HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted here so I decided to post it.I don't know to whom it belongs though.
Ooh, I'm seriously in love with this.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 3:42 AM
Mr. Technology

I'd love to see the views from the observatory atop Rockefeller Plaza and Empire State Building.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 4:13 AM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRey View Post
One thing I'm curious to see if they've deeply researched is the affects of high winds on this building, as well as potential earthquakes. I know it's probably all been covered but it's something that I can't just shake off being worried about given how small a footprint this thing has. It's just so damn skinny! I would bet this structure has the highest height:width ratio of any building on the planet, save maybe clock towers, spires and the like. I can't think of anything else that is so slim!
They wouldnt spend hundreds of millions or however much this building will cost to get built just to have it topple over in a hurricane. I can assure you that it will be completely safe and NYC doesnt have earthquakes, at least not large ones as theres no large active seismic zones or faulting going on. Although, Im sure theyve accounted for the worst case scenario.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 7:59 AM
Meh

Quote:
One thing I'm curious to see if they've deeply researched is the affects of high winds on this building, as well as potential earthquakes. I know it's probably all been covered but it's something that I can't just shake off being worried about given how small a footprint this thing has. It's just so damn skinny! I would bet this structure has the highest height:width ratio of any building on the planet, save maybe clock towers, spires and the like. I can't think of anything else that is so slim!
I was wondering what the width would be and googled it. Naturally this website came up with a post Zapatan made while ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
it's about 14.5 to 1, don't know where you got the 21 figure.

93.5 feet wide and 1398 feet tall = about 14.5 to 1 ratio
I was curious myself about the size. I measured the property which is roughly 276 feet long along East 56th Street. The portion of the property facing Park Avenue is a whopping 60 feet wide, and the "deepest" line running into the property from East 56th Street is about 100 feet. I was thinking the tower would be much skinnier than those numbers, maybe half the depth of the property at around 50 feet. I wonder where Zapatan got that 93 foot number from? Zapatan?

I'd like to build a model of this thing just as a gag and plop into it my Austin model.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 8:01 AM

Quote:
i'm pretty sure they have everything covered

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I'd like to build a model of this thing just as a gag and plop into it my Austin model.
I'd like a model of every major skyscraper ever built.
Right now, I only have a limited amount of models.
The tallest model skyscraper sitting on the floor of my living room is the Empire State Building (and it is quite tall).

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 4:21 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I was wondering what the width would be and googled it. Naturally this website came up with a post Zapatan made while ago:

I was curious myself about the size. I measured the property which is roughly 276 feet long along East 56th Street. The portion of the property facing Park Avenue is a whopping 60 feet wide, and the "deepest" line running into the property from East 56th Street is about 100 feet. I was thinking the tower would be much skinnier than those numbers, maybe half the depth of the property at around 50 feet. I wonder where Zapatan got that 93 foot number from? Zapatan?

The portion of the site fronting Park Ave is narrow, but is irrelevant because the tower is not located there.

The portion of the site where the tower is located runs the entire width of the block from 56th to 57th street- ~200ft. That part is also the width of 5 townhouses, which comes out to ~100ft. Plenty of room for a 93ft square tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
The part of the hole where the tower will rise is 5 townhouses wide making it 100'

It's all in the nydob filings.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 5:59 PM
New Yorker for life

The dimensions of the tower are given on the drawings...

Cam shot from today...almost getting there.

www.432park.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 7:50 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The dimensions of the tower are given on the drawings...

www.432park.com
That explains everything right there!
You can clearly get an overview of the size, dimensions and location proximity to the entire square block in that diagram.

Thanks NYguy !!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 10:22 PM

I continue to be further converted in to a fan of this building. Great spot for it! So glad the Eastern portion of Midtown will be getting super-talls to balance out the inevitable boom on the West side.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 11:10 PM
Mr. Technology

Keep in mind that there are plenty of opportunities along the West Side.

Personally, I am pleased to know that Park Avenue will be hosting a Super Tall with 432 Park Avenue.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 1:28 AM

How long before it reaches street level?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 1:49 AM
Gigatall Skyscraper

The cladding in those renderings is beautiful. The great thing to know is that it'll most likely look even better than that in real life, as most buildings usually do.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 2:23 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
The portion of the site fronting Park Ave is narrow, but is irrelevant because the tower is not located there.

The portion of the site where the tower is located runs the entire width of the block from 56th to 57th street- ~200ft. That part is also the width of 5 townhouses, which comes out to ~100ft. Plenty of room for a 93ft square tower.

It's all in the nydob filings.
Hey Scalziand, think any possibility it can reach strret level by sept?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 2:41 AM

I am going to LOVE this skyscraper just for the roof height factor alone. Imagine standing on the corner in Manhattan and just looking up at this baby. "Wow!"

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 3:05 AM
Come As You Are

^^ The thinness and simplicity of the design will add to the soaring effect, making it look much taller!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 12:51 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Concerning the old Drake Hotel:

I was watching some TV and I came across a commercial advertising a new show called 666 Park Avenue. After I got an outside glimpse of the place, it looked more and more like the old Drake Hotel! Are they doing something in remembrance of the old Drake? It might be fun to watch... ¯\(°_o)/¯

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 1:09 PM

666 Park is between 66th and 67th, about ten blocks north of the old Drake. There is no connection between the timing of the show and the demo of the old hotel.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 1:18 PM
New Yorker for life

Morning cam shot...(Aug 1, 2012)

www.432park.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 3:51 PM

Lots of work going on this morning...they are finishing up the last few perimeter sections. I would imagine by mid to late next week the ramp will be gone and will then start to see it rising. There is not much room left to maneuver

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive