HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 8, 2023, 5:31 PM
-

Think this little street probably gives an idea of what they are looking to do for the rest of the downtown campus

Old Posted Jul 8, 2023, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

Think this little street probably gives an idea of what they are looking to do for the rest of the downtown campus
Yes ,this and Charity are definitely the start of what’s to come over the next couple of years for that entire section of downtown.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2023, 1:17 PM
-

Vintage Rock Club, Copper Vine to Close for Expansion

https://www.bizneworleans.com/vintag...for-expansion/

Old Posted Jul 11, 2023, 12:27 PM
-

NANO Converting Former Training Facility into NOFD Headquarters

https://www.bizneworleans.com/nano-c...-headquarters/

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 11:28 AM
-

Jackson Oaks Construction

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 11:29 AM
-

Emerils Nola Renovation

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 11:30 AM
-

Landis Construction is with JECohen and Trapolin-Peer Architects, APC.
1d ·
Alongside our partners Trapolin-Peer Architects, APC and owner JECohen we are proud to announce a new #HistoricRenovation, 714 Canal Street. Upon its completion, this historic building will include short-term rental units and ground floor retail.
#BuildingLastingRelationships

6-19403 Alcohol: Class A - Restaurant Beer and Liquor NOSTALGIA LLC NOSTALGIA
125 CAMP ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130-2507 Active Jul 11, 2023

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 11:33 AM
-

Major developments to Tulane’s iconic campus! The Paul Hall Science Complex is nearing completion; the new construction building will be active for the fall 2023 semester. Next door, the landmark Richardson Memorial Hall is undergoing substantial structural restoration. We are proud of these two unique projects and our continued partnership with Tulane University. 💚🌊

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 12:01 PM
-

3600 Saint Charles Ave·Demolition · Ref Code:KJUHNT
View Download (4) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Crescent Foundations
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/5/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Demolition of vacant office building to grade.

711 Canal St·Demolition · Ref Code:RXQTAN
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
John C Williams
Permit Denied
Date Filed:
7/3/2023
Closed:
Yes
Description:
REMOVAL OF EXISTING DECORATIVE AWNING ACROSS 4 LOTS OF RECORD, REMOVE STRUCTURAL ATTACHMENTS. NO CHANGES PROPOSED TO BUILDING STOREFRONT SYSTEMS OR ARCHITECTURAL FACADE. FLOODLIGHTS, CAMERA OR ANY EQUIPMENT NOT ATTACHED TO AWNING TO REMAIN. ASSOCIATED DOWNSPOUTS AFFECTED TO BE REMOVED. NO INTERIOR WORK PROPOSED. NO CHANGES TO OCCUPANCY OR EGRESS.

1431 Saint Louis St·Design Review · Project #23-0817 · Ref Code:B182EY
View Pay Fees Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
Authority Of New Orleans Housing
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/5/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Construction of 45 new apartment units in a 4 story, 48,000 SF building. This phase is a continuation of the Iberville Redevelopment Offsite Component under the Choice Neighborhood Initiative grant awarded to the City of New Orleans and HANO.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Major developments to Tulane’s iconic campus! The Paul Hall Science Complex is nearing completion; the new construction building will be active for the fall 2023 semester. Next door, the landmark Richardson Memorial Hall is undergoing substantial structural restoration. We are proud of these two unique projects and our continued partnership with Tulane University. 💚🌊

My wife and I took our dog for a walk on Tulane's campus last month while we were in the city. We graduated about 10 years ago, but always amazed by how much has been built on campus since we were undergrads.

The tuition is high, but it's worth it.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 2:20 PM

Quote:
1431 Saint Louis St·Design Review · Project #23-0817 · Ref Code:B182EY
View Pay Fees Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
Authority Of New Orleans Housing
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/5/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Construction of 45 new apartment units in a 4 story, 48,000 SF building. This phase is a continuation of the Iberville Redevelopment Offsite Component under the Choice Neighborhood Initiative grant awarded to the City of New Orleans and HANO.
This is great to see another parking lot finally bite the dust, and have more density downtown, and it looks like they’re saving space for yet another phase after this.

My only complaint is that it’s the exact same generic architecture as the building across the street. They couldn’t change it up even slightly? Can HANO please hire an architect?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
My wife and I took our dog for a walk on Tulane's campus last month while we were in the city. We graduated about 10 years ago, but always amazed by how much has been built on campus since we were undergrads.

The tuition is high, but it's worth it.
Man.. Tulane is loaded with money. So glad they have a strong and growing presence in the downtown area.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 6:16 PM

XULA Med School?

Quick question: Does anybody have an idea of where Xavier's going to be building their med school?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2023, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Quick question: Does anybody have an idea of where Xavier's going to be building their med school?
It's going to be in partnership with Ochsner and I might have read that it's supposed to be at the main Ochsner campus?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2023, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
It's going to be in partnership with Ochsner and I might have read that it's supposed to be at the main Ochsner campus?
In January, I saw this in the article about it:

Verret said the project would likely cost $100 to $200 million. Ochsner and Xavier officials have not yet decided where the school would be, though several said it would likely somewhere on or near Xavier's campus. Officials did not provide a timeline for the first class.

But I also saw in another article that they'll be using some of Ochsner's facilities as well. I can't see the entire medical school being housed on Ochsner's main campus at all. And knowing Xavier, they're going to want a standalone.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2023, 4:17 PM

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...773fdb633.html

Check out the new French Truck Coffee, now open in the Canal Street spot Starbucks left

The pour over coffees are slowly steeping, the milk is frothing for lattes and passersby on Canal Street are peering into the windows of the newest French Truck Coffee location, which opened July 12 in downtown New Orleans.

It's the 11th coffee shop for the local brand, known for its curatorial approach to sourcing and fresh roasting. To founder Geoffrey Meeker, it's also a symbol of faith in Canal Street and the potential of local businesses to guide its future.

"It just lends itself to our brand, and it feels really good to have all the tourists who come through here see our name," said Meeker, looking around the newly-opened shop. "The streetcar turns here. This is Canal and St. Charles Avenue. That's Main Street at Main Street to me. We're excited to be here."...

Old Posted Jul 13, 2023, 6:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...773fdb633.html

Check out the new French Truck Coffee, now open in the Canal Street spot Starbucks left

The pour over coffees are slowly steeping, the milk is frothing for lattes and passersby on Canal Street are peering into the windows of the newest French Truck Coffee location, which opened July 12 in downtown New Orleans.

It's the 11th coffee shop for the local brand, known for its curatorial approach to sourcing and fresh roasting. To founder Geoffrey Meeker, it's also a symbol of faith in Canal Street and the potential of local businesses to guide its future.

"It just lends itself to our brand, and it feels really good to have all the tourists who come through here see our name," said Meeker, looking around the newly-opened shop. "The streetcar turns here. This is Canal and St. Charles Avenue. That's Main Street at Main Street to me. We're excited to be here."...

Looks great to me and just a nice as what was there... i really like the yellow they use! Best of luck to them!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2023, 6:16 PM
-

Quote:
In January, I saw this in the article about it:

Verret said the project would likely cost $100 to $200 million. Ochsner and Xavier officials have not yet decided where the school would be, though several said it would likely somewhere on or near Xavier's campus. Officials did not provide a timeline for the first class.

But I also saw in another article that they'll be using some of Ochsner's facilities as well. I can't see the entire medical school being housed on Ochsner's main campus at all. And knowing Xavier, they're going to want a standalone.
randomly saw a pile driver on one of xaviers parking lots while driving down i 10 .. doubt its for this though

update: well ok now we know what the pile drivers are for

4700 Howard Ave·New Construction · Ref Code:QQCQLR
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
The Lemoine Company
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/15/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Removal of existing parking lot and construction of a new 7 level parking garage with single story police station adjacent.

Last edited by tennis1400; Jul 13, 2023 at 6:42 PM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2023, 6:44 PM

Have 360 Insights said where they’re new headquarters will be ? This is a major coup for the city. Also any movement on the Bayou Phoenix/NORA situation?

Last edited by BlueDot; Jul 14, 2023 at 1:58 AM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2023, 5:03 AM

Quote:
randomly saw a pile driver on one of xaviers parking lots while driving down i 10 .. doubt its for this though

update: well ok now we know what the pile drivers are for

4700 Howard Ave·New Construction · Ref Code:QQCQLR
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
The Lemoine Company
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/15/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Removal of existing parking lot and construction of a new 7 level parking garage with single story police station adjacent.
Can't help but think this is the start of some big moves for them. This will free up several other lots for development, guessing for their med school. I also noticed they've got a lot of work going on with some of their oldest buildings right now. Clearly some major capital investments going on at Xavier!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations