HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 5:51 PM
Community Guy

My attention and care is not with him, but our front 5.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
My attention and care is not with him, but our front 5.
I wouldn't worry about it.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2024, 8:00 AM
That guy...

Interesting perspectives. I'm still reserving judgement on the effectiveness of Marsch's tactics, but I will say that when they stick to the script, Canada have thus far been threatening to anyone they've played against. Having players with the confidence to go forward and press against the World Cup winner's back line is definitely a positive.

Some other thoughts:
  • Crépeau should have been in Borjan's place at least a couple of years ago. Anyone who can stop Messi on a breakaway deserves more than the cursory glances he got earlier.
  • Bombito looks like he belongs there. Makes one wonder why he wasn't seemingly on the radar earlier either.
  • A bit of shoddy officiating didn't help Canada either. It would be interesting to see how many cleat marks Schaffelburg still has in his quad from the uncalled cheap shot he got just outside Argentina's box.
  • Anyone else notice that Martinez's release point on his punts was consistently about a step and a half outside his box? That gets called even in the bush leagues that I play in.
The best takeaway I have after watching Chile and Peru hack each other up and down the pitch to a scoreless draw is that Canada have good potential to do damage to both of these teams. I'm looking forward to their next game.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2024, 10:15 PM

Old Posted Today, 7:42 AM
That guy...

A win's a win?

After sleepwalking through most of the first half, Les Rouges finally came alive in the 2nd half to beat Peru as Jonathan David ended his international drought.

Some more Mickey Mouse officiating from the Guatemalan crew as a blatant head butt against Johnston by Lopez (¡qué pendejo!) was missed not only the field but somehow by the VAR squad. Thankfully they woke up when Schaffelburg was later tagged by a bad studs-up follow through, and Peru played most of the half with 10.

Oluwaseyi was impressive - he's got good pace and was getting into the right positions; I felt he was unlucky not to score on a breakaway. Another young guy with lots of promise to keep an eye on. Sure the naysayers and Fox Sports talking heads will claim that Peru gave up after David's goal, but there were a number of chances to increase the score that went begging. Looking forward to the game against Chile.

Old Posted Today, 11:00 AM

I have to admit, I didn't want any highlights of the France or Netherlands games as they were only friendlies and only watched highlights against Argentina and Peru. But so far, Canada's only goal under Marsch was against 10 men. I have read though that Canada haven't exactly been pushovers in those games either. So I hope they can grow and become more lethal. But I've never liked Marsch and I think he's well below Herdman as a coach due to his lack of charisma. I get the feeling guys were inspired under Herdman and played better as a team. Anyway, hope they grow and win some more games, win a GC and perform well at the WC.

Canada got Concacafed before with the terrible reffing several times. The worst being when they scored the tying goal in the SF against the US because the US defender touched the ball, negating an offiside. Somehow the ref and linesman missed seeing that or they forgot the rules of the game. But now we got Conmeboled. And that ref had the benefit of VAR. I guess it's not surprising though. Do you remember when that Chilean guy fingered Cavani's ass and Cavani then flicked his face as light as a feather and dude dropped like a pile of bricks? Cavani got a red and a two match ban. No VAR then but somehow the suspension wasn't overturned after the fact.

Old Posted Today, 11:10 AM

My daugther started playing soccer. She has the typical Timbits house league jersey on and it's an absolute tent on her. The league switched to a new kit maker for this year and they are from the US. They ordered S and M for the 2018 and 2019 born kids. The M, which my daughter has, says 8-10 on it. The league told me they sent the kit maker measurements of their previous jerseys but got these instead. The lady admitted to me they never tried any sample kits. They ordered 22,000 lbs worth of kit and gear in November for receipt in April.

How do you make such a big purchase without trying anything in advance? They said all kids and adults on staff got kit 1-2 sizes too big. They said a contingent is going down to the facility in NJ this fall to make sure they get things right for next season.

My daughter's shorts won't even stay on her hips. Good thing I have small black Argentina shorts for her already. But when I tuck the shirt in, it's so long it hangs out of the leg holes of the shorts. So I have to untuck a bit after that. I mean, I pay hundreds of dollars for something, shouldn't I expect to receive clothing that actually fits and not have to scramble for shorts? The pinnies are also so big they consistently are falling off the shoulders of the kids.

It's kind of cute to see kids wearing baggy clothes, but it's completely unnecessary. And yeah, if you google Timbits soccer or whatever, half the pics will show kids wearing baggy kit but the other half is proper fitting. How hard is it to order smaller sizes for 4-6 year old kids? If there's extras then you can use for next year?

Anyone else notice that?

Old Posted Today, 1:15 PM

Old Posted Today, 7:55 PM

Expect another Canadian to sign in Ligue 1 France. Lyon is in talks with the Colorado Rapids for Moise Bombito.

Also FC Copenhagen has joined Dutch clubs looking at Derek Cornelius. Stay tuned.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada