HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Today, 4:20 AM

I'm kind of with Delts on this. The decline of Portland in the last few years is well documented. It was doing great for awhile and then took a left turn a few years ago (no pun intended) and I think it's lost allot of it's "cool" factor.

Salt Lake City is clearly on an upward trajectory. Portland, at least for the time being, seems to be loosing ground.

Like Mstar said, I think Portland is "OK." I think it got overhyped during the 2010s.

Old Posted Today, 4:21 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
You're castigating me and calling me an embarrassment? Wow, talk about a bold faced hypocrite!!

If once in a great while and on a very rare occasion I disagree strongly about something I will take that right. We are all well aware that I am not nearly as frequent with smack as you Comrade!!
Not a hypocrite at all. You could have been reasonable in your take about Portland without going so overboard that you sound hysterical. Calling downtown Portland an apocalyptic cesspool is no way to get people to take your point seriously.

mstar's comments on Portland were far more reasonable without resorting to some wild attacks.

Old Posted Today, 4:23 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
I'm kind of with Delts on this. The decline of Portland in the last few years is well documented. It was doing great for awhile and then took a left turn a few years ago (no pun intended) and I think it's lost allot of it's "cool" factor.

Salt Lake City is clearly on an upward trajectory. Portland, at least for the time being, seems to be loosing ground.

Like Mstar said, I think Portland is "OK." I think it got overhyped during the 2010s.
The issue isn't whether Portland is declining. It's referring to it as an apocalyptic cesspool, when it clearly it isn't.

Look: I know we all get extremely upset when people use hyperbole to attack Salt Lake and Utah in general. I don't find it productive at all to use it to attack other cities (and really, go read comments on KSL about downtown Salt Lake and they mirror in tone the exact same toxic rhetoric and it's just as crazy there too lol).

Portland might not be the Portland of the mid-2000s but that point can be articulated without sounding unhinged lol

Old Posted Today, 1:25 PM
of SLC

Compared to what it used to be and where it was headed, Portland has turned into shit the last few years directly related to their lunatic policies they voted for. They deserve every last bit of shit people give them.

Of course there will always be people who get offended at what is clearly obvious, and they'll be the first ones to let you know how unhinged YOU are... LMAO.

Old Posted Today, 1:43 PM

Didn’t watch the entire video but downtown Portland seems mostly barren.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West