HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 3:13 PM
Community Guy

I don't think those should be free, but perhaps at cost or the Oilers could indicate that they are partially subsidized or the like.

We definitely pre-drink more and have a few less beers at the game due to pricing these days.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 4:13 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Apr 18, 2024, 10:40 PM
Community Guy

Playoff parties in ICE District are back.

https://icedistrict.com/news/nhl-pla...-ice-district/

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 2:45 PM
Community Guy

I am a little surprised that the COE has not activated a family friendly viewing party in Churchill to bring thousands more Downtown in a fun and safe way.

Any plans?

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
I am a little surprised that the COE has not activated a family friendly viewing party in Churchill to bring thousands more Downtown in a fun and safe way.

Any plans?
Probably the cost of security is a cost they don't want to endure. Doesn't seem like that's something our Council would want to do.

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 7:02 PM
Change is good

Doesn't sound like the city can afford to do much of anything fun anymore, what with all the cuts from their revenue source like the province, it's fiscally irresponsible now. Katz has his own party district.

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 7:17 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 8:02 PM

So this weekend is the Home coming to celebrate the Edmonton Rowing Clubs 50th Anniversary.
1 of the founding 5 is making the trip. the 2 other surviving members cannot make it. One just started a new company and cant get back. However 100 alumni are back.

this includes 3 of 5 olympians. 1 is olympic and world champion.

We have been lucky to have 6 National team members. 2 Pan Am team Members.
1 member went on to coach at the world leve, but was also Men's Coach at U Vic for years.
1 member went on to create Canada's Para rowing program and also sat on 2 world rowing commissions and was the first Canadian to compete in the World Coastal rowing Championship.

there have also been teams that have brought home 5 national championships
4 Royal Canadian Henley Championships.

Some good numbers for a club with a short season.

And if you are down by Laurie Park this weekend The Alberta Boat race goes Sat.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 8:34 PM
Community Guy

RIP Dutchy.

Video Link

Old Posted Today, 5:07 PM
Community Guy

Elks Home Opener presented by Purolator kicks off at 2:00 p.m.
This Saturday will be a day to remember for Edmonton sports fans.

Saturday, June 8 marks the start of the 75th season of Double E football, as the Edmonton Elks open the CFL season against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. With the Edmonton Oilers advancing to the Stanley Cup Final, which opens Saturday in Sunrise, Florida, the Elks are ensuring fans will have a full day of sports action.

The Green and Gold's historic season opener will now kick off at 2 p.m. MDT, allowing fans the opportunity to watch the Green and Gold as a precursor to the Oilers return to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time since 2006.

"We share in Edmonton's collective excitement around the Oilers run to the Stanley Cup Final," said Elks President and CEO Rick LeLacheur. "There's nothing better than football on a beautiful afternoon, and that's exactly what Saturday will provide, as we open our historic 75th season. Saturday promises to be a great day for Edmonton sports fans."

Tickets for Saturday's game start at $22 for what promises to be an action-packed day at Commonwealth Stadium. All previously printed tickets with the old start time will be accepted at the gates.

Game day features the largest alumni autograph session in Club history pre-game (now from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.), a pre-game flyover from the Royal Canadian Airforce, debut of the Elks Fan Park, and a halftime celebration of Edmonton's 14 Grey Cup championships.

Full details on all game day activations can be found by clicking here.

Saturday's game is the culmination of what promises to be the busiest regular season week in Double E history, as Kickoff to 75 Week features public events every day. For more details on the full week of activities, click here.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton