high rise building used for? I believe the ground floor says Segway Tours. The building borders the end Canal St and the beginning of the medical corridor.
I'm almost positive the building your talking about has elderly apartment units above it. I used to live in that area and believe that's what the upper floors are used floor. I do not believe it's a full-assisted living complex though.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 8:58 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwatts View Post
I'm almost positive the building your talking about has elderly apartment units above it. I used to live in that area and believe that's what the upper floors are used floor. I do not believe it's a full-assisted living complex though.
Yes its basically was geared originally to former residents of iberville over the age of 55. I believe its open to anyone over that age that qualifies. Was formerly called the Texaco Building. Its called Marais Apartments now.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2023, 11:45 AM
-

5400 Magazine St·Demolition · Ref Code:WQK1SK
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Heather Gorman
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/31/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Building is a drive-through and not adaptable, land will remain vacant after demo

2419 Jena St, 2437 Jena St, 2428 Napoleon Ave·NPP Notifications · Project #23-1162 · Ref Code:Q85UJQ
View Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
Our Lady of Lourdes New Orleans Louisiana Inc
NPP Generated
Date Filed:
8/31/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
CU to permit a hotel

Looks like the airport flyover should be ready soon... finally!!!

Sort of blurry downtown pics but thought id share anyways

Old Posted Sep 8, 2023, 3:24 PM

3600 St. Charles Ave.

I see 3600 St. Charles Ave. is being demolished but there’s nothing in the city database about what will replace it. Does anyone know? That’s a big lot. Hopefully a nice pretty building. And whatever happened to the big development that was supposed to happen on St. Charles and Louisiana?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations