HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 17, 2011, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

http://www.thanksgivingpark.com/

So in other words, it's just another business park.

I also found a live cam.

http://www.thanksgivingpark.com/Camera.html

Ok I'm learning some more about this. Looks like the first building is 5-story and the 2nd one ( the one that is getting built right now ) will be 4-stories.
this layout gives you an idea of why it's just another office park and that there's way too much parking lot. Oh well, that's about what I expected.

http://www.thanksgivingpark.com/uplo...1x17_Flyer.pdf
The Office Buildings At Thanksgiving Point are nice and its a good development. But I wish the new office space in Utah County was going in 5-15 story buildings in Provo. Oh well...

Old Posted Feb 17, 2011, 7:57 PM
Wen Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
The Office Buildings At Thanksgiving Point are nice and its a good development. But I wish the new office space in Utah County was going in 5-15 story buildings in Provo. Oh well...
I agree. These office parks create disorganization and are a total waste of space for 16 hours of the day.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2011, 12:40 PM

Traverse Mountain developers back to build outlet center

LEHI -- Plans begun in 2006 for an outdoor lifestyle mall southeast of Cabela's in north Lehi, put on hold during the recession, are back on track and moving rapidly.
Craig Realty Group, headquartered in Newport Beach, Calif., had an artist's rendering of its proposed design for Outlets at Traverse Mountain presented to Lehi staff and council members on March 8.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
Traverse Mountain developers back to build outlet center

LEHI -- Plans begun in 2006 for an outdoor lifestyle mall southeast of Cabela's in north Lehi, put on hold during the recession, are back on track and moving rapidly.
Craig Realty Group, headquartered in Newport Beach, Calif., had an artist's rendering of its proposed design for Outlets at Traverse Mountain presented to Lehi staff and council members on March 8.
Do you happen to have a link to the photos?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reachforthesky View Post
Do you happen to have a link to the photos?

Here is a photo.

I am not sure if these later documents are from when the mall was originally planned, or if they are related to the current plan:

This is the site plan (not sure if it up-to-date or the original from when before the economy tanked). You'll notice that it is across the street from a "future Trax light rail station." I wonder if it might be the Front Runner Station since it lists it as going from Provo to Ogden. Is this where the Front Runner station is supposed to be though? I am not sure.

And another document about reasons for building it.

Last edited by jtrent77; Mar 13, 2011 at 1:54 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:24 PM

I remember that project well, and it's a pretty big deal. That they are moving forward agressively is a major positive sign for the Wasatch Metro. Let's bring a few of the original articles forward, until we have some new updates...

October 2006 - Daily Herald - Gateway on steroids

Janelle Leatherwood is pleased.

A Kindermusic instructor teaching out of her Hunter Chase home, she said her property has increased over $30,000 in value, since they purchased it 18 months ago and she expects it will increase even more with the planned development of The Terrace.

"I'm excited about (The Terrace)," she said. "I just wish it was here now instead of in 2008."

Dubbed "a cross between the Gateway and the Shops at the Riverwoods on massive steroids" by Steven Roll, Lehi Area Chamber of Commerce member, the four million plus square feet of retail space and 150-acre development will be located southeast of Cabela's just off of SR 92. Initial plans include business parks, recreation space, a performing and cultural arts center, restaurants and cinemas. Oh, and plenty of retail shopping for the high-end and moderate income consumer.

With statewide media broadcasting the announcement and state dignitaries and other guest officials joining in the accolades for the lates commercial feather in Lehi's cap one would suppose Lehi residents, like Leatherwood, would be excited about the project. But there is a more practical side inherent in some Lehi consumers.

"I'm more excited about Costco, because that's where I go shopping," Bebbie Bartlett said. "It does mean more revenue to Lehi, more taxes. Maybe this will get our roads built." (Costco, a consumer discount club, has just opened
across from the American Fork, "The Meadows" on State Street and is located adjacement to a new Lowe's).

"Wow, for me I'd be happy about it: I've been to the Gateway once or twice," said former Lehi resident Karli Poyfair, now of Orem. "I'm pretty much pro shopping. Not having to go to Salt Lake would be fun.

August 2007 - Daily Herald -New outlet center planned for Lehi

By GRACE LEONG

- Traverse Mountain's stalled retail project in Lehi is coming out of a two-year hiatus after it found a new partner.

Craig Realty Group, a Newport Beach, Calif.-based factory outlet operator that manages 3.5 million square feet of retail space globally, is building what will be called The Fashion Outlets at Traverse Mountain, officials said Wednesday. The 550,000 square-foot upscale factory outlet anchored by Cabela's is part of Traverse Mountain's new 3.7 million-square-foot mixed-use project in Lehi.

It will replace Terrace at Traverse Mountain, a proposed 4 million-square-foot lifestyle center that was to have been co-developed by Forest City Development.

Why switch to a factory outletfi

The Fashion Outlets is a better fit for Traverse Mountain, in light of a slew of lifestyle center developments that emerged in Utah over the past two years, said Richard Rozier, vice president of Traverse Mountain.

"Pleasant Grove announced its plans for a lifestyle center. The District at Daybreak in South Jordan will also have an outdoor lifestyle center. Fashion Place, Cottonwood and Trolley Square were expanding, and the City Creek development was announced," he said. "That meant we'd have traditional lifestyle centers replicating retail brands every 15 to 20 miles."

To differentiate the Lehi project, Traverse Mountain decided to go with a premium brand name fashion outlet center that provides everyday discount values -- a concept it hopes will appeal to budget-conscious Utahns.

No tenants have signed up yet, but Craig Realty will begin marketing the Lehi property to more than 150 factory or manufacturer outlets today.

A typical Craig Realty factory outlet offers designer fashion and sportswear brands including Aéropostale, Nautica, Banana Republic, Adidas, Brooks Brothers, Dressbarn, Guess and Eddie Bauer at discounts of between 30 percent and 50 percent off department store prices and as much as 70 percent during promotional sales.

The factory outlet may also carry brand name footwear, children's fashion, toys and accessories, home furnishings, jewelry, leather, luggage and accessories, and other specialty retail outlets.

Company executives said annual sales at the Fashion Outlets at Traverse Mountain could exceed $400 per square foot, nearly double the industry average of $270 per square foot.

Why Forest City partnership ended

Rozier said Traverse Mountain broke off its partnership with Forest City after it kept dragging its feet supposedly because of insufficient population count and household income in the area.

"They wanted to do the groundbreaking in 2010 because they felt there weren't enough residents at this point to support the mammoth project," he said.

But Rozier felt there was a deeper level of commitment from Steven Craig, founder of Craig Realty, and also former president and chief operating officer of upscale outlet center owner Chelsea Property, a unit of Simon Property Group.

"All we had with Forest City was a letter of intent or an agreement to develop something as soon as it's practical, as opposed to what we have with Steve Craig, which is an operating agreement to start leasing and construction," he said.

Forest City officials could not be reached for comment on Traverse Mountain's claims.

Designed by San Francisco-based Field Paoli Architects, construction of the Lehi factory outlet center is expected to start next year and is scheduled for completion in fall 2009.

Historically, many outlet centers haven't had a reputation for quality construction, Rozier said.

But the Lehi outlet stores will look like those at the Gateway and showcase features including glass pavilions and water fountains, he said.

Craig said the Lehi outlet center will have more of an "intimate village feel" with a mix of fast casual, casual dining and fine dining restaurants.

"Our centers are known for not having any steps in them. It'll be great for pushing strollers, and for those using wheelchairs," he said. "Our restrooms aren't separated by metal panels. They're properly-sized family restrooms with multiple toilets."

Other mixed-use developments

In addition, construction of two 125,000-square-foot office towers along State Route 92 in Lehi will start this fourth quarter, said Gary Mangum, managing director of Coldwell Banker Commercial.

The 3.7 million-square-foot Traverse Mountain retail project also consists of a high-end retail/entertainment development and a neighborhood town center with amenities including gas stations, dry cleaners, banks and grocers.

When completed, the project is expected to generate 1,000 jobs including 150 managerial positions.

Last edited by delts145; Mar 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2011, 12:15 PM

Geneva redevelopment project meets opposition

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...tion.html?pg=1

VINEYARD, Utah County — The Alpine School District and Utah Taxpayers Association don't want to see public money used to fund part of the $900 million-plus makeover planned for the former Geneva Steel property.

And they may take legal action to keep it from happening.

"This would have a negative impact on taxpayers in Alpine School District," said Rhonda Bromley, district spokeswoman. "We are very much opposed to it."...

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 11:28 AM

Nice to see this large space redeveloped and reused so quickly.

American Fork Hobby Lobby grand opening to take place Monday

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...3160d493d.html

...Vince Parker, director of training and customer service for Hobby Lobby, said they hoped to hire 30 to 50 employees in the American Fork store. Their typical store is 55,000 square feet, but the one in American Fork has 56,819. The space varies due to the amount they get from a previous tenant or if they are creating a new retail space. Hobby Lobby is taking over the space previously occupied by Smith's Food and Drug...

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Nice to see this large space redeveloped and reused so quickly.

American Fork Hobby Lobby grand opening to take place Monday

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...3160d493d.html

...Vince Parker, director of training and customer service for Hobby Lobby, said they hoped to hire 30 to 50 employees in the American Fork store. Their typical store is 55,000 square feet, but the one in American Fork has 56,819. The space varies due to the amount they get from a previous tenant or if they are creating a new retail space. Hobby Lobby is taking over the space previously occupied by Smith's Food and Drug...

You don't know how happy my wife is about this opening... Uggh.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 10:12 PM
Exit 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post

Here is a photo.

I am not sure if these later documents are from when the mall was originally planned, or if they are related to the current plan:

This is the site plan (not sure if it up-to-date or the original from when before the economy tanked). You'll notice that it is across the street from a "future Trax light rail station." I wonder if it might be the Front Runner Station since it lists it as going from Provo to Ogden. Is this where the Front Runner station is supposed to be though? I am not sure.

And another document about reasons for building it.
How on earth would an outlet mall in Lehi justify building a parking structure? I mean, they are cool. But really?

Re: TRAX Station - UTA owns the R.O.W. of that rail line through, at least, American Fork. As ridership merits, you'll see the Draper line continue farther and farther south. I wouldn't hold my breath. Probably another 10-20 years to make it into Lehi, and a few more decades to expand beyond. Unless fuel dries up, ridership skyrockets, etc. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that, either.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 5:24 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215 View Post
How on earth would an outlet mall in Lehi justify building a parking structure? I mean, they are cool. But really?
I don't see the justification behind a parking garage either, but if this outlet mall is being built in the burbs, (Lehi) I'm all for the parking being structured. Even though it's simply a parking structure, it will give it a look of more density and will actually use land more efficiently, allowing for continued density down the road, rather than a sprawling surface lot taking up acres and acres of space.

Last edited by Future Mayor; Mar 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 5:59 PM

Given the slope of the land in that area, a parking structure kind of makes sense. Otherwise the parking would likely need to be terraced, and shoppers would be climbing lots of stairs goin to or from their cars.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 12:13 PM

UDOT makes history with American Fork bridge move

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...idge-move.html

AMERICAN FORK — The so-called Super Bowl of bridge moving took place Saturday night without commercial interruption but plenty of fanfare.

More than 1,100 people watched as self-propelled modular transporters put in place the 354-foot, 3.8 million-pound Sam White Bridge — the longest two-span bridge ever moved in the Western Hemisphere...

Crews prepare the transport equipment as UDOT will closes I-15 in both directions at American Fork to allow for the move of the giant Sam White Bridge. This is considered to be the largest bridge built to date in the western hemisphere using the now famous Self Propelled Modular Transporter System. Sunday, March 27, 2011. Mike Terry, Deseret News (Mike Terry, Deseret News)

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 12:30 PM

Orem manufacturer of blending machines expands facility

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-facility.html

OREM — Blendtec, a manufacturer of blending equipment, is expanding its Orem facilities by 100,100 square feet.

The additional space will be used to manufacturer new products.

It facilities at 1206 S. 1680 West currently include 168,000 square feet of manufacturing, warehouse, and administrative offices.

The additional space will also include a small medical clinic, complementing its existing fitness and massage center and full-time personal trainer...

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 5:06 PM

Fortune 500 Companies Eyeing North Utah County

A $20 million pipeline will secure a badly-needed culinary water source for northwest Utah County and has brought Fortune 500 companies into the area eyeing property for a new place to grow.

City and county officials alluded to a future economic boom at a Wednesday groundbreaking ceremony for the Saratoga Springs Pipeline Project funded by the Utah Water Conservancy District, but when pressed, would laugh and sashay around who or what companies were arriving.

An interesting article that really only is about the pipeline, but hints that they think it will bring in a lot of companies to the area.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 5:16 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

So, bring more water to the area, perpetuating the already out of control growth of Cedar Valley. THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE!

Here's a stupid quote ""So I think when the mayor said that this area is going to be 80,000 by 2030, I think that was incredibly conservative. I think you are going to see this place really, really boom. We've exploded in the last 10 years, but I think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg."

NOT IF YOU DON'T BRING THEM WATER! JACK ASS

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 6:49 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I wish these Fortune 500 companies would eye downtown Salt Lake City or Provo and not freaking Saratoga Springs.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post

So, bring more water to the area, perpetuating the already out of control growth of Cedar Valley. THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE!

Here's a stupid quote ""So I think when the mayor said that this area is going to be 80,000 by 2030, I think that was incredibly conservative. I think you are going to see this place really, really boom. We've exploded in the last 10 years, but I think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg."

NOT IF YOU DON'T BRING THEM WATER! JACK ASS
Those people really need some education about sustainability! This just makes me mad! Build close to existing infrastructure first! These people chose to live out there, and they should find their own water and own sources instead of asking Utah County to build a pipe, or more roads, or sewage out there!!!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Those people really need some education about sustainability! This just makes me mad! Build close to existing infrastructure first! These people chose to live out there, and they should find their own water and own sources instead of asking Utah County to build a pipe, or more roads, or sewage out there!!!
whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's settle down, it's all Utah, and we like the Utes! Sustainability is about using all available practical resources and having everybody work together. It's not that anybody should be lazy, it just takes a little time to develop this, and involves a lot of thinking.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 11:57 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Many times it's not the fault of the buyers of these homes out in the exurbs. It is often times the fault of city policy regarding density and environmental policy regarding saving anything that is wet. These policies and environmental fights limit the continued growth in already developed areas, resulting in fewer homes in these areas, resulting in the existing housing stock becoming to expensive.

Sorry to bring up a SLC issue, but this is one reason I like the NW Quadrant development plan. It allows new homes in the city limits, meeting a demand for living in SLC proper and provides for more housing opportunities for a greater amount of people.

If any of you have read that book I recommended, my comments are sounding very familiar.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West