HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 5, 2023, 9:50 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
Hard to have people care when you can't win at home for two seasons in a row.

I'm a big CFL fan but and I love the Elks/Eskimos organization but man, it's hard to get people to want to come out of games when you don't win and do next to nothing in regards to advertising the team in the community.

I have faith in Vic but we need to start winning again.
The home wins are the biggest thing for sure, which is why I bought the 'Guaranteed Win' ticket for the home opener this year against Saskatchewan. As much fun as it would be to get subsequent home games free if they lost that one, I really do they hope they break the losing streak.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2023, 11:23 PM
Community Guy

Heritage Classic tickets are now on sale to all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/victorcu...3wJbA7Cg%3D%3D

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 1:48 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jul 2, 2023, 5:29 PM
Community Guy

Awesome!

---
Over 6700 in attendance to watch the @EdmRiverhawks coat to a 11 - 2 romp!! Hawks are undefeated when we go!

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 4:45 PM
A Better Place

That's a huge crowd for baseball, great to see!

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 7:05 PM

I've heard nothing but positive things about the Riverhawks games. They seem to have it dialed in on how to make a great family event.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 9:31 PM
Community Guy

^6500+ on Canada Day and about 2000 for my game on a cold Sunday.

Their in-game and between inning is fantastic, but comparatively speaking to previous ball teams there, the food/bev offerings are night and day; with many local offerings for beer.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2023, 1:24 PM
Community Guy

Edmonton Oilers are the most improved team in Pacific Division this off-season, says analytics expert. Hmm

Author of the article:
David Staples • Edmonton Journal

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...eid=b81cde227f

Old Posted Aug 3, 2023, 9:24 PM
Community Guy

Mayor Sohi responds to provincial decision about Commonwealth Games bid
August 3, 2023

Mayor Sohi was informed directly of the Government of Alberta’s decision to not continue with a bid for the 2030 Commonwealth Games. He issued the following statement in response:

“I appreciated being notified by Minister Schow as soon as the decision was made by the provincial government to withdraw its support. As one of the 40 best sports cities in the world, we were truly excited to unite people worldwide in a celebration of sport and culture, advance reconciliation with our Indigenous partners and create infrastructure and program legacies for future generations.

Our talented city has an incredibly strong community and drive for success. Sports are part of our DNA and we love how it brings people together. Edmonton will continue hosting national and international events and showcase talented athletes of all ages and abilities while building legacies and lifetime memories for our community.

We want to thank all partners who participated in this provincial bid exploration. We look forward to continued work with our government partners. I appreciate Minister Schow’s commitment to continue to work with the City of Edmonton to continue to build and rehabilitate sports infrastructure and advance sport tourism for our city, province, and country.”

Mayor Amarjeet Sohi

Media contact:
Lindsay Harvey
Office of the Mayor
780-818-3707

Old Posted Aug 5, 2023, 1:03 PM
Community Guy

RE/MAX field and the Riverhawks absolutely killing it when it comes to entertainment value and attendance of late.

https://twitter.com/EdmRiverhawks/st...31831%2Fpage-3

Old Posted Aug 5, 2023, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
RE/MAX field and the Riverhawks absolutely killing it when it comes to entertainment value and attendance of late.

https://twitter.com/EdmRiverhawks/st...31831%2Fpage-3
The new one in Spruce Grove holds 2200 whereas the one in Edmonton is built and holds 9200.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2023, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Am I correct in my understanding that the city wants to get rid of that ball park?

Or did I misread?

Getting a crowd that size to a game there is wonderful!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2023, 12:24 AM

^ Leave it to the mental midgets in City council to consider getting rid of the ball park.

They should be incorporating the park into a Rosedale Power plant recreation complex with maybe a river valley hotel.

Is there any traction on that? Do we have to business and political will to get it done?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2023, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
^ Leave it to the mental midgets in City council to consider getting rid of the ball park.

They should be incorporating the park into a Rosedale Power plant recreation complex with maybe a river valley hotel.

Is there any traction on that? Do we have to business and political will to get it done?
There is the small matter of indigenous burial sites to consider. After all, that did kill the proposed gondola project about a year ago. Who knows if that will also do away with the Rossdale transportation improvements or the Touch The Water project?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2023, 1:14 PM
Community Guy

Quote:

Our greatest opportunity and asset will be left in limbo for yet another generation and award winning plans due to the inherent complexity with its lands, previous uses and political landmines.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2023, 1:04 PM
Community Guy

I really hope Cameron and his buddies hand paper bags out at all entrances, off property of course, prior to the next home game to send a message.

Probably only need to pick a few dozen up to cover it.
---
Edmonton Elks fan says wearing paper bag led to his ejection from stadium

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/edmonton...dium-1.6506456

Old Posted Aug 8, 2023, 9:55 PM
A Better Place

Quote:

There aren't any serious plans to get rid of REMAX Field. The River Crossing plans have it included.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2023, 10:15 PM
Community Guy

Disagree and having sat in more than one meeting (probably a dozen) with that 'option' on the very real table, there is still risk there.

Part of that was tied to the lack of redevelopment land for critical mass around a power plant epicentre with an 'underused' park, the other was to do with road realignments.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2023, 2:02 PM
Change is good

I dont attend enough baseball games to really care, but that baseball field is mint. Keep it. Work around it. Its so lovely to watch a game in the river valley having a beer and a dog

Old Posted Aug 9, 2023, 5:36 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
I dont attend enough baseball games to really care, but that baseball field is mint. Keep it. Work around it. Its so lovely to watch a game in the river valley having a beer and a dog
Agreed, it would be such a waste to demolish a barely 30-year old baseball stadium that is in great shape and in a very unique, scenic location.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton